Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

How does the clearance markdown vary by store?

If an item at a target store is market down 75% at one store and only 50% at a neighboring store, how long can we expect the other store to hit 75%?

Does anyone have experience? Thanks!

Each target, no matter how close serves a certain basic clientelle. For instance, there is a small target in orange park in a much higher priced (housing is 2-3 times as expensive as ones 5 miles away) they seem to have less clearance of some things. I have several theories on this.

Basically, I think the decorating stuff gets purchased at a faster rate, furniture higher dollar wall decorations etc., the new brand name lines of clothes, especially for teens goes faster and the volume of the store is not stocked as high too.

where as my super target in my city and the supertarget 5 miles away next to the naval base has a much wider range of clientele and the shelves are fully stocked....example, shampoo....stocked all the way back to the back wall of shelf where as the smaller store may only have 4-5 bottles deep....there for less product to go to clearance.

I think it is hard to predict what will be left in any store but the better each store is at managing inventory (watching volumes and not just letting the computer order 10 of an item when you are getting ready to reset or clearance an area makes a big difference.)

I have four all within a 10 mile radius over two cities and the best ones for clearance are always the supertargets.

Its part of the fun of the chase for the deal!

I have a question... on the MM boxes are they just shelved in with the 15 packs? I searched ours and didn't find any and I know that it is just the luck of the draw, but I wanted to make sure I am looking in the right place!

I did find a hand can opener (non-electric) on clearance 75% off from $10 to $2.50, which was great : ) Mine had broken, but we are really low on clearance at our Target here!!!

I have a question... on the MM boxes are they just shelved in with the 15 packs? I searched ours and didn't find any and I know that it is just the luck of the draw, but I wanted to make sure I am looking in the right place!

I did find a hand can opener (non-electric) on clearance 75% off from $10 to $2.50, which was great : ) Mine had broken, but we are really low on clearance at our Target here!!!

yes they are usually in the same place as the 15 packs. Look behind the 15 packs also because they get pushed back some of the times because people see 10 pk vs 15 pk and they take the 15 pk first. If they ONLY knew .... :D:D

Just got back from target... found the Legos pirate set for $24.99 (reg $99.99) and a Hulk game 4.24 regularly $17.99. Also found a great deal in the camping dept. They had the Coleman portable blender reg. $49.99 for 12.49. Halloween costumes still 30% off (they were condensing all of the Halloween stuff into 4 aisles getting ready for the 50% off probably :smirk:)

Just got back from target... found the Legos pirate set for $24.99 (reg $99.99) and a Hulk game 4.24 regularly $17.99. Also found a great deal in the camping dept. They had the Coleman portable blender reg. $49.99 for 12.49. Halloween costumes still 30% off (they were condensing all of the Halloween stuff into 4 aisles getting ready for the 50% off probably :smirk:)

What Legos Pirate set? Do you mean the Knights Castle set? Can you give us the DCPI? thanks!

Yay on the mm's. I found some last week but they still had the old receipt at that store. The story made sense but maybe it's still considered grocery.

I want to cry now. So many things are getting listed that I would want and DS is laid out on the couch sick as a dog.

Nicci, do you have the dpci for the Hulk game or just what game it is? DS wants those giant hulk hands but he may end up with a game instead.

ginabarrett, what brand of can opener was it? I'm waiting for the B&D openstation to get marked down but we still need a manual opener for when the power goes out.

Our Target had the Legos Castle set, reg 99.99, on clearance for 69.99. I hid it hoping to go back and find it lower.

Yeah, I think that is the one she means. I got lucky and got it for $25 back during the August clearance. Some of the small stores clearanced them then. I hid one and got if for DS for Christmas. He'll be thrilled! I am hoping to get one of the Batman Penguin sets.

FYI, I also saw the Lego Creator Jet Plane on clearance at one store yesterday. It is the first time I saw it.

Has anyone seen any of the pink kitchen gadgets reduced further? I can't remember the brand, but they were on an endcap, and there was a can opener, ice cream scoop, pans....I think they were 30 or 50% when I went Monday, and aren't household items supposed to be reduced on Weds or Thurs?

My only good finds today were only 50% off but I had to buy them cause they were the last ones - got the Rubbermade containers small square ones 4 pack for 1.18 and the large rectangle ones 2 pack for 2.38. These were the ones with the orange lids but no halloween designs on them.

Today our store had DIY kids comforters with shams for $5.04 down from 39.99 (very weird price!) for both boys and girls. I picked up 4 MM 10 packs :D and did the MM dance in the store, lol. Also picked up an I Coaster for "damaged box" price of $43.xx (was 88). Oh, and got a princess laptop for 8.xx!

Has anyone seen any of the pink kitchen gadgets reduced further? I can't remember the brand, but they were on an endcap, and there was a can opener, ice cream scoop, pans....I think they were 30 or 50% when I went Monday, and aren't household items supposed to be reduced on Weds or Thurs?

Just got back from a quick run and found:

###pro fressionals large mixing bowl with handle for 2.48 was 9.99 (these are dark pink)

###pro fressionals pinch bowls .48 was 1.99 (blue, purple and pink)

###pro fressionals ice cream scoop 1.24 was 4.99 (blue handle)

###hammered metal martini shaker 3.74 was 14.99 (just in time for our All Hallows Eve party!!)

###fall harvest stoneware small leaf platter 1.24 was 4.99

###dial complete antibacterial handwash (32 oz) w/free 7.5 oz pump 1.98 was 3.99

###brach's hawaiian punch fruit snacks 24 pouches 2.78 was 3.96

###photo savers 4x6 laminating pouches 5pk (no machine needed) .83 was 3.34

###luggage tag laminating pouches 5 pk (no machine needed) 1.03 was 4.14

Are you guys finding the lego sets on the clearance end caps or mixed in with all the regular priced ones??

Edited by txsupermom

What Legos Pirate set? Do you mean the Knights Castle set? Can you give us the DCPI? thanks!

Its the Lego Castle Kings castle siege (sorry.. I just grabbed it in a hurry and thought it was pirate) The ASIN: B000NOB9Z8 and the DCPI is 204000780 and the INCREDIaBlE HULK SMASH game is 087100354

Good evening all...I purchased the Airwick Fresh Matic Ultra starter kit for $1.99...The regular retail is $11.99 each. Some stores I visited in the Charlotte, NC area have done a temporary price cut of the product down to $5.99 and then one scent, Harvest Spice has a $4.00 coupon you can peel and use. I bought all of the ones in the store I was in and I hit up a location right across the border in Rock Hill, SC. The price cut in SC was not advertised, but when I did a price check it rang up at the sale price.

I know of one store in the area removed the coupons off the product before placing it on the shelf, so you may have to dig around a little. (A friend of mine works overnight stock and he confirmed the coupons were stacked up in the back!)

Good evening all...I purchased the Airwick Fresh Matic Ultra starter kit for $1.99...The regular retail is $11.99 each. Some stores I visited in the Charlotte, NC area have done a temporary price cut of the product down to $5.99 and then one scent, Harvest Spice has a $4.00 coupon you can peel and use. I bought all of the ones in the store I was in and I hit up a location right across the border in Rock Hill, SC. The price cut in SC was not advertised, but when I did a price check it rang up at the sale price.

I know of one store in the area removed the coupons off the product before placing it on the shelf, so you may have to dig around a little. (A friend of mine works overnight stock and he confirmed the coupons were stacked up in the back!)

Why did they remove the coupons? Aren't the coupons from the manufacturer, so it cost them money? I have noticed at the Targets that I go to sometimes don't have the peelie coupons that some people on here post about.

Large Dove 2 packs of body wash 2.24 each

Lean Cuisine (meatball ones) clearanced to 1.08

Dial hand soap.. included large refill bottle and regular pump 1.98 from 5.99

Lady speedstick deodorants (2packs) clearanced to 1.28 (I bought all 8 of them) no coupons, but hey I always buy cheap deodorant.

nature valley yogurt bars (strawberry) clearanced to 1.74 (bought 8 of them. Used .50 MQ coupons and Target .50 coupons).... There are nature valley coupons on the back of the 2 packs of cereal when they were clearanced a few months back. Target ones.

I have a question,

What am I doing wrong? I go to this website: http://www.schumanfamily.com/fatwallet/targetasin.php

I put in my zip code, and the asin or dcpi number and I always get this response:Could not recognize the DCPI value of ####. So, does that mean there isn't any product in my zip code, or I am doing something wrong? TIA.

I think this usually means the item is no longer available in the system. It happens to me too.

I have a question,

What am I doing wrong? I go to this website: http://www.schumanfamily.com/fatwallet/targetasin.php

I put in my zip code, and the asin or dcpi number and I always get this response:Could not recognize the DCPI value of ####. So, does that mean there isn't any product in my zip code, or I am doing something wrong? TIA.

Could be that the item is not in the system, but I have tried a number of things that ARE usually in the system, and I can't get it to work for anything either. May be not working again.