Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

Is the outside mats on clearance as yet? haven't been to Target all week so not sure what markdowns my Targets are doing.... Heading there tomorrow.

I saw some of the mats for $6.98 at ours (30% off). Actually the summer stuff was 30% off at our store to include patio items, the summer plates (not Whim series) and some gardening type stuff.

I went on Thursday and bought both my boys new clothes for when preschool starts in August. The clearance was 50% (although some things seemed to be marked down even more) and the deals were really good. I prefer them to be dressed in a preppier style, and most of the clothes I bought looked like Gap knock offs. Most of the brands were Target's Osh Kosh brand (Genuine Kids) & Cherokee brand.

People were buying things up like crazy and I think it would be slim pickings if they actually went to 75% off.

For $115 I got:

2 pairs of Spiderman light up velcro tennis shoes (clearanced to $7.48 each)

12 pairs of adjustable waist khaki type shorts (little bit longer shorts w/ pockets on the legs)

16 shirts (mostly Polo type and button down shirts and a few striped Tee's)

Plus a clearanced baby girl dress to add to a friend's baby shower gift (clearanced to $1.74 :eyepoppin)

I went to target twice yesterday. my morning trip, there was nothing good, everything was still at 30% off and the patio furniture and sunny patch things were not marked down.

then when i went at night time with DH, all patio furniture and sunny patch things were 30% off, the foam storage containers that someone asked about earlier were 75% off and all the kids bathroom things that had been marked down last week to 30% was GONE! I couldnt believe it..... nothing anywhere to be found.

I did buy a rug for our bathroom for $2.48(75%) and that was it. the Dyson Slim vacuum was marked to 50% off.

There was so much clearance here, I haven't seen that much in a very long time. Most was still at 30%, but they had tons so I think we have quite a bit at 50 or even 75%. There were a lot of clothes that were scanning lower than they were marked.

The Target I visited in northeast Ohio had summer stuff on 30% clearance...tons of it left. School supplies weren't out but there were some teacher things in the Dollar Spot, none of which I could use. Summer stuff was mostly still in the Dollar Spot. They had a lot of clearance things 75% off, but it was all under signs marked 30% off. I found some really cute Nick and Nora pajamas with sock monkeys- only size small left for about $6.00. There were about 5 pair.

Guest quigonatr
DOEs anyone use a Dyson vacum? I have to know if theyare really worth the extra money? Doe they work on tile & carpet? saw one 50% off yesterday might be gone now? WD-40 was only .52 I got my long awaited memory foam mattress toppers a king size Reg. $169 for $45.99 & reg $ 129 Full size for $ 39.99 :eyepoppin I have been off for a while on vacations & stuff. It's good to be back full force! Our patio was 30% & 50% off.

DOEs anyone use a Dyson vacum? I have to know if theyare really worth the extra money? Doe they work on tile & carpet?

I've owned one for 2 years and I'd say it worth the extra money. I love it. Yes, it works on carpet and tile, there is an knob on the base to switch between carpet and bare floor.

Heading out today to scope out the patio furniture. Planning to put in a pool so some new patio furniture would be a great accessory :)

Does anyone know if the summer picnic stuff will go 75% off next week? And what day does the markdown fall on? The kids' straw mugs (it has water inbetween the casing which I assume is to freeze the mugs) would be great for my daugter's luau birthday party. Please post if you see it marked down to 75% (currently 50%); I need to pick up 20 of them. Thanks!

DOEs anyone use a Dyson vacum? I have to know if theyare really worth the extra money? Doe they work on tile & carpet? saw one 50% off yesterday might be gone now

I have the Dyson DC14 model...They are worth the clearance price...But I would never pay the original price...I love my Dyson...It has superb suction...lol...and it can be used on tile or carpet...There is a switch on the bottom that says Bare Floor or Carpet..You just switch it back & forth....HTH!!

Speaking of Dysons...I saw them at 50% off today...and the shelf was completely empty..So anyone wanting one should check b4 there gone...

Okay so here I live in Upstate NY and the 2 Targets near me never have anything good. :(

I get so mad sometimes that they don't mark down as fast as other stores do. And by tthe time I get there they are gone..........Maybe I just need to sleep there...lol:)

Okay so here I live in Upstate NY and the 2 Targets near me never have anything good. :(

I get so mad sometimes that they don't mark down as fast as other stores do. And by tthe time I get there they are gone..........Maybe I just need to sleep there...lol:)

That's funny! Wouldn't be nice if we could do that.

The Saratoga Springs store is very slow to mark things down. The few times that I've been in there, I couldn't find ANY clearance!

The Saratoga Springs store is very slow to mark things down. The few times that I've been in there, I couldn't find ANY clearance!

Yeah, it goes by demographics. I asked why some targets clearance faster than others and I was told that smaller stores get a bigger markdown (and quicker) because it is harder for them to move merchandise. The bigger stores have a larger volume of customers to buy up the merchandise so it goes slower. Don't know if the salewoman was making that up or not but that's what she told me.

Edited by chrisjuvers
spelling

Ye

ah, it goes by demographics. I asked why some targets clearance faster than others and I was told that smaller stores get a bigger markdown (and quicker) because it is harder for them to move merchandise. The bigger stores have a larger volume of customers to buy up the merchandise so it goes slower. Don't know if the salewoman was making that up or not but that's what she told me.

This explains why my Super Target rarely gets to the 75% off...Or when the do not much is left..Everything gets purchased at 50% off...I wish shoppers would wait. :mad:

Does anyone know if the summer picnic stuff will go 75% off next week? And what day does the markdown fall on? The kids' straw mugs (it has water inbetween the casing which I assume is to freeze the mugs) would be great for my daugter's luau birthday party. Please post if you see it marked down to 75% (currently 50%); I need to pick up 20 of them. Thanks!

When did yours go 50%. My store as of Friday was still 30% and I asked how long it had been at 30 % and the girl said about a week or week and a half, I know it will be two weeks this coming week because I've been watching them since last Monday. So maybe this week sometime they will go lower, I am working all weekend so wont be able to go until Monday or Tuesday so I hope they didn't lower the price this weekend. Do they do markdowns on the weekends?

Finally found some good stuff today after a long dry spell. PIcked up for my DD a set of four Hannah Montana plastic drinking cups with straws and a platter. also the Hannah MOntana set that had two plates, a cup and a bowl. Both sets where marked down 75% to 3.74. My DD is 3 and loves Hannah MOntana. Also while I was leaving target they had a table set up and where giving away free pints of Archer Brand Ice-cream and a 1.00 off coupon on your next purchase. I will let you know how it tastes later.

They NEVER have the mm juice at the Portage store but I find them almost every trip in the store on West Main, if you're ever over on that side of town. They are usually right in the front on the shelf. I'm moving out of the state so there will be many more left, lol.

hi,i

i am new bee ,what is big deal behind this juice?

what is mm juice?

hi,i

i am new bee ,what is big deal behind this juice?

what is mm juice?

Hi..Welcome...You can read all about the MM juice deal, if you click on the first page of this thread and look at the bottom...There is a whole paragraph that describes what this deal is...

A friend of mine mentioned her dollar spot went 50% off today. Does anyone have an idea when it will go 75%, is there a certain time period after it goes 50%??? There's a lot of stuff that I would like to grab for party favors.

Do you know what color dot in the Dollar Spot is being clearanced out?

Isn't it almost time for the toy clearance? I thought mid-july?

I was at Target yesterday and noticed a lot of toys being put on clearance end caps. It seemed like they were at the very beginning of moving out the toys.

Isn't it almost time for the toy clearance? I thought mid-july?

It has already started. They always do it in waves, and several people have reported a fair number of items already marked down. The final markdown never comes until the end of July to the First of August (it is always just as we are about to go on vacation, so I am always in a panic as to whether I'll get what I want). This year may be slightly different if they want to reset the Action Figures aisle early. There will be a HUGE launch of the new Star Wars toys July 26th, so I am not sure how they'll handle that relative to their regularly scheduled clearance. They don't usually reset the department until after the clearance is fully moved.

Does anyone know anything about a printable Target coupon going around for $5 off of $25 purchase? Someone emailed it to me and at first it looks legit but I got suspicious since the exp date is the same as the toy coupon and so I googled it. At least some people are saying it was the toy coupon forged to erase the picture and the word "toy." I certainly do not want to use it if it is fake - thought someone here might know...

Colleen