Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

I went to my local Target today..to pay credit card bill:no: and I had to do my perimeter

peruse. There was not much there but I did find a Homedics Sound Premium Spa clock radio

it was red tagged at $24.98 but it rang up $6.48:yup: It has 6 nature sounds and it even

projects the time on the ceiling in large numbers and it even has an indoor, outdoor built

in thermometer and remote and it automatically does the time with the atomic time

satellite. It is quite a cool little gadget and well worth the money. The price tag shows that

the original price was $49.99. I checked it all out and it works fine...wonder if it was a

online return?

I have this clock and LOVE it! Got as a xmas gift! That is an awesome price!

I do!! I would even pay full price. You are wonderful for looking for me! Thank you!

Re: Scrapbooking stuff

Most of the markdowns here are 30%, on stickers and paper. I am looking for a Xyron machine, though :(.

I saw the cupcake scrapbooking stuff marked down this week, 30%. Most of it was cleaned out, only one pack of paper left. jorjenb , do you want it even if it's only 30% off? I can go back and check for it.

My area is slowwwwwwww with some of these markdowns. Most of the bedding is about 50%, but I've been waiting 3 weeks for it to be marked 75% off. Another Target literally 5 minutes down the street went 75% off 2 weeks ago. :mad:

Not a whole lot is left, but I saw the Isaac Mizrahi green polka dot sheets 75% off last week. There were a lot of them at the time, but I haven't seen any since the weekend. I will check a couple more Targets today.

They do have new Simply Shabby Chic and Fieldcrest Luxury bedding out. The new Fieldcrest Luxury stuff is not as pretty, I think. I just need some pillowcases and shams!! :yuck:

We still have Burt's Bees school kits and baby kits for like, only 50% off. Haven't most other Targets gone 75% off on this stuff already?

As for lamps and small furniture, I am pretty sure it is marked down on Mondays. Very few of the markdown schedules I see online show furniture, but a couple years ago, I walked in right after the chickie had done the markdowns and I got some really great finds. It was a Monday. I think lamps and frames and gifts and that whole area should be Monday as well. The mirrored stuff looks Shabby Chic, but I never checked to see if it was Shabby Chic line. However, I did notice the same kind of mirrored stuff in the bath accessories in the Shabby Chic line - that stuff went 75% off either yesterday or the day before. If you are looking for other Shabby Chic furniture, the bath furniture area has a "floor cabinet" that makes a nice low little bookshelf. Those were clearanced. I have been looking for an etagiere, but either they were not marked down or they are all gone. The stuff coordinates with the BIG furniture (bookcase, armoire, dresser, etc.) in the regular furniture section if anyone is looking to match the stuff.

Just got back from Target and they had marked all the 300 & 400 count sheets, etc to 75% off. I was able to pick up king pillow cases for 2.98, twin set from my DS fro 7.xx and King fitted and flat sheets for 9.98 each. All the fire pits were gone. In electronics I saw a 7" dvd and ipod video player combo at 50% off... it was 24.xx. It sounded interesting, but my kids only have ipod nanos. They were completely resetting hair care and setting up sun care. So maybe there will be some good clearance on things by tomorrow.

It was a good Target day:)

Was at my ST 2 days ago and not much, but today they had tons of bottles of purex washer soap. 38 load for 2.44 clearance. They had some arm and hammer but they were 3xx. Great deal, I got 10 bottles. The cashier was in awe so I told her to hurry up because I took most of them.

And I coudn't help but get a bunh of the clearance mach3's thanks to a tip the other day.

Thanks to OP for passing info on.

For any of you that purchased the Smith & Hawken copper fire bowl, I put mine together and noticed that it did not come with the poker (that the box says is included). I emailed the company and was told that Target decided to pull that accessory after the packaging was printed. They are sending me one in the mail and they also told me that if I knew of anyone else that purchased the fire bowl that would like to get the poker, to send them an email. This is the address I wrote to: [email protected]

Thanks, will email them.:)

Just got back from Target and they had marked all the 300 & 400 count sheets, etc to 75% off. I was able to pick up king pillow cases for 2.98, twin set from my DS fro 7.xx and King fitted and flat sheets for 9.98 each. All the fire pits were gone. In electronics I saw a 7" dvd and ipod video player combo at 50% off... it was 24.xx. It sounded interesting, but my kids only have ipod nanos. They were completely resetting hair care and setting up sun care. So maybe there will be some good clearance on things by tomorrow.

It was a good Target day:)

Mine had the pillow cases 75% off too. I got the king ones for $2.48. I bought ALL they had in 4 different colors. Pillow cases seem to go quicker than sheets themselves.

I think I saw this fire pit and posted about it the other day. The sticker said orig. $79.xx and it was marked down to $19.xx. Did it have 2 legs and 2 wheels so you can move it around?

Tried to post the picture but couldn't get it to work. It's called the backyard firebowl.

http://www.target.com/Heatwave-Fireplace-28/dp/B000U6AWWU/sr=1-6/qid=1204228849/ref=sr_1_6/601-7800674-3371311?ie=UTF8&pricerange=&index=target&field-browse=1038576&rh=k%3Abackyard%20firebowl&page=2

YES that is it!!! Thanks it was driving me crazy. I looked on line and couldnt find it. It is pretty neat I think.. we shall see when I put it together!!!!

For any of you that purchased the Smith & Hawken copper fire bowl, I put mine together and noticed that it did not come with the poker (that the box says is included). I emailed the company and was told that Target decided to pull that accessory after the packaging was printed. They are sending me one in the mail and they also told me that if I knew of anyone else that purchased the fire bowl that would like to get the poker, to send them an email. This is the address I wrote to:

Thanks so much for that..I havnt opened mine up yet...But what is a poker? Can you copy & paste the letter you send and PM me with it?

Yeah, we use AE for all our family expenses. We have a points account, not the rebate one. But it pays for all our hotel stays for vacations since we can transfer the points to various hotels. I am able to use the Target Visa for business, so when I want a big item from Target, I just use the 10% off and the Target card. it sure is nice.

Did you know that the Disney Cruise line is now cruising on the Southern Cali Coast? I think out of San Diego although I am not for sure...Its to the Mexican Riviera (Cabo San Lucas, Mazatalan etc)...and I believe Amex was or is running some type of special with points for that cruise...

Just a heads up for the future...

Back to Target stuff....I found 3 clearance Wii games today....marked down to $3.26. One was a Tiger Woods game....Cant remember the other 2....I gave them to my nephew when I picked him up for school....He got a Wii for x-mas and his parents my brother & sis in law refuse to pay for those expensive games...lol...I was like why did you buy it then?

Thanks so much for that..I havnt opened mine up yet...But what is a poker? Can you copy & paste the letter you send and PM me with it?

It's the fire poker that is used to adjust the logs while the fire is burning.

I sent you a PM.

The email I sent wasn't anything elaborate. I just stated that I bought the fire bowl and the box said it came with a poker yet there wasn't one in the box. I asked them if there was any way that I could get it.

Ok - it is official - I am a complete clutz! I got the best deal today and blew it! I was scanning the store for more markdowns and came across on an endcap two of the global bazzar lamps that I had not seen before - two of the same one and our store was salvaged a week ago so I guess they were a return. They were marked 59.99 each so I did the math and knew that 75% off would be 14.99. So off I go to check out with my cart full of all the 75% off stuff I found in there today I wanted and waited till last to put the lamps up there to check out. Of course they ring up not on file so I tell her they were clearanced ot at 75% off so she says how does 12 sound? I said sounds great so she rings them up and I pay and start putting all the bags in my cart. Well i knocked one of the lamps off onto the floor! Smashed in a million pieces. I wanted to cry. One of the mark down team guys was there ( the one who asks me every day when he sees me if I am leaving anything for anyone else to purchase) he says lets go to Customer service and get you a refund on that. I was so upset I said maybe I can glue it back together! LOL, He said Sweetie, I heard it smash, there is no chance at all of that. He was really sweet an sympathetic and helpfull bt I just felt so horrible about breaking my good find. Oh well at least I got one lamp for the guest room.

Did you know that the Disney Cruise line is now cruising on the Southern Cali Coast? I think out of San Diego although I am not for sure...Its to the Mexican Riviera (Cabo San Lucas, Mazatalan etc)...and I believe Amex was or is running some type of special with points for that cruise...

Just a heads up for the future...

Back to Target stuff....I found 3 clearance Wii games today....marked down to $3.26. One was a Tiger Woods game....Cant remember the other 2....I gave them to my nephew when I picked him up for school....He got a Wii for x-mas and his parents my brother & sis in law refuse to pay for those expensive games...lol...I was like why did you buy it then?

WOW!! That is a good deal for Wii games! I just wish you knew which ones. I guess I will have to make a trip to Target.

No, no. I get the 10% cards regularly. I don't get the other coupons that she mentioned. Like $5 off an XX purchase, etc.

Me either.:mad:

I got the $10 off GB but that is the only one that I have ever gotten. And I spend ALOT of money on that card. DH uses it for business too.

Good Target day :) First Target (DE) found a Kurve vaccum for $12.xx!!! (it was on the shelf with the $49.99 ones...but it was light brown and not dark brown...i've been watching it for weeks). Also found a sled!!! I was soooo excited since my DD and I have been looking for the past week with no luck at all :no: It was only 50% off (so $5 in the end), but I didn't care!!!

2nd Target: JACKPOT. Firepit for $17.xx! Also some car febreze for $1.74 and the window sealers for $4.98...and a welcome mat for $.74!!! 2 girls belts for $1.24, a hello kitty pocketbook for $3.xx, princess locket for $1.24, nail stickers (princess) $.74. Movie for $6.50. We did not get 2 bags that had gone salvage....they wouldn't let us have them :( *sniffle* All of a sudden they won't sell us salvage stuff...anyone else running into this?

Went to Target and decided to scan the spongebob mix max players that had clearence stickers on them. Got very excited when they scaned item not found. Spent a few minutes deciding a good price to tell cashier but when they were scanned by the cashier came up 55$. Why is that??? Why would it be not found in scanner but have a price at the register,anyone have this before????? Was very let down.

Guest quigonatr
Here in (cold) Florida I can say that the markdowns are slim pickens. It is sooo disappointing! Wish I had more target news to write! Also I need a cruise deal for week of April 5th leaving from FL any suggestions!

Went to Target and decided to scan the spongebob mix max players that had clearence stickers on them. Got very excited when they scaned item not found. Spent a few minutes deciding a good price to tell cashier but when they were scanned by the cashier came up 55$. Why is that??? Why would it be not found in scanner but have a price at the register,anyone have this before????? Was very let down.

Ours were marked and I did go ahead and buy it, not sure if I am keeping it for $55, if it goes down to what like $27, than its a gotta have! They had about 10, just got to remember to go in on the electronics markdown day. They also had just a mp3 player (not a media one for $27.xx).

If it had two upc stickers on it, you may have scanned the wrong upc....I've done that before....

YES that is it!!! Thanks it was driving me crazy. I looked on line and couldnt find it. It is pretty neat I think.. we shall see when I put it together!!!!

Yes, I had a hard time choosing between that one and the copper bowl one for my mom. The one you bought will hold a bigger fire until that grate burns through. Not sure how long that would last. I went ahead and got her the copper bowl b/c she knew what it looked like.

For any of you that purchased the Smith & Hawken copper fire bowl, I put mine together and noticed that it did not come with the poker (that the box says is included). I emailed the company and was told that Target decided to pull that accessory after the packaging was printed. They are sending me one in the mail and they also told me that if I knew of anyone else that purchased the fire bowl that would like to get the poker, to send them an email. This is the address I wrote to: [email protected]

I bought this but it doesn't say anything about a poker on the box. It says screen and cover included. Maybe this is the newer packaging?

I hid some GB candles in with the reg. candles a couple of weeks ago and I just remembered today so I went by and they were still there:D , got'em for $3.25 (reg. $12.99) Do any of you hide things? I feel so guilty when I do it, but not so when I pay for it later :blush::D

Did you check the razor aisle? 2 of my targets don't even have them on the endcaps anymore but there are tons hanging up with the rest of the razors.

I did at the second Target - they were out, but the clearance tags were still hanging there. I didn't think to at the first store. Maybe I'll try again tomarrow.

because they have multiple UPC codes on them. Not sure why, but it is the case. It seems to happen most often with electronics, but the cashier must have hit the right UPC and when you scanned it you hit the wrong one.

Saw SEVERAL sets of these sheets at the Pasadena Lake store this morning. Twin & Full. 75% off.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51C2VWMSNDL._SS260_.jpg

I bought these for my DD bedroom in the twin. Put them with a black and white comforter set. Really cute! Did anyone notice the fauex fur throws marked down to $12.98. Picked up one of those also. Now is the time to buy bedding and such!:)

I picked up a firepit for 17xx, and a square tabletop fire bowl for 5xx. I also picked up two small round tabletop firebowls for 1xx, I have no idea why the round ones were still there-they must have just put them out. I got xbox Grand theft san andreas for 9xx. Also picked up another 68" grill cover for 6xx, I was going to take the one I bought last month back but I am sure that my DH will set one on fire, so I'll need a spare.:tongue1:

I am taking the dirt devil broom back, it it HORRIBLE!!! Too heavy and doesn't pick up much. I had bought a little shark stick vac for 9.99 during BF and it works SO much better than the DD.

In two weeks I am going to be traveling for work. This will last about 8 months or so, and I always hit a target or two in every city I go to. I have shipped stuff home before much to the chagrin of my DH.I will keep you guys posted on what I find!

For the person looking for the Xyron Machine - did you check and see if you could get it at Michael's or AC Moore or even Joann with one of their 40% coupons? I know some of the stores have put some rules on the coupons but I'm not sure if they have limited the Xyron adhesive stuff. You can check it out though. ACM coupons are online.