Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

finally found me a sharp microwave for $22.48. finally a deal

I found it... woohoo :yay: The second Target I went to had one left on an endcap... put it in my cart and silently said all the way to the scanner "please...please... please..." :)

we need a new microwave!! Do you have the DCPI or model number?? I was planning on hitting Target tomorrow anyway. Was it on an endcap or with the other ones...

Massillon, OHio Target has 2 $22 microwaves on an endcap. Marked with a red sticker. Don't have a DCPI number though

Massillon, OHio Target has 2 $22 microwaves on an endcap. Marked with a red sticker. Don't have a DCPI number though

Thanks elena.... found one here in Grove City... Massillon's a little too far for me to drive per DH ;)

I found a Kurv!!!!!!!!! I was dancing in the isle :tongue1: Thanks so much to someone else posting they found one a couple days ago that was a slightly different color then the others! This was with the new ones, unmarked, looked just a little lighter color, but scanned for 12.xx :eyepoppin

Flameless candles for 4.xx (75%)

Snow scrapers 75% off

De-icer 75%

Remote Starts 75%

Women's bras and panties 75%

Sleds 75%

A couple different grills for 75% (5.xx and 16.xx)

That was me :yup: HTH :D

had an ok day at my Target today, but it could have been better.

Jericho pc game for $7.48 was $29.99

Crayola colorwonder large set $8.48 was $16.99

10 ct rose art washable thin markers $.57 was $2.xx ( got 6 packs)

Head n shoulders $3.72 was $7.49

All the Burts Bees chapstick sets are only 25% off and the have been that way for a long time.:mad:Still have never found the 10 mm juice, but always looking when I go. No Kurve, no pans, only 1 Wii game on clearance, Tony Hawk. Already have that one. I hope tuesday will be a better trip.:rolleyes:

Haven't seen this one mentioned -

credit card size, digital photo album 070 03 0161 is 75% off near me - $7.48

Nice for the grandparents!

Be careful with those, I got one for christmas and wouldn't work at all so we exchanged it for another one and that one wouldn't work either, on any of my computers, I even went online with their support and had no luck. Maybe it was a bad batch or something, just wanted to let you know.

Got to Target this morning and was able to get some nice body lotions for 1.48 each, Shania Twain Starlight perfume for 7.48(was 29.99), Adidas cologne that comes with a free Adidas cap for 5.78(was 22.99), No. 7 nail polishes for 1.12 each, Dove 24oz conditioner for 2.48, Egyptian Cotton 400count fitted King sheets for 11.xx each, Burts bees exfoliating soaps for 1.24 each, and I hid two of the Nickolodeon mp3 player thingy that are 89.99 each regularly I THINK and right now their down to 55.xx. I'm hoping the ones I left on the rack still will get marked down in the next week or two and then I can go get the two I hid. My spot is a pretty good one. I hid a disney cars mcqueen rug in that spot for about 3 weeks and when I went back..it was still there! So I'm gonna keep using it until someone finds it. LOL

On those Nickolodeon mp3's...can you upload music to them from the computer too? I saw they are 1G and says they hold up to 500 songs compared to the disney mix clip ones. They had a lot of the disney ones too that were still marked 69.xx...but thought the nickolodeon ones might be better. Anyone have the nickolodeon ones?

Ok this has to be the worst day ever at target.My SIL went today to grocery shop and as always used exlired and non expired target coupons well when she was checking out today her coupons wouldnt work.They came up invalid.She was floored.This has never happened before.Well the manager came over and told her that after a meeting it was ruled that target will no longer be accepting expired coupons.They must of changed the registers to not except them.Anyone else having this problem???I will be so heart broken.Im not sure if the cashier was pulling my chain or what but the coupon did say expired when scanned.:shock::confused::(

Was so happy to find a really nice comforter set its white & black for $25 the other day. Thats about it on deal findings though :(

The portable dvd players were down to only 2 on the day they went to 50% I am still glad I got my 7 inch digital photo frame for 50% off though~

Ok this has to be the worst day ever at target.My SIL went today to grocery shop and as always used exlired and non expired target coupons well when she was checking out today her coupons wouldnt work.They came up invalid.She was floored.This has never happened before.Well the manager came over and told her that after a meeting it was ruled that target will no longer be accepting expired coupons.They must of changed the registers to not except them.Anyone else having this problem???I will be so heart broken.Im not sure if the cashier was pulling my chain or what but the coupon did say expired when scanned.:shock::confused::(

My two area Targets stopped taking expired coupons last summer. Per corporate (manager told me).

Ya, our stores around here never flinched with coupons, ever. A few months ago, one of the Super Targets started asking before they even started ringing stuff if I had any coupons. Then, some cashiers would scan each coupon as they ring that item. It was very weird (time consuming for the cashier I mean).

Now, just the other day, that same store beeped a couple of my expireds and it came up "Coupon is expired". Weird thing is though that they took many other of my expireds without that message flashing on the register. It just happened on a couple of them. I don't know what is up. I've always heard others on here talk about some stores really being stinkers about coupons, and have always felt very lucky that the stores around here have never denied my coupons even if they are expired. I am never one of those shoppers that comes to the register with 40 coupons. I have always just had a modest amount as to not upset the cashier. I haven't tried using the kraft cheese coupon (the one that beeped) at any other store, so I might-- just to make sure it's not just one store cracking down.

It may be a turn in their policy perhaps??! :confused:

Ya, our stores around here never flinched with coupons, ever. A few months ago, one of the Super Targets started asking before they even started ringing stuff if I had any coupons. Then, some cashiers would scan each coupon as they ring that item. It was very weird (time consuming for the cashier I mean).

Now, just the other day, that same store beeped a couple of my expireds and it came up "Coupon is expired". Weird thing is though that they took many other of my expireds without that message flashing on the register. It just happened on a couple of them. I don't know what is up. I've always heard others on here talk about some stores really being stinkers about coupons, and have always felt very lucky that the stores around here have never denied my coupons even if they are expired. I am never one of those shoppers that comes to the register with 40 coupons. I have always just had a modest amount as to not upset the cashier. I haven't tried using the kraft cheese coupon (the one that beeped) at any other store, so I might-- just to make sure it's not just one store cracking down.

It may be a turn in their policy perhaps??! :confused:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I've heard that there has been a register system update done at many (if not all) stores and the expired Target Q's from 2007 are coming up "coupon is expired" on the registers. It seems the 2006 expired Q's are still working, for now. Sad news for those that have gotten used to using expired Q's. :(

Oh no say it isnt so.(LOL).I do used expired coupons alot.I couldnt afford to shop as i do without them.Are you refering to the .75 off kraft coupon?I use that one all the time.I mean i guess i can see targets point.I wonder if it has to do with the loss of money(if there is any) or it just being time consuming for the cashiers.I'd like to know exactly which coupons ppl have tried to use but got turned down.Thxs

Oh no say it isnt so.(LOL).I do used expired coupons alot.I couldnt afford to shop as i do without them.Are you refering to the .75 off kraft coupon?I use that one all the time.I mean i guess i can see targets point.I wonder if it has to do with the loss of money(if there is any) or it just being time consuming for the cashiers.I'd like to know exactly which coupons ppl have tried to use but got turned down.Thxs

Here are a few of the expired Q's that have been tried at stores the last couple of days and are now showing "coupon expired" on the registers:

LUVS b1g1

$1 off Oscar Meyer

$1 off Motts apple juice

$1.50 off Bertoli

$0.75 Kraft Cheese

Unfortunately, the Kraft Cheese is one of those. :( You may want to try one at your store anyway, but I don't think I'd chance using more than that. The good news is that these 06 Q's still work:

.75 Fruit Gushers

1.00 Goldfish bag

1.00 Coke 2ltr

Edited by lynnb

I got some good buys today. I never get to post so here there are.

I got some vinyl placemats for $.37. I also got some fabric ones for $.99. I also scored some hand towels for $2.95 marked down from $9.00. The had all of their work out stuff marked down too.

The Luvs doesn't work any more!!!!! :eek: I was just going to use it!

I know, I know, that's the biggest disappointment of all!!! I guess you could try it at your store, but at least be prepared with some backup manufacturer Q's, just in case. It won't be as awkward when you say "oh, I handed you the wrong Q's by mistake"

Ya, I've always argued that if Target REALLY wanted to program its register system to decline expired coupons, they would certainly have the know how to do that. So I never worried about using expired coups. I mean there are waaayyyy more people shopping Target who DON'T use coupons than DO (in my opinion). But, Target's profits haven't been great lately (as most retailers!) and maybe there are some people who have really abused the coupon use. There is another forum that I only read occasionally (have never posted) and those people are REALLY into it. They make my now and then coupon use look amateurish.

So it is completely within Target's right as a corporation trying to make a profit to make that change whenever they want. It makes me sad though, but I can't blame them.

(Oh, and yes, I am referring to the kraft coupon (75 cents). I heard someone else also say that 07 coupons seemed to be the buggers, but that 06 coupons were okay. That would explain why some of my expireds came up okay.)

Here are a few of the expired Q's that have been tried at stores the last couple of days and are now showing "coupon expired" on the registers:

LUVS b1g1

$1 off Oscar Meyer

$1 off Motts apple juice

$1.50 off Bertoli

$0.75 Kraft Cheese

Unfortunately, the Kraft Cheese is one of those. :( You may want to try one at your store anyway, but I don't think I'd chance using more than that. The good news is that these 06 Q's still work:

.75 Fruit Gushers

1.00 Goldfish bag

1.00 Coke 2ltr

OH NO, not my apple juice!! Now, the apple juice coup I have is 7/22/06. Is that what you were trying to use? If it is, than that sort of eliminates that idea that 06 coupons are working.

OH NO, not my apple juice!! Now, the apple juice coup I have is 7/22/06. Is that what you were trying to use? If it is, than that sort of eliminates that idea that 06 coupons are working.

No the one that was tried expired 7/21/07 - so your 06 Q might work just fine.

LUVS b1g1

$1 off Oscar Meyer

$1 off Motts apple juice

$1.50 off Bertoli

$0.75 Kraft Cheese

.75 Fruit Gushers

1.00 Goldfish bag

1.00 Coke 2ltr

Ok thxs for the heads up.I use the above 3 so thats good.Gonna miss the oscar mayer one use to get bacon for $1.99 which is so cheap.Oh well all good things come to a end.

Got to Target this morning and was able to get some nice body lotions for 1.48 each, Shania Twain Starlight perfume for 7.48(was 29.99), Adidas cologne that comes with a free Adidas cap for 5.78(was 22.99), No. 7 nail polishes for 1.12 each, Dove 24oz conditioner for 2.48, Egyptian Cotton 400count fitted King sheets for 11.xx each, Burts bees exfoliating soaps for 1.24 each, and I hid two of the Nickolodeon mp3 player thingy that are 89.99 each regularly I THINK and right now their down to 55.xx. I'm hoping the ones I left on the rack still will get marked down in the next week or two and then I can go get the two I hid. My spot is a pretty good one. I hid a disney cars mcqueen rug in that spot for about 3 weeks and when I went back..it was still there! So I'm gonna keep using it until someone finds it. LOL

On those Nickolodeon mp3's...can you upload music to them from the computer too? I saw they are 1G and says they hold up to 500 songs compared to the disney mix clip ones. They had a lot of the disney ones too that were still marked 69.xx...but thought the nickolodeon ones might be better. Anyone have the nickolodeon ones?

Our target had the regular box of adidas for 5.74 but the one with the free hat was still 22.99...Didn't bother asking because DH didn't seem interested.