Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

I went to pick up the power snowshovel for my fil for next Christmas since it was marked down to $24.XX. I thought that was a great deal, and then I went to the register to pay. The box is really big so she had to use her gun to scan the barcode which is on the top of the box. When I got home I took out my receipt to write my total in the checkbook and realized the shovel never scanned. After looking at the box there are two barcodes on the top. She must have scanned the wrong one, because I heard it beep when she scanned it. I'm just glad I didn't realize it while in the store, because I would have felt so guilty about not paying for it. I definately would have told her. So all in all I got a $100 shovel for free.

I went to pick up the power snow shovel for my fil for next Christmas since it was marked down to $24.XX. I thought that was a great deal, and then I went to the register to pay. The box is really big so she had to use her gun to scan the barcode which is on the top of the box. When I got home I took out my receipt to write my total in the checkbook and realized the shovel never scanned. After looking at the box there are two barcodes on the top. She must have scanned the wrong one, because I heard it beep when she scanned it. I'm just glad I didn't realize it while in the store, because I would have felt so guilty about not paying for it. I definitely would have told her. So all in all I got a $100 shovel for free.

I love it and hate it when this happens it..... Love it because well free is always good but Hate it because some stores take it out of the cashiers pay.

I went to pick up the power snowshovel for my fil for next Christmas since it was marked down to $24.XX. I thought that was a great deal, and then I went to the register to pay. The box is really big so she had to use her gun to scan the barcode which is on the top of the box. When I got home I took out my receipt to write my total in the checkbook and realized the shovel never scanned. After looking at the box there are two barcodes on the top. She must have scanned the wrong one, because I heard it beep when she scanned it. I'm just glad I didn't realize it while in the store, because I would have felt so guilty about not paying for it. I definately would have told her. So all in all I got a $100 shovel for free.

I've had this happen to me and went back into the store, told them and paid for the item. I just can't sleep if i didnt.

I've had this happen to me and went back into the store, told them and paid for the item. I just can't sleep if i didnt.

I truly have thought about going back, because I do feel guilty. I went to this store while in the city visiting my mom today (I live in a suburb). This store is about 20-30 miles away, I think I would end up losing money after going back with the price of gas plus having to drag 3 little ones out. I just wish she would have rang it up right, so I wouldn't feel so guilty. :(

I truly have thought about going back, because I do feel guilty. I went to this store while in the city visiting my mom today (I live in a suburb). This store is about 20-30 miles away, I think I would end up losing money after going back with the price of gas plus having to drag 3 little ones out. I just wish she would have rang it up right, so I wouldn't feel so guilty. :(

i hear you...hmm...i guess i would say the next time you are there just go to customer service and tell them about it and see what they say (which will probebly be, forget about it)...or you could call the store and explain the situation and see what their response is. :yup: Will probebly ease your mind...and i think you'll probebly get it for free anyways, just feel better about the situation!

*I saw that i was double charged for something on my receipt the other day, which bugged me, but i doubt they'll believe me since i'm well out of the store...so i just have to eat the loss...*sigh*

I've been double charged as well at Target and then called. They say just bring in your receipt and we'll correct it. I didn't though because Target is a good 20+ miles away and with gas prices ^, I just told myself that I get such good deals all the time that I can actually afford to pay $3.xx for something since I save well over that. i just ate that one as well:(

I have gotten all the way home and realized that I wasn't charged for something that was wedged in a corner of my cart (a jar of baby food) or once, a baby blanket that was in between two trash cans I was buying and neither the cashier nor I thought to pull them apart and see what might be in there. In the case of the blanket, I went back to the store with it and just went through the line again and bought it again, never mentioning what happened. In the case of the jar of baby food, I just wrote it off because I knew in the past few months they had easily overcharged me/doubled charged me for something worth that much. My neighbor thought I was nuts for taking back the blanket but there's no way I could have dealt with the guilt over it. Plus I love my Target and don't want to hurt their business in any way... :)

BTW, regarding coupons, our cashiers do not seem to mind if you have a lot of coupons in the least. When I do my monthly big shopping trip I always use a ton of coupons, and try my best to stack them all facing the same way, but sometimes it looks like a crumpled pile and they don't seem to consider it a bother at all. It usually takes them no time to go through them all. Most of them show up under the item they are for on the receipt, but when they don't and they beep or whatever, the cashier just hits some button super quickly and they come off at the end. I never used expireds or ones for stuff I'm not buying, but in any case I don't think they even remotely look at them.. I guess I'm just really lucky with the staff at my store. I really have no complaints in that area at all.. In fact, in the past two weeks, the manager who lurks in the checkout area has twice opened up a new line just for me and then closed it again. (or maybe they just wanted me and my brood to get the heck outta there, lol) But they often do that so no one has to wait more than a minute or two before checking out. Did I mention I love Target?? :)

Opps!

Heres this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Esphera-3-D-Plastic-9-Puzzle-Reef-of-Miracles-540-NEW_W0QQitemZ270216208955QQihZ017QQcategoryZ19186QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

INF, cashier remembered me from the disney ones the other day and gave em for the same price!!!

AND this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/Esphera-3-D-Plastic-9-Puzzle-Josephine-Queen-540_W0QQitemZ270215128093QQihZ017QQcategoryZ19186QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It to INF, 3.49

I was so happy. That second one is really really pretty! My son is gonna be so thrilled!

St. Louis area targets don't take any expireds and haven't for a while..I once had one accidently in my coupon pile for PopTarts, even though I had printed one of the newer expiration date and the computer beeped "coupon invalid" as well..cashier said, "this one is no good" and gave me an awful look like I had done something wrong, so I just told her I must have given her the wrong one and handed her the right one with the 3/08 expiration date and boy did she scrutinize that coupon to death, as if after giving her the xpired one I had somehow printed a fake PopTArt Q..WTH!! I advised her that I had printed both of those from their website and Target must have done really well on those PopTarts w/Q so had extended coupon life, and had simply forgot to change the old ones when updating my binder

The Chesapeake Square Target had about 30 portable/space heaters for 75%. There was one oil filled heater that's on 4 wheels and the rest were small to medium ceramic heaters. I bought a Bionaire digital ceramic heater from $49.99 for $12.48!

The Chesapeake Square Target had about 30 portable/space heaters for 75%. There was one oil filled heater that's on 4 wheels and the rest were small to medium ceramic heaters. I bought a Bionaire digital ceramic heater from $49.99 for $12.48!

Our heaters are still only 30% off. Did you happen to notice if yours went straight from 30% to 75% or am I going to have to patiently wait it out?

Thanks for posting this my daughter loves puzzles so i hope i can find these for easter.

I was able to get 5 of the disney ones for 2.48 so i hope the target gods are still with me.

Opps!

Heres this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Esphera-3-D-Plastic-9-Puzzle-Reef-of-Miracles-540-NEW_W0QQitemZ270216208955QQihZ017QQcategoryZ19186QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

INF, cashier remembered me from the disney ones the other day and gave em for the same price!!!

AND this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/Esphera-3-D-Plastic-9-Puzzle-Josephine-Queen-540_W0QQitemZ270215128093QQihZ017QQcategoryZ19186QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It to INF, 3.49

I was so happy. That second one is really really pretty! My son is gonna be so thrilled!

Does anybody know why Christmas/Valentines would only be ringing up 50% off in March? My target has had about 5 pairs of cute socks on a clearance endcap since Christmas. They have a monkey with a santa hat and are obviously Christmas. I scan them every time I go there and they are always $2.98. Then a few weeks ago I found some valentines ones and they are ringing up the same way. I would think by now they would be ringing up NOF. Do you think if I take them to the cashier she will go to 90% or am I just gonna have to wait and see if they ever go down? Have any of you ever had this problem with an item?

Opps!

Heres this one:

AND this one

It to INF, 3.49

These are the ones that were actually clearanced with the Christmas stuff. So they probably found them in the back or were a return. I got those as part of regular clearance. They are pretty cool! Good find!

Our heaters are still only 30% off. Did you happen to notice if yours went straight from 30% to 75% or am I going to have to patiently wait it out?

I didn't notice. If I had to guess, I would say straight to 75%. There was a 30% sign behind the 75%. I only noticed because I knocked it off the shelf.

Here in AZ, I have seen the party favors at 50% off at quite a few target stores. Last Sunday was when I noticed they were 50% off.

Thanks! I checked last on Thursday and they were still 30%. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow instead of dragging the kids out today.

Thanks! I checked last on Thursday and they were still 30%. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow instead of dragging the kids out today.

I think in the North we are going to have to wait some more, they were still 30% off here in Ohio last night, fireplace stuff went to 50% off in one store I go to, the other one was still 30.

Does anybody know why Christmas/Valentines would only be ringing up 50% off in March? My target has had about 5 pairs of cute socks on a clearance endcap since Christmas. They have a monkey with a santa hat and are obviously Christmas. I scan them every time I go there and they are always $2.98. Then a few weeks ago I found some valentines ones and they are ringing up the same way. I would think by now they would be ringing up NOF. Do you think if I take them to the cashier she will go to 90% or am I just gonna have to wait and see if they ever go down? Have any of you ever had this problem with an item?

I'm surprised they are not full price, what usually happens is when they salvage their stuff to goodwill they mark it back up at full price so it's a bigger tax right off, if I were you I'd find a manager and see if they can mark it 75% or 90%. It never hurts to ask, all they can say is no.

Pretty good deals yesterday. Got a bunch of toss pillows/throws, sheets, dining chair covers, quilts at 75%. Got an Oster Food Steamer DPCI # 072-04-0276 for 7.xx regular 29.99. Saw an Oster Toaster/Convection countertop oven for 12.xx reg. 49.99 it was a display model and didn't have trays or anything else. I took it to the cashiers to see if they would give me the floor model discount and they wouldn't because they said that it was already 75% off :( . So I left it, I don't really need it. I found plate chargers for 3.xx, they are round with a golden beaded pattern, but only found 3 and I need 6. If anybody sees or has them would you let me know, I would pay S & H of course!

Pepsi 12 packs are 3/$9 this week in the add. The pepsi 12 pack $1 coupons from the Target site is gone.... Still valid... Where can I find the $1 off Pepsi 12 pack Target coupon so I can print a bunch? Thanks for any help

This is YMMV since Target ads are regional. For example, my Target ad has Dr Pepper products 3 for $11. Pepsi is not advertised anywhere in the ad.

This is YMMV since Target ads are regional. For example, my Target ad has Dr Pepper products 3 for $11. Pepsi is not advertised anywhere in the ad.

Odd. Yes, here they are 3/$9. Thanks for the poster who PM'd me. I printed out 25 of them! Yes, my husband loves his Mt. Dew. He works 6 days a week, 12 hour shifts. He brings 4 Mt. Dews a night. so I stock up! Who knows when I'll get them for that price. Off to Target pretty soon to stock up. It will be embarrassing, but all well. haha

Went and bought 15 mt. dew 12 packs w/ $1 off target coupon ($2 a 12 pack).

Found really nice black placemats for my kitchen table for only $1.24- regularly $5.99 each

Found Hello Kity lipgloss- pack of 4 each for .98 each

Nothing much else though, although I didn't have time to search everywhere. Had to run in and out as we were going away tonight at a certain time

Yay! The oxo stainless kitchen utensil sets went down to 75% off! They were originally $32.99 ringing up 8.24! I got both of the sets they had, one for me, and one for the gift closet. I also picked up some more sonia kashuk travel bags (they are 75% off now) and will return the ones I got for 50% off.

My husband and I were on our way to dinner and he can't take much of my targeteering. I can usually park him in front of the PS3 or XBox demo's in electronics. It buys me about 15-20 minutes. ;)