Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

How are you doing on your cars search? Did you join the new website?

Thanks for the info

Haven't found diddly for a while. I did join the new website but something on there keeps messing my computer's media center up. I think it has something to do with the sound they have on it. It causes some interference, so I don't visit it very often.

I overhead some employees talking on the radio system while at Target at Tustin Ranch this morning--all Christmas Clearance is going to salvage tomorrow. They found a pallet of gift boxes and have put those out, so if anyone in the area needs Gift boxes, get them while you can.

Toys still at 30%, vacums at 15%.....

The only Playmobil toys I saw were the little "add on" pieces (a person and an object) that goes with the larger sets.

Found a few 90% off Christmas items scattered around the store.

Most toys were 30% off but I did find the Fisher Price Easy Link Smart Keys [Thomas & Bob the Builder] for $2.98 was $5.99.

Also found Childrens Motrin Home & Away pack [4oz Berry + 1oz Grape] $3.24 was $6.49.

got 2 bags of hershey's kisses for .27 each and also 2 of the girls princess and hello kitty makeup sets for .59 each. Also found a 2 pack of clorox wipes that was not rining up - cashier gave them to me for .49. Not sure how good that is but I was happy about it so it was a deal for me!

Hi to tntsmomie and justinsmom!!!!!!!!!!! Nice to see other gottadealers in this area!!!!!!!!

Hey! You're in Smithfield! :) I lived in Surry for about 5-6 years...LOVE it out there!

Went to the Chesapeake Target today, everything still 30% off in the toy section.

But they do have more than the NN store.

15 and Frank Scott toys marked 30% but many were 50% off, just had to look. Also, lots of girls clothes marked down including sweat and tanks for $1.50. Found some misc. christmas items but otherwise its all cleared out and they are putting out the global bazaar stuff. Finally, check the shoe dept. lots of women's slip-ons for $7 and under and girls shoes for $3.24.

Okay... I have to rant...

I normally only go to the Target that is 15 minutes from where I live, but today I thought I would go to the one that is about 20 minutes from where I work on my lunch break to check out any toys they might have on clearance...

Their toy selection is okay, pretty much the same thing that the other has left. However, I did spot two Cranium Turbo games on a shelf. Took them to the scanner and they scanned at 2.49. Put those in my buggy and went to look for the Classic Pooh Christmas blanket, no luck... but I did find a really cute soft stroller bar toy on one endcap "as is" item. It is still on line for $14.99 but it was priced with the "as is" sticker at $1.98. Nothing wrong with it, so I put it in my buggy for a baby gift for my cousin that is due next summer. I got a few other items that I needed and headed to the register.

The cashier rang up the first Cranium game, and it came up "item not found" I told her that's really strange, I scanned it about 15 minutes ago and it came up 2.49, I wish I could have had a camera on her face... just to capture the look she gave me. She said that is obviously a mistake, these games sell for much more than that. I said that they normally did, but they had gone 90% off with the Christmas items. She asked me why on earth they would do that, they weren't Christmas games... I told her I didn't know, but they had as I had read about it on a forum, and had bought one at the Johnson City store a few days ago. She said that's the problem with the internet, one person cheats the system and they share the information. These games cost us more than $2.49, a honest person would realize that.... By this time I was ready to climb under the counter. I asked to speak to a manager... The manager was nicer about the issue, but I could tell she couldn't quite believe the price either... but she did do a over ride and gave them to me 90% off. The cashier yells over at the girl two registers over... "Have you ever heard of us marking games 90% off?" By this time the whole front of the store is watching. Next comes the stroller bar toy... she has a hard time getting it to scan and looks at the "as is" sticker and says "what's supposedly wrong with this, it's never been opened." I said I dont know... looks okay to me. She said weird, I thought these only went on something that was torn up or broken....She calls the manager back over to ask if the tag is supposed to be on something that obviously hasn't been opened. The manager assured her that it was okay, and I finally got the rest of my items rung up and got out of there... As I was walking away the cashier yelled at me and said "were there any more of those games back there?" I said "no," and she said "good, I wouldn't want to have to give anymore away."

I was already 15 minutes late as it was, so I didn't want to complain to the manager... but now I wonder should I? What do you think?

Okay... I have to rant...

I normally only go to the Target that is 15 minutes from where I live, but today I thought I would go to the one that is about 20 minutes from where I work on my lunch break to check out any toys they might have on clearance...

Their toy selection is okay, pretty much the same thing that the other has left. However, I did spot two Cranium Turbo games on a shelf. Took them to the scanner and they scanned at 2.49. Put those in my buggy and went to look for the Classic Pooh Christmas blanket, no luck... but I did find a really cute soft stroller bar toy on one endcap "as is" item. It is still on line for $14.99 but it was priced with the "as is" sticker at $1.98. Nothing wrong with it, so I put it in my buggy for a baby gift for my cousin that is due next summer. I got a few other items that I needed and headed to the register.

The cashier rang up the first Cranium game, and it came up "item not found" I told her that's really strange, I scanned it about 15 minutes ago and it came up 2.49, I wish I could have had a camera on her face... just to capture the look she gave me. She said that is obviously a mistake, these games sell for much more than that. I said that they normally did, but they had gone 90% off with the Christmas items. She asked me why on earth they would do that, they weren't Christmas games... I told her I didn't know, but they had as I had read about it on a forum, and had bought one at the Johnson City store a few days ago. She said that's the problem with the internet, one person cheats the system and they share the information. These games cost us more than $2.49, a honest person would realize that.... By this time I was ready to climb under the counter. I asked to speak to a manager... The manager was nicer about the issue, but I could tell she couldn't quite believe the price either... but she did do a over ride and gave them to me 90% off. The cashier yells over at the girl two registers over... "Have you ever heard of us marking games 90% off?" By this time the whole front of the store is watching. Next comes the stroller bar toy... she has a hard time getting it to scan and looks at the "as is" sticker and says "what's supposedly wrong with this, it's never been opened." I said I dont know... looks okay to me. She said weird, I thought these only went on something that was torn up or broken....She calls the manager back over to ask if the tag is supposed to be on something that obviously hasn't been opened. The manager assured her that it was okay, and I finally got the rest of my items rung up and got out of there... As I was walking away the cashier yelled at me and said "were there any more of those games back there?" I said "no," and she said "good, I wouldn't want to have to give anymore away."

I was already 15 minutes late as it was, so I didn't want to complain to the manager... but now I wonder should I? What do you think?

I would call the corporate office!

Definitley. She was giving them away. You should've corrected her and said Target was giving them away. Poor cashier must really be hurting on her salary because the money is coming out of her pocket. How in the heck are we cheating the system? Just because it's easier to share our information doesn't mean we are cheating anyone.

I still found a few worthwhile items for 90% off. Except, a Target employee was grabbing items off the shelve and putting them in her basket while I was shopping. I thought she was going to grab them out of my basket too. I thought they would have done that while NOT WORKING. But I guess no one is going to pass up a bargain. I got 3 packs of Bounty Holiday paper towel for .29 cents.

I agree, we are not cheating the system. Target is the one marking these things down, they obviously have a reason and why not share the good deals we get with others. Isn't the point of a clearance to CLEAR them out and get them off the shelves. What better way than to mark them 75% or even better 90%.

That's too bad you were treated that way.

I still found a few worthwhile items for 90% off. Except, a Target employee was grabbing items off the shelve and putting them in her basket while I was shopping. I thought she was going to grab them out of my basket too. I thought they would have done that while NOT WORKING. But I guess no one is going to pass up a bargain. I got 3 packs of Bounty Holiday paper towel for .29 cents.

wow great deal.were those paper towels in the clearance section?

I hate when the employees suffer for the company I mean they never lose! they are a big company. And I have to say that I got the cranium game for less than $2.49.. I got it for $1.99. And what she did yelling so people would look was awful. did you happen to notice her name? you can complain to coorporate

Darned right! 1.800.440.0680

I would call and emphasize just how humiliating it was for her to call out to you in that way. Make sure you have both receipts with you when you call. Give the woman the receipt information because they can look up the transactions and 1) see you weren't lying in the first place as they were on sale at the first store; and 2) they can look up who the employee was who was so rude and humiliated you. I would demand that they speak to the employee and do some re-training.

Definitley. She was giving them away. You should've corrected her and said Target was giving them away. Poor cashier must really be hurting on her salary because the money is coming out of her pocket. How in the heck are we cheating the system? Just because it's easier to share our information doesn't mean we are cheating anyone.

I agree, we are not cheating the system. Target is the one marking these things down, they obviously have a reason and why not share the good deals we get with others. Isn't the point of a clearance to CLEAR them out and get them off the shelves. What better way than to mark them 75% or even better 90%.

That's too bad you were treated that way.

Yep, me too. How embarrassing!!!

I hate when the employees suffer for the company I mean they never lose! they are a big company. And I have to say that I got the cranium game for less than $2.49.. I got it for $1.99. And what she did yelling so people would look was awful. did you happen to notice her name? you can complain to coorporate

Thanks everyone. I will call the corporate office and complain... it was embarrassing. Most of the employees at the other Target know me as a regular bargain shopper, but these employees definately made me feel like I was trying to pull something over on them. Her

name was Kathie, that's all I know. I couldn't get over her saying that we were cheating the system, just because we share information about markdowns. Unbelieveable.

Hey! You're in Smithfield! :) I lived in Surry for about 5-6 years...LOVE it out there!

Went to the Chesapeake Target today, everything still 30% off in the toy section.

But they do have more than the NN store.

The Target near Greenbriar Mall seems to go fast, the newer Target out past Great Bridge is a little better. I have not been to the NN one, but I do like the one off Miltary Hwy near the airport. The Great Bridge one (off Hillcrest) is the closest to me so that is where I usually go. I am in Moyock, NC but we do all our shopping in the Chesapeake, Va Beach area.

Darned right! 1.800.440.0680

I would call and emphasize just how humiliating it was for her to call out to you in that way. Make sure you have both receipts with you when you call. Give the woman the receipt information because they can look up the transactions and 1) see you weren't lying in the first place as they were on sale at the first store; and 2) they can look up who the employee was who was so rude and humiliated you. I would demand that they speak to the employee and do some re-training.

Wow. I will do that. Kathie is in major need of some re-training. :yup:

Thanks everyone. I will call the corporate office and complain... it was embarrassing. Most of the employees at the other Target know me as a regular bargain shopper, but these employees definately made me feel like I was trying to pull something over on them. Her

name was Kathie, that's all I know. I couldn't get over her saying that we were cheating the system, just because we share information about markdowns. Unbelieveable.

Ya, (for me personally) I really wouldn't mention this forum to employees as a way to secure something for a certain price. If they are questioning you in the first place, telling them that you saw it on an internet chat area will only make them roll their eyes even more. You might have better luck with the "I got it at the Target store down the street for this price,"... but even still, anyone who works there will most likely just tell you the standard "all Targets are priced differently" line (even though holiday clearance SHOULD really all be the same from store to store.)

The way that you were treated was horrible. I guess there are just some plain old unhappy people working even at our beloved Target!

I have come to 'expect' bad treatment when I'm getting a heck of deal! Pretty sad, I know, but they do treat you like you are stealing and somehow changed the price in their system (as with the pooh blankets I got for 1.49!). A few years ago I was trying to buy a pooh outfit that had been clearanced for a baby gift and they pretty much outright accused me of tag switching! Never appologized etc! I was in tears leaving the store as we had stopped briefly for a break on a trip and thank god have never gone back. A huge scene was made and I was extremely embarassed! I know that some crooks do that kind of thing, but all I did was pop in for 5 minutes to check the clearance and came close to getting arrested because someone put the wrong clearance tag on it! The offered to refund my money for the difference later but I didn't take the item so that wouldn't do any good! It's not a good feeling for honestly just shopping.......that cashier was soooo wrong!

Does anyone really think tomorrow they would mark them from 30% to 75%? I ask because we are currently being evacuated for flood waters around my house (i'm at work) and we have no power where my house is and so I won't be making it to work tomorrow but would def be willing to go Target stinky if they are going down! Luckily right now my house is not in the flooding but we have had our power cut off.

I was in Target this morning checking out the toys (still 30-50%)- and there was a woman that was buying toys for her school - I told her that she might wait until tomorrow (no guarantees) but that the toys may be marked down more - She was very happy about it, but a sales team nearby in toys were in an uproar ...ranting and raving and bad mouthing me! - saying the toys aren't marked down on Wednesday - they may not even be marked down again! I just told the woman that it was worth waiting one day IF she had a lot to buy. I have 3 children under age 5 - and this sale literally saved me last year!

How is it cheating the system when information of what has actually occurred is being shared. I think you should call corporate and complain. It seems as if this holiday season that Target didn't hire cream of the crop customer service oriented people.

Stopped at Target this morning on my way to work to get some electrosol tabs that were on sale for $2.66 to use my $2.25 coupons and was SURPRISED to find some Christmas things still left at 90%. (Lewisville, TX - lots of candy canes, cards and bows left)

I got a Glade candle with the glass candle holder - marked $4.26 - used a $3.00 coupon and looked at my receipt - the candle scanned even lower - $2.XX so they paid me to take the candle home :tongue1:shhhh, don't tell anyone, I don't want to be arrested for using a coupon on a sale item, LOL!!!

(wish I had grabbed a few more as they had a lot of candles left)

Got a pair of cute kitchen X-mas towels for .49;

Someone shopping while on the phone grabbed all 6 flannel sheet sets that were left - wonder how much she got those for - if I had only been 5 seconds sooner, darn...............

Bought 4 Snowflake looking round red and blue X-mas frames marked down to $1.48 :D

Saw a bunch of rubbermaid X-mas containers that were marked down but nowhere near 50% or 90% off - I think they were still 30% off - should of scanned one though - didn't think about that until now, silly me.

As I was walking away the cashier yelled at me and said "were there any more of those games back there?" I said "no," and she said "good, I wouldn't want to have to give anymore away."

Ooh... I would have been :mad::mad::mad: *hot! :mad::mad::mad: I would for sure talk to someone about that. People who don't know how to act really should find jobs where they don't have to deal with people. Really.

I have my receipt showing where I bought 8 of those Cranium games for $2.49 each. Let me know if you need it for proof.

What a mess!! Definitely call corporate.

I'm fortunate that my old high-school friend works at the one I shop at. I ALWAYS go to his line when I check out. :)

Ooh... I would have been :mad::mad::mad: *hot! :mad::mad::mad: I would for sure talk to someone about that. People who don't know how to act really should find jobs where they don't have to deal with people. Really.

Thanks again! Had to give you a update, right after I got the corp number my husband called. He works about 5 minutes from the Target I was at today. He wanted to know if I had been at that particular Target at lunch, I said I had... (frantically trying to figure out why he is having me followed... :sidesplit) He wanted to know if I had run into some trouble... (again, how the crap?!?) After I filled him in... he filled me in. One of his employees had been checking out at another register, and had of course taken note of this poor woman that the cashier was treating so badly... and recognized me from a picture my husband has on his desk of our family. She'd been in his office this afternoon and asked if he had talked to me... she wanted him to tell me (if it was me...) that she really felt bad for the way I had been treated. After he told me all that he asked for the information that was on the receipts, and said he would take care of the call... I almost feel sorry for the person he talked to ... he had that "calm" tone in his voice, you know - the one that always comes before the storm.... :eek: