Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

Major Score .....

Rainforest Portable Playyard for $1.24[ This was a mistake on the stores part but they sold me only 1. As I turned the curve they were marked $1.24 and 3 other styles and one double stroller was $1.74. I grabbed the associate working quickly because I knew right away this was a goof. I told her I wanted them. She got a manager who said only 1. I really wanted them all but I didn't put up too much fight because I know it was a mistake. Now if I would have seen one priced that way I would have just let it be but I saw 5 of them. I am extremely happy and it makes me want to have a baby even more so now. I came home and put it together before stowing it away to make sure it worked fine. I was not crazy about the pattern but once it is out of the box and together it is right cute.

Now on to my other finds. What a wonderful day at Target it was.

Coffee Mates creamer 4 @ 0.17

King Flannel Sheet Set 2 @ 1.99

Choxie Melts 2 @ 0.50

4pk Rubbermaid Containers 1 @ 0.24

Silicone Wreath and Snowman Baking Pan 2 @ 0.37

Pillsbury Cake Mix 3 @ 0.09

Crayola Mix 4 @ 0.29

10pk Insulated Disposable Cups w/lids 4 @ 0.24

Christmas Decorated Gift Box 1 @ 0.59

Sudoku Game 1 @ 1.00

Ghirardelli Assortments 1 @ 0.29

Craniun Pop 5 Game 2 @ 2.49

Newborn Twin Play Set 1 @ 14.98

Crayola Color Spray 1 @ 4.98

Crayola Pirates of Caribbean Cutter 1 @ 4.98 (will see how it works for scrapbooking)

Cambridge 15pc Salad Forks 1 @ 6.98 (not that great of deal for me but needed bad)

Gift Boxes 5 @ 0.19

Christams Wall Decals 3 @ 1.70.

Mini Bow 1 @ 0.06 (have no idea how I got this in my buggy and purchased it)

All my toys other than just a few are 30% off. Will they go from 30% to 75% and totally skip 50%. Today I went to 2 Targets and one had toys where the Christmas was and in the regular toy isles.

Also please let me know if anyone sees the large jewelry chest go cheaper than $34.98.

Which store(s) do you shop at? I also hit the NJ stores too. :)

Riverdale's closest to home (I live in West Milford) but I also go to East Hanover(on the way to work), Wayne, Middletown,NY

I went to the Clifton store once HECK NO!! too crowded!

What stores do you usually shop at?

I went to Target Sunday night and got a great deal on girls' pajamas. They are the Circo brand, and were on a rack that said 30% off. They were a set of 2 shirts and one pair of pants. They were marked $9.08, but they had some Christmas pictures on them. One set was white and red with snowmen, and the other was blue and green with frogs. I also found some Nick and Nora pajamas marked at $14.99. These were blue with gingerbread men and candy canes. In the same section, mixed in with regular socks were Nick and Nora socks with little pom-pom type snowmen on them. These rang up at $0.39, which was 90% off of $3.99.

So, I took all of it to the cashier and said that the pajamas were Christmas, so shouldn't they be 90% off. He was a bit confused, but then said, "If they are Christmas, I can give them to you for 90% off." So, he took 90% off the clearanc price, making them $0.91 for the Circo ones, and $1.49 for the Nick and Nora ones! I was very excited! I almost went back and bought more, but I didn't have anyone to give them to.

I have not had any luck at all this year with the cashiers marking down anything. They all say that if it doesn't scan it isn't christmas clearance. I got a very few things at 75% but nothing that didn't scan @ 90%. (Including those PJ's, which have been at about every TG I've been at, and the cashiers all say no) Anyone else finding this new (bad) trend? Michigan here.

Okay... I have to rant...

I normally only go to the Target that is 15 minutes from where I live, but today I thought I would go to the one that is about 20 minutes from where I work on my lunch break to check out any toys they might have on clearance...

Their toy selection is okay, pretty much the same thing that the other has left. However, I did spot two Cranium Turbo games on a shelf. Took them to the scanner and they scanned at 2.49. Put those in my buggy and went to look for the Classic Pooh Christmas blanket, no luck... but I did find a really cute soft stroller bar toy on one endcap "as is" item. It is still on line for $14.99 but it was priced with the "as is" sticker at $1.98. Nothing wrong with it, so I put it in my buggy for a baby gift for my cousin that is due next summer. I got a few other items that I needed and headed to the register.

The cashier rang up the first Cranium game, and it came up "item not found" I told her that's really strange, I scanned it about 15 minutes ago and it came up 2.49, I wish I could have had a camera on her face... just to capture the look she gave me. She said that is obviously a mistake, these games sell for much more than that. I said that they normally did, but they had gone 90% off with the Christmas items. She asked me why on earth they would do that, they weren't Christmas games... I told her I didn't know, but they had as I had read about it on a forum, and had bought one at the Johnson City store a few days ago. She said that's the problem with the internet, one person cheats the system and they share the information. These games cost us more than $2.49, a honest person would realize that.... By this time I was ready to climb under the counter. I asked to speak to a manager... The manager was nicer about the issue, but I could tell she couldn't quite believe the price either... but she did do a over ride and gave them to me 90% off. The cashier yells over at the girl two registers over... "Have you ever heard of us marking games 90% off?" By this time the whole front of the store is watching. Next comes the stroller bar toy... she has a hard time getting it to scan and looks at the "as is" sticker and says "what's supposedly wrong with this, it's never been opened." I said I dont know... looks okay to me. She said weird, I thought these only went on something that was torn up or broken....She calls the manager back over to ask if the tag is supposed to be on something that obviously hasn't been opened. The manager assured her that it was okay, and I finally got the rest of my items rung up and got out of there... As I was walking away the cashier yelled at me and said "were there any more of those games back there?" I said "no," and she said "good, I wouldn't want to have to give anymore away."

I was already 15 minutes late as it was, so I didn't want to complain to the manager... but now I wonder should I? What do you think?

This is exactly what happened to me the other day with the Wii games... corporate said there must be a malfunction on the scanners. They would check into it.

BS

I know... I wanted to do it myself. I had worked myself up pretty good... but he enjoys playing the "knight in shining armour" so I let him call. I suppose I'll have to come up with a good way to thank him :rolleyes:

We have to let them do that everyone once in awhile. Even though we all seemingly can hold our own ( I know I can ), it's good to play the damsel in distress every so often.

Glad he's going to call.

That is so sweet of him. My husband would want to know why in the heck I was at Target AGAIN?!?! LOL! I am sure your dh has a few suggestions on how you can thank him:sib: ( I always wanted to use that smilie).

:sidesplit:sidesplit:sidesplit:sidesplit:sidesplit:sidesplit

I was in our Target tonight and there was a girl zoning the clearance toys. She mentioned what a pain it was because there are so many but that they should be hitting 75% tomorrow so she won't have to deal with them anymore!!!! I will be there when they open! I was late last year (by two hours) and a lady bought just about every toy for eBay :mad: DS may be a little late to school :blush: Our store also had a ton of girl's and toddler's clothes at 75%, not many boys though.

Oh, I may be a little late for work in the morning. I think my kiddo and I are hitting Targets in the AM.

Well visited my local target today and was told that they have a new coupon policy that you can use a MAN coupon or a target issued one but not both together!! How can that be?? Anyone else hear this at their store?? Of course I emailed corporate for an update if this new policy my store is saying is true.

Riverdale's closest to home (I live in West Milford) but I also go to East Hanover(on the way to work), Wayne, Middletown,NY

I went to the Clifton store once HECK NO!! too crowded!

What stores do you usually shop at?

Hey Alexac!!! Howdy Neighbor. I am in Greenwood Lake, and work in Wayne, and boy was I happy about the Riverdale store opening up. Now I can make a secret run on the way to work. I also do the Monroe, NY store by Walmart, and go to the one on 46 in Fairfield. I've gotten some great deals at the Fairfield Target. I was planning on stopping at the one in Riverdale this morning on the way to work...

I have not had any luck at all this year with the cashiers marking down anything. They all say that if it doesn't scan it isn't christmas clearance. I got a very few things at 75% but nothing that didn't scan @ 90%. (Including those PJ's, which have been at about every TG I've been at, and the cashiers all say no) Anyone else finding this new (bad) trend? Michigan here.

Hi! I am Michigan too! SE portion. Where are you at?? I hit Canton, Livonia, Westland. I have not had much of a problem with the cashier but there has not been much I tried to get marked off for Chritsmas.

Major Score .....

Rainforest Portable Playyard for $1.24[ This was a mistake on the stores part but they sold me only 1. As I turned the curve they were marked $1.24 and 3 other styles and one double stroller was $1.74. I grabbed the associate working quickly because I knew right away this was a goof. I told her I wanted them. She got a manager who said only 1. I really wanted them all but I didn't put up too much fight because I know it was a mistake. Now if I would have seen one priced that way I would have just let it be but I saw 5 of them. I am extremely happy and it makes me want to have a baby even more so now. I came home and put it together before stowing it away to make sure it worked fine. I was not crazy about the pattern but once it is out of the box and together it is right cute.

:eyepoppinWOW!!! Congrats! A playyard is the only thing I'm still looking for! That's awesome!!!!:eyepoppin

Major Score .....

GREAT SCORE! :cheesy:

Went to the Target at Easton last night. Not too much left at 90%, just a few calendars and some bows. Lots of toys, kind of spread out, some in the back, some in the middle with the regular toy section. Was able to get 2 packs of the Solar lights for $9.98 each. Funny thing happened, I scanned a Zune wall charger, came up item not found, but scanned perfectly at the register???? Too bad, as it was $29.99 and I was hoping to get it cheaper. Oh well. Found a Roaster with the section tray - scanned at $39.99 - too much. Hardly any cosmetics, soap or perfume mark downs and what was there was still 30% off I think. I scanned lots of stuff throughout the store, hoping for some great deals, but nothing great. Tons of womens clothes are still at 30%, very little for less than that, so there should be some heavy duty mark downs soon in that department. I was dissapointed, but am trying not to spend so I guess it was ok. Friday is payday - YEA!!!

Heading out to check toys this morning at 8 EST. I will let you all know when I return.

I hope all the toys go today too. Just remember that toys are just part of the general markdown team's daily tasks and many times toys aren't marked down til mid morning. Although if they have a ton of them, I have found some markdown teams working early too (in years past anyway). Most of the time around here though, you are better off going at around 9 or 10 if you want to catch them in the aisle. I just didn't want people to think that the toy clearance is like the holiday clearance where you go in and viola! all the signs are changed and the toys are marked. (I s'pose that could happen if they start working before the store opens, but that has never happened to me.)

During this time of year, I have also encountered pricing teams that actually will shut down the aisle and not allow any shoppers in until they are finished. Us poor mommies just stand there waiting patiently. I have also encountered very friendly price teams that let you shop the aisle and will actually scan and change the stickers for you right there.

Good luck! I do think this is the week... maybe today, maybe tomorrow.

I hope all the toys go today too. Just remember that toys are just part of the general markdown team's daily tasks and many times toys aren't marked down til mid morning. Although if they have a ton of them, I have found some markdown teams working early too (in years past anyway). Most of the time around here though, you are better off going at around 9 or 10 if you want to catch them in the aisle. I just didn't want people to think that the toy clearance is like the holiday clearance where you go in and viola! all the signs are changed and the toys are marked. (I s'pose that could happen if they start working before the store opens, but that has never happened to me.)

During this time of year, I have also encountered pricing teams that actually will shut down the aisle and not allow any shoppers in until they are finished. Us poor mommies just stand there waiting patiently. I have also encountered very friendly price teams that let you shop the aisle and will actually scan and change the stickers for you right there.

Good luck! I do think this is the week... maybe today, maybe tomorrow.

Ugh! this summer, to my horror, the markdown team at my closest store started late in the afternoon. I went back because they told that was the plan. But they weren't able to finish!!! So they only marked about 1/3 of the toys, then they had to leave because it was the end of their shift!!! I got what I wanted that was marked and paid. I then went back in, loaded a cart with the items they hadn't yet marked that I wanted, pushed it to sporting goods and piled some sporting goods stuff on top to look like go-backs and left. When I got there first thing next morning, everything was marked and my cart was still there. :yup::cheesy:

Normally our toys (at least in the past) have started to be markdown at store opening. Today they were not. Checked two stores in the area. In summer I went at 830 and there was already two woman and about 5 carts loading up while they were marking down. So that is why I go early. I know all stores are different. We have also been a Thursday store for a while here when it comes to toy markdowns so I will check again tomorrow.

Ugh! this summer, to my horror, the markdown team at my closest store started late in the afternoon. I went back because they told that was the plan. But they weren't able to finish!!! So they only marked about 1/3 of the toys, then they had to leave because it was the end of their shift!!! I got what I wanted that was marked and paid. I then went back in, loaded a cart with the items they hadn't yet marked that I wanted, pushed it to sporting goods and piled some sporting goods stuff on top to look like go-backs and left. When I got there first thing next morning, everything was marked and my cart was still there. :yup::cheesy:

Good work! That is funny!

Normally our toys (at least in the past) have started to be markdown at store opening. Today they were not. Checked two stores in the area. In summer I went at 830 and there was already two woman and about 5 carts loading up while they were marking down. So that is why I go early. I know all stores are different. We have also been a Thursday store for a while here when it comes to toy markdowns so I will check again tomorrow.

where are you located? Just curious since we are all trying to figure this out, and I am sure there is someone else in your area who would LOVE to know. Seems like we are always meeting our neighbors on here!

Keeping my fingers crossed. For those in my area, I am not expecting our markdowns till tomorrow, but if anyone finds different, PLEASE post it! I'll be out trolling as soon as I get DS to school.

Major Score .....

That is so awesome. I'm gonna have to keep an eye on that stuff but don't think I'll get as lucky as you but there's always hope. My new (coming in end Jul/beg of Aug) baby wouldn't have just hand-me-downs!

where are you located? Just curious since we are all trying to figure this out, and I am sure there is someone else in your area who would LOVE to know. Seems like we are always meeting our neighbors on here!

Keeping my fingers crossed. For those in my area, I am not expecting our markdowns till tomorrow, but if anyone finds different, PLEASE post it! I'll be out trolling as soon as I get DS to school.

SE Michigan! Sorry thought I had put that in!