Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

our store's Christmas stuff was still at 75 Friday night...couldn't get there over the weekend, and now most of it is gone...'cept some stick on bows!

I did get a pair of pants for myself and for my daughter, a sweater, sweatpants and shirt, a turtleneck and a pair of pants...all for under $16.51!

Very patiently waiting for those Shutterfly box sets to go lower than 30%. Anyone seen them marked down to 1/2 yet?

If you're in KC and you happen to see them go lower, would you post please?! THANKS!!:)

I really thought they would go lower today cause they have been at 30% off for a long time, but no luck. UGH.

Very patiently waiting for those Shutterfly box sets to go lower than 30%. Anyone seen them marked down to 1/2 yet?

If you're in KC and you happen to see them go lower, would you post please?! THANKS!!:)

I really thought they would go lower today cause they have been at 30% off for a long time, but no luck. UGH.

I've been waiting for the shutterfly to go lower also. It seems like it's been 30% forever!

"I did not mean to switch tags! I have never pulled off a clearence tag ethier. Just a thought since it was scanning not found didn't mean to offend anyone!"

My mistake. I originally posted about 2 things - the Thomas Holiday Gift Set and the kiddie bath sets (scaned "item not found).

I thought that you were suggesting taking the tag off the Thomas set - which was ringing at $27.xx - and swearing that I found it in the 90% off section, demanding to get it for

$2.xx. I would feel like that was being intentionally deceptive and would not do that.

Now I realize that you were saying that I could take the tag from the "item not found" bath set, forcing them to look up the current price. This makes a lot more sense to me. Sorry if I created any bad feelings.

As for where I saw that removing tags (or exchanging tags) is shoplifing...

I haven't seen them for a while, and never specifically at Target, but I am talking about the signs often on the back of fitting room and bathroom doors. The ones that define what is shoplifing and saying that shoplifters will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Granted, they are probably talking about removing tags with the intent of passing something off as an item you brought into the store with you. Personally, I don't see the problem with making a cashier look up the current price, just with lying about what that price was.

"I did not mean to switch tags! I have never pulled off a clearence tag ethier. Just a thought since it was scanning not found didn't mean to offend anyone!"

My mistake. I originally posted about 2 things - the Thomas Holiday Gift Set and the kiddie bath sets (scaned "item not found).

I thought that you were suggesting taking the tag off the Thomas set - which was ringing at $27.xx - and swearing that I found it in the 90% off section, demanding to get it for

$2.xx. I would feel like that was being intentionally deceptive and would not do that.

Now I realize that you were saying that I could take the tag from the "item not found" bath set, forcing them to look up the current price. This makes a lot more sense to me. Sorry if I created any bad feelings.

As for where I saw that removing tags (or exchanging tags) is shoplifing...

I haven't seen them for a while, and never specifically at Target, but I am talking about the signs often on the back of fitting room and bathroom doors. The ones that define what is shoplifing and saying that shoplifters will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Granted, they are probably talking about removing tags with the intent of passing something off as an item you brought into the store with you. Personally, I don't see the problem with making a cashier look up the current price, just with lying about what that price was.

Yeah, those are about tag switching. that is definitely a crime.

I was UGLY this morning you guys. :sleazy:

I went to my Target this morning to hide some of the Barbie Girls accessory packs that are only 30% but I know will be going lower. I was there when they opened because I have to be at work at 9:00 and I work 40 minutes away. :gdcar: Well about 5 minutes before 8:00 this woman walked up to the door and saw an employee standing just inside the door with Christmas tree in a shopping cart. She made the comment that she hoped that he wasn't buying that because that's what she was there for, a Christmas tree.

I was nice and kind of giggled and said "good luck. they sold out of trees on Saturday morning at 8:05." So she gets really snotty and says, "well I was here last night and they had one, so that's why I am here this morning to get it." Well, if it was here last night, you should have bought it last night because it probably won't be here now. So at this point she is being absolutely hateful and ask if that is what I am there for. I told her yes. It wasn't but she was being so nasty about it.:2stickpok

So when we get in, I spoke to the manager (yes we are on a first name basis) got a cart and headed for the back. Well, this woman didn't even get a cart. She just bee-lined for Christmas.:gdrunner: Her daughter dropped her shoe probably 5 feet inside the door. I called her probably 4 or 5 times and said, "ma'am, your daughter dropped her shoe." "excuse me, you dropped your daughter's shoe." and she was SOOOO worried about getting a tree that she wouldn't even listen to me. Well she beat me to Christmas by 45 seconds or so and there was a tree. A white glacial pine pre-lit 7.5 foot....SCORE!!! :clapping: but she didn't have a buggy and no way to do anything with it. :sidesplitAs she walked past me to get a cart, she said "That's mine." :gdcensored:so I did what any red-blooded Mississippi girl would do.... I picked it up and put it in my cart and went to toys. :gdfight::2wiggle:

The thing is, honestly, I wasn't there for a tree, didn't need another tree, didn't want another tree, have no use for another tree and the only reason that I bought it was to keep her from getting it. Sometimes, it pays to just be nice, you know. If she hadn't been so dog gone ugly, I might have given her one of the 6 I bought on Saturday.

Oh and I forgot the part about breaking my finger in the process. When I put the tree in the cart, I got my finger caught between the tree and the cart and broke my finger. The price you pay for being ugly I guess.

That has got to be the funniest story ever!!! lol

My Target had about 4 or 5 of the Thomas Christmas sets, but they were orange stickered should I try for 90% off anyways?? Or will they not give it to you if it has a orange sticker?

my cashier told me saturday that they had a meeting about not changing red tag prices; however, she then proceded to change the tag on the littlest pet shop advent calendars for me.

oh, and thanks guys. i was able to snag 6 barbies, 6 barbie ornaments, and 3 thomas's for my neices and nephews at 90%. woulnd't have even noticed they were christmas if it wasn't for you guys!

I'm back from my mini tour of Targets in Tucson. I hit the stores at Old Spanish Trail/Harrison, Tanque Verde/Grant and Broadway/Craycroft.

Christmas is pretty much non-existent in all of them. Although I did manage to score 8 of the Cranium Pop 5 games at the Broadway Store and some 15 foot outdoor extension cords. These will be great considering my house may end up looking like National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation given all of the decorations I bought this year!

I also saw 8 of the Cranium games at the TV/Grant store but decided I didn't need 16 of them. If anyone is interested, they are in the toy clearance area mixed in with some AZ Cardinals type sporting goods type items. And yes, they scanned $2.49 ( I checked while I was there).

Both OST/Harrison and TV/Grant had TONS of toys. I noticed some for 50% off but mostly still at 30% off. I asked the sales clerk at the OST/Harrison store when they might be going and got the usual we don't know it's whenever it drops into our system. Oh, the OST/Harrison store had oodles of the Thomas the Train Holiday Sets but they were mixed in with the toy items and were still almost $30.

They have already reset all of the toy sections in those 3 stores so it would have to be soon. I would imagine they are going to start preparing for inventory and there is no way they are going to want all of that in their store when inventory rolls around.

I also got 6 more of the Christmas Barbies that ended up being $0.49 each. There were 12 but I was feeling generous and didn't arm wrestle for all of them. I felt cheerful after scoring 8 of the Cranium games for 90% off. lol A lady had gotten two down. Then another younger lady with a baby came by, picked up 2 of them and then came back for more when she realized how much they were. I offered her 4 of the 10 I had in my shopping cart.

And one last thing, the VTech VSmile sets are now $24.98 (woohoo, half price!) at the OST/Harrison. Yes, I FINALLY got it and only paid half price!!!

I also had a leftover raincheck from a BF item that never came in. I bought a Smartridge with it. At first they didn't want to do it because it didn't say a subsitute was allowed but I pushed the issue. I said, it's not my fault you never got the item back in and I lost out (little did they know about Amazon...haha). Anyway, I said the least you can do is discount this cartridge since it's also a learning toy. I got a Smartridge normally for $19.98 for $10.00 Yeah!!! The cashier and the first girl that came over both said no and I pushed the issue. I know there are many new clerks at the different stores and don't know all of the ins and outs. I feel it's my job to help educate them. :)

I didn't find my roaster. :( I think it's just not meant that I get one. I also didn't find any gonga deal vacuums.

I hope these finds help someone. If you need more information, please feel free to ask. If I know, I'm happy to answer.

Has anyone seen those solar lights go lower than 50%? They're only $19.98 now but I'm gambling on them going down to $9.98. Of course, I gambled last year too and lost :(.

I kind of have a rule of thumb and if it's something I absolutely love, I'll go ahead and buy it at 30% off. If it's something that I find at 50% off and just feel like I'll die if I don't get it, I won't wait until 75% off. I've been burned too many times. Now if I get stuff for 75% or better, I've hit the motherload! :cheesy:

I'm back from my mini tour of Targets in Tucson. I hit the stores at Old Spanish Trail/Harrison, Tanque Verde/Grant and Broadway/Craycroft.

Christmas is pretty much non-existent in all of them. Although I did manage to score 8 of the Cranium Pop 5 games at the Broadway Store and some 15 foot outdoor extension cords. These will be great considering my house may end up looking like National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation given all of the decorations I bought this year!

I also saw 8 of the Cranium games at the TV/Grant store but decided I didn't need 16 of them. If anyone is interested, they are in the toy clearance area mixed in with some AZ Cardinals type sporting goods type items. And yes, they scanned $2.49 ( I checked while I was there).

Both OST/Harrison and TV/Grant had TONS of toys. I noticed some for 50% off but mostly still at 30% off. I asked the sales clerk at the OST/Harrison store when they might be going and got the usual we don't know it's whenever it drops into our system. Oh, the OST/Harrison store had oodles of the Thomas the Train Holiday Sets but they were mixed in with the toy items and were still almost $30.

They have already reset all of the toy sections in those 3 stores so it would have to be soon. I would imagine they are going to start preparing for inventory and there is no way they are going to want all of that in their store when inventory rolls around.

I also got 6 more of the Christmas Barbies that ended up being $0.49 each. There were 12 but I was feeling generous and didn't arm wrestle for all of them. I felt cheerful after scoring 8 of the Cranium games for 90% off. lol A lady had gotten two down. Then another younger lady with a baby came by, picked up 2 of them and then came back for more when she realized how much they were. I offered her 4 of the 10 I had in my shopping cart.

And one last thing, the VTech VSmile sets are now $24.98 (woohoo, half price!) at the OST/Harrison. Yes, I FINALLY got it and only paid half price!!!

I also had a leftover raincheck from a BF item that never came in. I bought a Smartridge with it. At first they didn't want to do it because it didn't say a subsitute was allowed but I pushed the issue. I said, it's not my fault you never got the item back in and I lost out (little did they know about Amazon...haha). Anyway, I said the least you can do is discount this cartridge since it's also a learning toy. I got a Smartridge normally for $19.98 for $10.00 Yeah!!! The cashier and the first girl that came over both said no and I pushed the issue. I know there are many new clerks at the different stores and don't know all of the ins and outs. I feel it's my job to help educate them. :)

I didn't find my roaster. :( I think it's just not meant that I get one. I also didn't find any gonga deal vacuums.

I hope these finds help someone. If you need more information, please feel free to ask. If I know, I'm happy to answer.

Where were the barbies? I never saw them even at 75% off!

I don't think there is any state in which that would be considered shoplifting. I could be wrong, but I agree that it simply forces them to give an accurate price for the item. Price-switching, however, is considered actual shoplifting as I understand it. As you are essentially stealing the difference.

I have to disagree with you on this issue. In many municipalities the removal of a price tag is considered a form of shoplifting and you can be arrested and banned from the store. It usually falls under the "Intent to Defraud" codes. I was in retail management for many years before changing careers and I can tell you that I personally had several customers detained and arrested when I witnessed them removing price tags. It's not worth it fellow GDers; if you think it should be sold for less than what it's marked then get a manager to give you a better price. Don't take a chance by peeling off a price tag and being stopped by security or management.

I have to disagree with you on this issue. In many municipalities the removal of a price tag is considered a form of shoplifting and you can be arrested and banned from the store. It usually falls under the "Intent to Defraud" codes. I was in retail management for many years before changing careers and I can tell you that I personally had several customers detained and arrested when I witnessed them removing price tags. It's not worth it fellow GDers; if you think it should be sold for less than what it's marked then get a manager to give you a better price. Don't take a chance by peeling off a price tag and being stopped by security or management.

Certainly possible, but I have never seen any such code. Where was this? I'd be interested in reading the code.

Here is a site that lists it as a New Jersey Law on shoplifting:

http://crimeprevention.rutgers.edu/crime/shoplifting/njlaws.htm

http://www.onlinelawyersource.com/criminal_law/shoplifting/laws.html

Certainly possible, but I have never seen any such code. Where was this? I'd be interested in reading the code.

It always is up to the store but it just isn't worth it. Do you want to take the chance to get a record because you do something questionable and the store employee decides to make an example of you?

What a waste of time. I found a pair of sweat pants for DD and a box of Planters nuts. I could not find anything listed in the last few pages of this thread.

They did have about ten wreaths left and about ten boxes of candy canes. Otherwise the clearance through out the whole store was very limited. Ahh.. can't wait until the endcaps are filled with red tagged items again.

It always is up to the store but it just isn't worth it. Do you want to take the chance to get a record because you do something questionable and the store employee decides to make an example of you?

Nope, there you go. Just never had seen any laws on it. Now we all know. Of course, the same basically goes for anyone who lies about the 90% off thing, too. It certainly would fall under underringing, though the cashier wouldn't be directly involved. Still it is clearly a case of the cashier changing a price improperly, so they could probably get fired for it at a minimum.

What a waste of time. I found a pair of sweat pants for DD and a box of Planters nuts. I could not find anything listed in the last few pages of this thread.

They did have about ten wreaths left and about ten boxes of candy canes. Otherwise the clearance through out the whole store was very limited. Ahh.. can't wait until the endcaps are filled with red tagged items again.

does that mean that they finally brought the price down on the nuts? There has been much complaining about that!

Where were the barbies? I never saw them even at 75% off!

When I bought them @ 75% off, they were with the other Barbies. This was at the store at TV/Grant. Today (same store), they were with the remaining Christmas clearance items. These were the ones in the red satiny tutu that has gold stars ( or snowflakes?) on it. I also saw the Barbies that are in plaid flannel jammies with a penguin (also mixed in with regular Barbie stuff). This was at the same Target last week when they were 75% off. I forgot to look today for anymore of those.

does that mean that they finally brought the price down on the nuts? There has been much complaining about that!

Not sure if it was the ones talked about? Probably. I don't have my receipt right here.. but they were half off ($3-something) for a three can pack. Not a great deal but I was craving honey roasted. :P

Not sure if it was the ones talked about? Probably. I don't have my receipt right here.. but they were half off ($3-something) for a three can pack. Not a great deal but I was craving honey roasted. :P

And when you are pregnant and have a craving there is no such thing as worrying about a deal....you'll pay whatever it takes to get the goods! lol

Has anyone seen those solar lights go lower than 50%? They're only $19.98 now but I'm gambling on them going down to $9.98. Of course, I gambled last year too and lost :(.

Dont bother they suck.It was the funniest thing.My husband and i both bought them for each other for christmas.You should of seen us opening them up on christmas morning cracking up.(BTW we just moved into a new house so we were trying to buy needed house items for each other but still trying to be personal).We did manage to buy different colors though.Anyways i put mine outside and they dont light nearly as much as i though they should.And if there is any i mean any sort of lights lite outside the solars dont work.The light from my living room window keeps them from working also.JMO.

I hope everyone buying these nuts used the $1.00 off planters target "Q" making them $2.38 for 3 cans of nuts.

Just wanted to give an update... I called corporate and told them what happened and they were embarrased that the manager didn't try to find out more. Apparently those games are only available online and when they are returned to the store they are suppose to be sent back to the online division but they can go on sale in the retail store if the manager decides... but it would be the same price as the online store. I told her that it just seemed funny that it scanned that way and then it was taken out of the system. She said they would look into it but there was nothing they could do except talk to the cashier and the manager about how they handled the situation.

as far as the christmas decorated wipes .... she said if they don't sell then they will go on sale but many stores aren't putting things like that on clearance this year to see if sales will improve.

At one point she wanted to argue with me that games don't go that low but I quoted off of receipts from a few months ago when I got some games that were on clearance for 3.74 and 5.98 and she said well it is not normal for them to go that low.

Went back to 2 Columbus, OH Target stores today. I was able to find more Kids heavy fleece PJ sets for $1.49. Also, Graceland target had a bunch of girls 2 pair PJ pant's sets for $1.49 each, grabbed 3 packs, different colors. (all PJ's not marked, but scanned 90% off!)

I was able to find the Baby Phat perfume set, originally $29.99, not marked, but scanned at 90% off as well. Found this in the cosmetics isle. The cashier nearly had a Heart attack when she scanned this!! She even said "are you serious??" she was really nice, and couldnt believe what a deal that was.

I was also able to find one of those ornament sets, 90% off. A chrismas CD at 90% off. I got some poppycock in christmas tins at 50% off and some planters chocolate covered nuts at 50%. I also found transformers and cars calendars at 90% off, these were located near the books.

Oh, I forgot to post yesterday. Came accross a rude Target employee. I almost wanted to report her. I was trying on shoes, I had that big roaster in my cart and like 4 shoe boxes, which kept wanting to fall off my cart. I was in the middle of trying on a pair, when my boxes fell off. I picked them up and set them next to my cart, so I could continue trying on shoes without worrying about them falling. She came over to me from the next dept over, and said "I know you are going to pick these up!" I said, "Well, I am in the middle of trying them on. Once I know which ones I am going to buy, the other ones will go on the shelf." Then she decided to say how sick she is of customers leaving the area messy." I think that she needs a new job.

Thank you for the Baby Phat tip !! I just ran back to Target to see what was left...lol not much. I didfind the Baby Phat Golden Goddess Gift set $29.99 scanned at $2.99. They had another Thomas set but they wouldn't budge on the price this time and I was at the same store where I got the other for $2.80. I did score more jammie sets earlier, a .$49 Barbie, and Enchanted Gift set $.59, bundles of faceclothes $.74 and more shoes...lol. The Baby Phat was a great deal though !!!!!