Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

Back a little bit ago from my second target today....lol but it was worth it! Scored a dirt devil easy clean bagless vac for $ 12.98.....75% off!!!! I was stoked!

Oh and a funny from my earlier Target trip....perusing down the back of the store by cleaning supplies...I see a rubbermaid squeegee on clearance...well I blurt out, "thats a nice squeegee" sounding much like donkey in shrek 1....well this lady coming down the aisle bursts out laughing and says " and it's on clearance too!"......we just roared...man doesnt take much to excite me these days! LOL

I called our Target in Athens GA today, and it is still 75% off. I was in there the other day just after it went to 75%, and they were taking things off the shelves in Christmas and piling it in shopping carts, and they had a lot left. But when they crammed it in carts with no rhyme or reason to it, you couldn't find anything. I'm going to keep calling and go back when it goes to 90%. Thanks for posting the pooh shoes- I'm going to look for those.

Went to Plainfield, IN target today still 75% off.

They were marking down tons of stuff!!!!!!!!!!!! All of the kitchen aisles have tons of clearance stuff!!!! They had small and large white bins for storing items for a shelf for .66 or .77 cents. These are really great and durable for the classroom. I couldn't beat the price and bought 12. They had quite a few.

On the end caps, there were a lot of kitcen utensils and pans.

I noticed that there were quite a few frames on clearance but still a bit pricy.

I checked scrapbooking items. I scanned different items to see what was clearanced since they weren't marked. Some of the xmas stuff came up .92 cents. Other stuff was reg. price at $3.99.

Packs of 2 and 3 peanuts -- the clearance sticker says something like 3.88 or 3.48. It has a winter picture on it and you can tell the box was prepared for the holiday season. I tried to get 75% off for it but the cashier was kind of a sticklier! He was like I can't really change that since it was in the food section.

Can't they change it?

Packs of 2 and 3 peanuts -- the clearance sticker says something like 3.88 or 3.48. It has a winter picture on it and you can tell the box was prepared for the holiday season. I tried to get 75% off for it but the cashier was kind of a sticklier! He was like I can't really change that since it was in the food section.

Can't they change it?

Yes, they can. I bought 2 of the huge canisters of Planters Deluxe Mixed Nuts and 2 canisters of Whole Cashews. They had a winter scene (snow & snowmen on them) on the can and the cashier gave them to me for 90% off since all the Christmas stuff was 90% off in that store. They ended up costing .69 cents per can.

Yes, they can. I bought 2 of the huge canisters of Planters Deluxe Mixed Nuts and 2 canisters of Whole Cashews. They had a winter scene (snow & snowmen on them) on the can and the cashier gave them to me for 90% off since all the Christmas stuff was 90% off in that store. They ended up costing .69 cents per can.

This cashier I had really had a bad day or really hated his job. He didn't smile once.

My store went 90% today! We scored:

games at 3 @ .99 and 3@ 1.99

3 barbies for .49 and one for .99

3 barbie nutcracker ornaments for .49 each

1 Kelly Christmas doll for .49

Snowman and Christmas tree pk of playdough for .19 each (bought LOTS of these app. 20)

My Little pony Christmas tree playset for 7 @.99

5 pkgs Christmas lights for .69, .89 & .99

1 tube of My little pony's .69 (had to ask for pa, rang up 6.99)

Christmas cards .59

1 silver mirrored angel .99

1 travel mug .49 (had to ask, penguins wearing santa caps...rang up 4.99)

1 pkg of Christmas tree balls .69

Bratz angels with 2 pets included, 5 @ .49

Gift wrap package with 4 rolls of paper, bags, bows, tissue, ribbon & tags for 1.49

That's all I can remember right now. DH is sleeping and I have stashed it in the closet.

Hit two stores in Louisiana! We were 30 min. late for a dr.s appt, but it was well worth it! Spent only $36 and had a great time doing it! I knew what to look for thanks to you guys! :)

My store went 90% today! We scored:

games at 3 @ .99 and 3@ 1.99

3 barbies for .49 and one for .99

3 barbie nutcracker ornaments for .49 each

1 Kelly Christmas doll for .49

Snowman and Christmas tree pk of playdough for .19 each (bought LOTS of these app. 20)

My Little pony Christmas tree playset for 7 @.99

5 pkgs Christmas lights for .69, .89 & .99

1 tube of My little pony's .69 (had to ask for pa, rang up 6.99)

Christmas cards .59

1 silver mirrored angel .99

1 travel mug .49 (had to ask, penguins wearing santa caps...rang up 4.99)

1 pkg of Christmas tree balls .69

Bratz angels with 2 pets included, 5 @ .49

Gift wrap package with 4 rolls of paper, bags, bows, tissue, ribbon & tags for 1.49

That's all I can remember right now. DH is sleeping and I have stashed it in the closet.

Hit two stores in Louisiana! We were 30 min. late for a dr.s appt, but it was well worth it! Spent only $36 and had a great time doing it! I knew what to look for thanks to you guys! :)

You did well! Congratulations! :)

Back a little bit ago from my second target today....lol but it was worth it! Scored a dirt devil easy clean bagless vac for $ 12.98.....75% off!!!! I was stoked!

Oh and a funny from my earlier Target trip....perusing down the back of the store by cleaning supplies...I see a rubbermaid squeegee on clearance...well I blurt out, "thats a nice squeegee" sounding much like donkey in shrek 1....well this lady coming down the aisle bursts out laughing and says " and it's on clearance too!"......we just roared...man doesnt take much to excite me these days! LOL

Just shows we are all out for the hunt of a great deal....=Things like this make shopping fun!

Cheers

:2dollar:

"I was just wondering if anyone had the DCPI numbers for the following items since I am driving to Target tomorrow which is an hour away. I would like to try to see if they at least have the stuff in stock. LOL THANKS A MILLION IN ADVANCE!!

Here is my list:

V-tech Camera $24.98

V-smile with bonuses $24.98

Thomas Train wood set $11.77 (I would love if someone could find an exact name or pic at least so I know what to look for)

Lego sets $4.95"

Me too. Any have these?

Guest quigonatr
:eyepoppin OMG my Target went 90% off mid day yesterday I never heard of that before! It was awesome!!:eyepoppin Just imagine only paying 10% of reg. price. I got a tree for $9.99 4 packl ip glosses 19, gingerbread tree kit .99, adjustable wreath hanger .29 lifesavers & hubba bubba candy packs ,29 LOTS of little bargains very fun trip wrapping paper .39,.69 & .29 AMAZING!! 5 bags of stuff plus a tree for $30.00!! Everywhere else should go today just a heads up you should be on your way to your Target now if your target went 75% last Sun! :eyepoppin:groovin:

I just got home from the Target on the LIE in Commack. They are 90% off and they have nothing but bows, boxes, a few ornaments, some clothes, and some stockings left. There is ALOT of broken items on the shelves.

I left the store not buying one thing :(

They did have some of the perfume sets from Shania, Britney, etc marked down to $20.98.

Thanks for letting me know :) Guess NY-ers really cleaned them out :( Will post if I find anything later today. Gonna go try some stores in NJ.

our store was 90% off yeterday-missed it d/t work.by time I got there mostly bows,cards, some candy. Our target manager would not adjust the price of the My Little Pony Christmas gift set -said it was not Christmas???????-still rang up at 6.99. i have been watching the clearance prices of certain items and they remain 30% off for over 4 weeks- our Target does not seem to follow the other Tafget's schedules

"I was just wondering if anyone had the DCPI numbers for the following items since I am driving to Target tomorrow which is an hour away. I would like to try to see if they at least have the stuff in stock. LOL THANKS A MILLION IN ADVANCE!!

Here is my list:

V-tech Camera $24.98

Thomas Train wood set $11.77 (I would love if someone could find an exact name or pic at least so I know what to look for)

Lego sets $4.95"

Me too. Any have these?

What is a DCPI number? I did purchase 2 of the v-tech cameras yesterday for $24.98 at my Target.

jacksonville florida (san jose area) 90% off, still had 4-5 shelves of stuff, spread out over about 6 shelves, but still a lot of stuff. must have been at least 50 of those flat "gift wrap for 30? packages" boxes that included paper, tissue, ribbon, bags, everything, all for 1.29, at least 200 rolls of regular paper, zillions of tree skirts and stockings, lots of ribbon, candy canes almost stacked to the ceiling, gift boxes (like 4 shirt boxes to a pack), NO lights, a few decorations, a few decorative gift boxes, more of course, but I can't remember. Oh, one more thing, they had (I got one) about 10 pre-lit trees left for 9.99 each (7 1/2 foot)-these were in the garden center, not in the regular store.

important - the above results from a shopping spree at 6 pm last night, so I'm sure that this morning the stash has dwindled quite a bit.

I'm new to Target and deals. So glad I found you .... I'm learning so much. Thanks!! I was at Target yesterday and a worker was scanning the bath sets (marked 15% off). I asked her if she was marking them down. She told me "they don't seem to want to mark down" and I said so you aren't marking them down? And she said "no". Was she being honest? Should I have scanned one? I would have never even questioned her if I hadn't read on here that some workers like to mess with shoppers. Anyway, what do you think?

I thought I was in the minority about loving to find awesome deals. I have friends that just do not understand. It was refreshing to know there are others like me out there. :)

My friends and family think I am crazy..lol. I love fiding a good deal, especially at Target.

:tongue1:

What is a DCPI number? I did purchase 2 of the v-tech cameras yesterday for $24.98 at my Target.

It is the 9 digit number on your receipt. You will also find it on the red clearance tag, on the shelf label, and on the price scanner when you scan an item. If you know the DPCI number, and if your Target has the number pad along the side of the scanner, you can also input the number there to see if the price has changed or if they have more inventory in the back. Though sometimes it is wrong from the actual inventory quantity.

I'm new to Target and deals. So glad I found you .... I'm learning so much. Thanks!! I was at Target yesterday and a worker was scanning the bath sets (marked 15% off). I asked her if she was marking them down. She told me "they don't seem to want to mark down" and I said so you aren't marking them down? And she said "no". Was she being honest? Should I have scanned one? I would have never even questioned her if I hadn't read on here that some workers like to mess with shoppers. Anyway, what do you think?

Probably. The markdown team are told to scan certain sections each day and to mark down various items. They often expect items to go down the same as us, but corporate may have something else in mind. The markdown team doesn't always know what is going down. She may have been scanning them because she thought it was time for them to, but if it didn't spit out a new red tag and give her a lower price, then she can't do it.

Can't they change it?

If it had a red sticker on it, he wouldn't do it. If it was free of stickers, you probably would have had a better chance. I had this work at one store yesterday, but not another even without the stickers. It is a judgment call on the part of the cashier whether or not to override a price, and they can only do it for items less than $25, I think, without calling over a manager.

I've wanted one of these for a long time. I'm going to have to keep checking the clearance prices on them. You gave some great ideas for its use. Thank you for sharing. :)

You may want to check th El Con Target I was there yesterday and I saw a lot of ladies walking around with those in their carts, I'm not sure what % off they are, but may be worth checking. They also have a lot of toys, but the same as everywhere else some 30% and 50%, but not 75% yet.

Good Luck

our store was 90% off yeterday-missed it d/t work.by time I got there mostly bows,cards, some candy. Our target manager would not adjust the price of the My Little Pony Christmas gift set -said it was not Christmas???????-still rang up at 6.99. i have been watching the clearance prices of certain items and they remain 30% off for over 4 weeks- our Target does not seem to follow the other Tafget's schedules

Mine wouldn't adjust the pony set either, I like how they say it's not Christmas, but Minty is wearing a santa hat. ?????

Here is my list:

V-tech Camera $24.98

Lego sets $4.95"

Me too. Any have these?

Often times, I can find the dcpi on the target website. Good luck!