Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

90% for me today too....They brought a bunch of Keebler Club Crackers out with X-mas Designs...and each box wrang up for .03 each...They are the green boxes that you see in the grocery stores...

Also some Ritz Crackers with X-mas designs that wrang up for .27 each box...They are the big red boxes...

I had 2 shopping carts full of stuff and paid $31. I had to have help to my car...

Toys are now 50% off....I found some lego sets that wrang up for $4.95. Also found a Dora kitchen...Looked like an Internet return...It rang up for $9.77....Didnt buy it...as I have one at home...I figured I would leave it for someone who needed it...

which store in orange co????

:eek:

I had something similar happen to me today that happened to KC-Traderbear. I got to the store around 8:30am and discovered the holiday stuff was 90% off (Greenwich Twp, NJ). There were only 10 people or so looking through the aisles. Lots of room to explore. There were 6 full aisles of stuff and the workers were bringing pallets out from the back. Most of the pallet items were the red-box men's gift items. I've never seen such a thing. It was like Christmas all over again. As the workers were opening boxes a few of us were standing there waiting to see what was in the boxes. The items didn't even make it to the shelves, they went right into carts. Here is a list of my bargains (totaling $45).

3 deluxe car trunk organizers $1 ea

3 sets of car cargo cubes $1 ea

2 automatic shoeshine kits $1 ea

1 set blendy pens .59

1 reading light .50

1 wireless rain gauge $2

2 electric coin sorter banks $1 ea

1 glovebox umbrella .50

2 Meguiars car wax kits $2.99 ea

3 Red cookie scoops .19 ea

2 Cranium Pop 2 $2.49 ea

4 sets of plastic juice cups (6 cups in ea) .19 ea

6 sets of plastic cereal bowls (6 bowls in ea) .19 ea

3 sets of gift boxes .19 ea

2 toddler holiday tees .50 ea

2 pack maybelline great lash (in silver box) .49

1 Cars ornament .69

2 Dora ornament sets .69 ea

1 metal teacher ornament $1.49

1 metal breast cancer ornament $1.49

3 outdoor digital timers $1.49 ea

3 scotch cutters .49 ea

Also grabbed suction cups, wrapping paper, ribbon, gift boxes, ornament hooks - all approx. .19 ea and silver box makeup kits at .19 ea

Definitely a great day to have off from work. I'm so lucky I was able to be at the store shortly after they opened. Good luck to everyone else out there waiting for 90%!

AWESOME FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:cheesy:

First store today was still 75% Christmas and 30% toys. Not much in Christmas, but I did find the LPS Pets Around the World that I missed before Christmas and picked it up for 30% off. On a whim, I went to a second store that has only been open about four months and that I had only been to once before. They had toys still at 30% but Christmas was at 90%. I was able to get the Christmas Morning Barbie (.99), some of the Bratz Lil Angelz (.49), and the Cranium Pop (2.49). I also picked up a picnic trolly for $3.00 (was $30.00) in a red box from automotive. It has wheels, expanding handle, insulated compartment, and a zippered compartment with glasses, plates, napkins, flatware, etc included. Well worth the trip.

Those of you that went 90% off today, when did your store go 75% off last week? Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?

I shop at 2 stores in my area. The one that went 75% on Sat is still 75%. The one that went 75% on Sun. is 90% today, go figure! They both have about 4-5 aisles full of stuff left.

The Goldenrod Target in Winter Park is 75%. An employee told me it would be 90% tomorrow so I guess I'll be back there tomorrow. Did find today at 75%: Connect Four travel game, PlayDoh in candy cane packaging, and table cloth. I didn't think they would be there tomorrow. Also, found some toddler rain boots @ 50%. Most toys were 30-50% still, and the red rubbermaid containers are still 30%. I did think about picking up the silver party box of 12 mugs, but it scanned at full price, 19.99! Guess they missed those when doing the markdowns on the rest of the silver boxed entertaining ware. Would they make the adjustment at the register?

I was shopping in the Diamond Bar, CA store today and heard a lady yell "Hey Carol, I have soft soap", my ears popped up and I went walking around the corner. The lady had like 8 bottles of clear, large bottles of soft soap that said Happy Holidays on the front. I asked if there were more and she said no, but you can have this one and handed me one (Thank you if you read these boards). It rung up 50 cents, reg. $5. These were from the regular soap aisles. I checked Chino Hills store and found 1, it was only 75% off but I was happy!

PDX is 90% off! Well, Clackamas, Oregon is anyway.

But holy moly, there is almost NOTHING left. About three trees (7 footers), one small white tree, about twenty boxes of Christmas cards, and about fifty ornaments (10 different ones). There was a handful of table runners and about five wreaths.. I think that's it?

I got a couple of items anyway. :)

I saw board game on clearance, like Simpsons Sorry was $9,98....I have decided next year when we give our kids money to buy Xmas gifts that we are using credit cards instead. My son bought that particular game for his younger brother and if I had the reciept I could have bought it and returned it and gotten half of the money back...However husband saw the rebate for it so he mailed in the receipt...had we used a credit card I could have gotten that back.

Lesson Learned

[quote

also the other day i found a Rival oven roaster for $8.74, 75% off. This is a xmas gift for my sister for next year. since she doesnt have the use of an oven and therefore cant cook anything in the oven, this will be great for her since it looks like it can just be plugged in and has the heat temps on the front of the roaster.

I also saw lots of these in the Targets around KC. Although I just couldn't ever imagine myself cooking that much food, so I passed.

Are you in KC? I witnessed something this morning that I have never seen in the many, many years I have been shopping Target clearance. Oh MY! I went out to a store that I hadn't been to yet (Chipman Road ST). I didn't get there until about 10:30, but they are 90% off TODAY, and they were hauling loads of stuff out from the back. And I mean GOOD stuff. Boxes of Solo plates and cups, Dixie plates, Hefty plates, Kleenex, Vanity Fair napkins. I couldn't believe it. I would have been thrilled to find that stuff for 75% off!!! There were people who had been there since 8 and said they have just been hauling things out since 9 a.m.

I mean there was so much for everyone. I think everybody there got more than they wanted. Others were taking plates sets, beautiful charger sets, comfortor sets. I got a lot of Cranium and travel games, baby bratz. It was like they were stocking the shelves BEFORE Christmas!! It was wildly fun. The only thing better would have been if there would have only been about 6 of us all waiting instead of 40! :yup: Many people who didn't have kiddos with them (unlike me!) had 4 carts full. I could only manage 1 cart with my 2 year old, but I got plenty of stuff.

I don't know of other stores around here that went to 90 today, but if you were going to check Chipman Road tomorrow morning, you might just x that one off your list. Unless they keep hauling stuff out. Someone at checkout said they were done though when I was checking out at 11:30.

I bought $550 worth of stuff for $55.

Thank You for posting that is the Target I live by. I will go after work.

I went to 3 different targets today. christmas was still at 75% off at all of them. most toys still rung up at only 30% off except for the last target I went to I found a few toys at 50% off that I bought cause I know they probably wont still be there next week. I bought VTech Kidizoom Digital Camera 50% off I paid 24.98 I bought the Little Tikes Buildin to Learn Workshop for 49.98 and I bought the vsmile system that comes with Bonus Adaptor and Storage Unit for 24.98.My son is gonna have a great birthday next week.

First store today was still 75% Christmas and 30% toys. Not much in Christmas, but I did find the LPS Pets Around the World that I missed before Christmas and picked it up for 30% off.

If anyone is interested... I also found the LPS Around the world marked to 30% off ($17.xx down from a regular price of $25.) The November Catalog toy coupons, which are still out on the Target website by the way, WORKED on those sets. I bought 2 and with the $5 off coupon, they rang up to $12.xx. Nice price for that Pet Shop thingy! (At least for our house, Pet Shops are like gold.)

also an Opelika, Al targeter. walked out with a cart full of stuff...of course I didn't NEED, but only spent $16! Soooo happy, it was about time! Toys still %50 and %30 off, did notice that several off the Disney Pixar Car items went from 30% to %50 this week. My favorite find was a topiary that was $24.99.. i got for $2.49...it was literally the most expensive thing I bought!! Most everything in my cart was .69 or under!

Any reports out of NC triad area? I really should be packing but can't resist a target clearance.:)

I called the Hanes Mall target, they said they're at 75% but the person I spoke to said she doesn't think they'll go to 90% :mad:

I might stop by after work to see what they have left although that one always seems to be pretty picked over.

Let me know if you try any of the other Triad Targets:)

I went to 3 Targets in MD today, all at 90%. One had an OK selection, the other 2 had picked over stuff.

Also purchased a Glade scented candle holder (apple blossom)- $2.24 with a $3 coupon. I told the cashier it beeped because the coupon was more than the item, but she still applied $3.

I purchased a pumpkin spice glade candle, price $1.24, with a $1 coupon.

I went to 3 different targets today. christmas was still at 75% off at all of them. most toys still rung up at only 30% off except for the last target I went to I found a few toys at 50% off that I bought cause I know they probably wont still be there next week. I bought VTech Kidizoom Digital Camera 50% off I paid 24.98 I bought the Little Tikes Buildin to Learn Workshop for 49.98 and I bought the vsmile system that comes with Bonus Adaptor and Storage Unit for 24.98.My son is gonna have a great birthday next week.

OHHHH I am so JEALOUS of you!! I have been wanting to get my son that camera since it came out. I am going to Target tomorrow so hopefully my small hick town one will have some good deals like that. :cheesy:

Also saw a Thomas The Tank Wooden Train Set....It rang up for $11.77....I gave it to another lady whom I didnt even know...She was in tears trying to find another one...My girls arent in to Thomas that much....So I let her have it...Just wanted to give you the heads up.

Was that the train set that is regular around $49 or $59? My daughter loves trains and I saw one yesterday but it was only 30% off.

My target went to 90% off today and they kept bringing out tons of stuff from the back that they didnt put out before christmas. You name it I got it---wrapping paper, tags, bows, boxes, gift bags, dish towels. They were still unloading stuff from the back at 2 when I went back for a second time (I got there at 8:30 am the first time!!) I wanna go back!!!!!! People were crazy when they would bring a pallette from the back. I also got a sesame street light up figure for 1.59.

Tulsa, Ok Target at 71st went 90% off this morning at about 8:30 am.... they had a ton of stuff.... I was kind of surprised.

Christmas stuff.... toys were 30% and 50% still.

Thanks! I am going to call my mom now!!

When I was there this past week I noticed they had a ton of stuff still. I was really surprised. I hope my mom can get over there.

If anyone is interested... I also found the LPS Around the world marked to 30% off ($17.xx down from a regular price of $25.) The November Catalog toy coupons, which are still out on the Target website by the way, WORKED on those sets. I bought 2 and with the $5 off coupon, they rang up to $12.xx. Nice price for that Pet Shop thingy! (At least for our house, Pet Shops are like gold.)

KC-Traderbear-- Where on the site do you print the November toy coupons? :confused: Thanks in advance!!

Stopped at the Santa Ana Target to find that Christmas was 90% off ...not much left, but I went over the the Target at the District and got two boxes of the small trees (3 trees, 3ft high with lights), lots of wrap, bags and lights still at that store...and those boxes of wrap, ribbon and bags. White tissue paper, stick on bows and gift tags in great supply. I got an amarylis, too. I like to plant those now for Valentines Day. 3 pair of snowflake earrings for DD for 69 cents, she's happy.

I wish I hadn't listened to the operator--I called this morning and was assured that they were still at 75%....and then she said she didn't think it would go any lower. That should have clued me in that she wasn't really sure :-)

Toys still at 30%

The Rival Roaster Oven is so wonderful! I paid full price for mine a few years ago and it's worth every penny. I use on the holidays, it makes great, moist turkey (I do two turkeys for Thanksgiving), I put 20+ pounds of potato casserole in there, heated it all up, put it in a cardboard box in the car and drove for an hour and a half to take it to a family Christmas Eve and just plugged it back in when we arrived....worked great. I've enven cooked a roast in it outside in the summer (way to hot to heat up my house, and tired of bbq stuff). I have not used it for baking, but for an extra "roasting" oven it can't be beat. Your sister will love it! And I might have to pick up another one for that price :-)

Actually Riverside County...

I was at the new Super Target in Mo Val

I'm Riverside County too, I hit Corona and Norco this am. Got some great things at So Corona store, they still had pallets and pallets of stuff in back, guy said they would be putting stuff out all weekend, I got some lighted reindeer and snowmen for $1.99! that was my best buy of the day:)