So, was it worth it?

SoCalCyclist

I didnt camp out, I left the house around 6:30, went to Target, which was not

crowded at all. It was wonderful. Got in and out in about 1/2 hour.

Then went to the Mall and shopped a few stores for some kids clothes.

To my surprise, it was very relaxed this year.

The fun of the day is always worth it. I was watching a Wed. night show last night that I had taped since I was traveling and not near a TV and saw all the ads- wished I could go back and do it over again. Hit Penny's, Sears, FYE, Target, Herbergers, Walgreens, Lids, Gamestop, Walmart, Menards, Lowes, and Pro-stop as well as a few stores walked in and left- Old Navy, and Sheels. Was with my middle daughter- and we split a meal at Fudruckers. Great mommy-daughter time. My mother in another town hit the doorbusters at Walmart, Shopko, Herbergers and Menards.

I had a great BF. I was sick and running a fever and still had to go to work at the end of the day, but that was okay!

I got to sleep in, shop and got everything I wanted and only ended up working 2.5 hours and was paid for the entire day, plus the hours I worked!

It was totally worth it. I'm not sure how much money I saved (I racked up the toys at Kohl's and Toys R Us!) But it was a great morning! My Husband and cousin went one way and my other cousin and I went another. With Grandma babysitting it was a nice morning to be with my cousin, gossip :gdblush2:, drink coffee and shop. I would NEVER trade my BF's with her for anything! :g_dance:

Absolutely was. I only wish I had snagged two shopping carts at babies r us. the diapers alone were worth every minute in line. next year if they do the same sale AND my dd is still in diapers (gosh i hope not) i will be in line again, and i'll bring a helper with me.

even if dd isn't in diapers, i might still do it as i've a lot of family and friends who are expecting babies soon and it might be a boring gift but it's still a good one.

To me it's just a really fun morning. I do not go wait in lines, but I am there when the stores open or right after. The last two years I have went with a good friend and we've had a great time together. Before that I would go by myself. It was "me" time without the kids and husband and I've enjoyed it. Yes, I did get some good deals too. :)

I was visiting a friend at the time, but I did get some shopping done. I had no trouble finding what I wanted in Target, although they sold out of xbox 360s, the deals were great, but the cashier charged us twice for two items (I got the extra charges removed, but we'll see on the Credit Card statement).

Guest CS.Dean
It was worth it to me. Got to spend time with my wife and a few friends while we waited at Best Buy. We were first in line at 11 am on Thusday. As the day went on we made some new friends, had some laughs , and we got what we wanted.

I'd say it was worth it for me. I pay myself $25 an hour to shop, so if I can't save at least that much I don't bother on BF. I got a kitty condo for our kittens at Meijer for $40 (half off) and an entryway Christmas tree at Michaels for $50 (half off), and was done with those 2 stores in less than a half hour. I also went to Shopko and saved $20 on a doll, the line there was the longest one I stood in, and even that was <10 minutes. So in less than an hour I was done and had saved over $100, which makes it worth it to me. No electronics this year that I really was excited about or I would have saved more. Maybe there will be good after Christmas sales on small LCD tvs. I waited about 15 minutes before Meijer opened, so I guess you have to factor that in, timewise, but I still felt like I did pretty well.

It was worth it in the end for me. Didn't get the TV I originally wanted on Black Friday, but I ended up getting one on Saturday at the AAFES BX on base. The BX opened an hour before I thought it was supposed to on Friday, but I went there on Saturday when they opened just to see what they had and they had a 52" Sharp Aquos LCD HDTV for $1599. So yeh I'm happy after being pissed on Friday. The TV I missed out on was only a 42" tv.

For me, it was worth it. I decide to go out on BF if there is one store that, if I get in on time, will make my day a success. This year, that store was Staples. I got up at 4:00 and arrived at the store at 4:30. I got in line with ~30 others. The manager started handing out vouchers at 5:30. When I got one for a $100 gps (navigon 2100t), it was worth it. The $80 500g usb drive, thumb drives, DVDs, and 11.4" digital frames were all icing on the cake. Best part -- I was back in bed by 6:30!

I would never camp out regardless of how good the deals are, but it was definitely worth heading out at 3:00 am. At Kohl's, I saved a bunch on the Kitchenaid mixer, the portable DVD player, a programmable Mr. Coffee and a food dehydrator, plus I got a ton of smaller items at unbelievable prices. I ended up with $85 in Kohl's cash that I went back and spent on myself, and I have $74 in rebates coming back to me. At Sears, my biggest savings was $70 on a table saw, but I also got some other great deals too, including a couple things for myself. But the best part was that I totally finished my Christmas shopping, so I am now ahead of the game for the first time in years! :D

I enjoyed it mainly for the rush and getting out of the house and enjoying myself. My mother enjoy it more because she has been a little down. We got a few items, mostly what we wanted. Shop in 2 cities and got even more stuff and didnt break 100 bucks. I look forward to next year.