Anyone NOT get the Walmart ad?

Madigan

We usually get ours in the mail on Monday before Black Friday but we didn't get one this year. No sales in any of the newspaper and the wal mart stores didn't even have any. From what I saw of the ad posted online I'm not missing anything.

I was shocked.. for the first time in years I had a WM ad in my paper. Guess it helped calling the paper and telling them this is the time of year I have it delivered here. (and one of the reasons I get the paper) Told them to make sure the ads were in it or I'm cancelling my subscription. Maybe that did it for me. Good luck to ya all on getting what you want.

I haven't gotten a print ad from our Wal-Mart in around 8mths. That includes the Black Friday ad. I guess they want you to just use their website, what it says to me is that they aren't that interested in my business, they must think they are great enough that peple will flock to them even without an ad.

So a guy goes up to a newspaper box on the corner, puts in his 50 cents and gives the handle a tug.

A slip of paper comes out and says, " We are sorry but today's paper is not available at this location". Then he trys the coin return.

"Today's paper is available on line only". He hits the coin return again.

"Today's paper is :

REGULAR PRICED @ $ 12.75

St. BOX BUY - $ 2.00

Instant rebate - $ 1.75

Mail in rebate - $ 8.50

-------

Total price 50 cents

Please Deposit $ 12.75

He gets a tire iron out of his car and bashes the box to bits. Handing out free newspapers he wishes everyone:

" Happy Black Friday"

See y'all next year

I live in Washington State and I have NEVER found one in the paper. I always thought it was strange and I never understood it but after reading this thread, I see its not just me. Yesterday, we had 5 papers and not even one of them had the Walmart ad.

I think they released it early. I don't get the paper every day, but get a weekly free newspaper section on Wednesdays in the mail. Often there is a Wal-Mart ad in the free section and that's where it was this week too. I bought the Thanksgiving paper and didn't get one there.

We get the paper daily, and our Walmart ad this year was in Wednesday's paper. All the others came in the paper Thursday. Probably not a good move on Walmart's part if that was planned to get their sales info out there early, because many people only buy the paper occasionally. I actually started looking for it in Thursday's paper and then remembered that it had come the day before. Guess those "specials" didn't leave too great an impression on me. :rotflol:

I didn't realize it till I saw this thread, that I didn't get a WM ad in the paper or mail. I wasn't planning on shopping there anyway so it didn't matter. But our local WM's all took a hit yesterday. no many shoppers at all. My daughter went to WM last night and said they still had quite abit of doorbusters still on pallets at 10pm. OUCH!

on the flip side of this issue, i recently went in to walmart to buy the paper specifically for the sunday ads. i was told they only carry 1 newspaper (i live near the state line and normally have 3 or 4 papers to choose from). well what do you know, the one paper they carry does NOT include ANY store flyers other than walmarts. on a sunday! talk about trying to limit the competition. promptly walked out and went to target

We always get our ad in the mail. But this year we didn't get it in our PO box but I did receive one in our mailbox in front of our house.

Something else a little interesting. I was in Wal-Mart today and the greeter was handing our ads and telling people the ad does not start until tomorrow. They never hand out ads at the stores. I thought that was weird.