What year, in your opinion, was the BEST Black Friday ever?

cireafan

In your opinion, what year was the best Black Friday ever?

To me, I think the Black Friday 2005 was the best in history. Wal-Mart had a $388 laptop and Best Buy had a desktop PC for $149.99, but I've heard reports from buyers able to purchase the desktop only for $20 after returning the CRT monitor. Considering the average price for the blitz items in 2005 was a lot higher than 2006 and 2007.

2006 was okay, except Wal-Mart didn't have a laptop and Best Buy's desktop raised to $189.99.

2007 may be the worst ever. There is no more $50 20" TV.

The best year for me, I think was 2002, the year Best Buy paid me to buy a computer from them. They had a computer package price which included a monitor and a different price for just the computer w/o the monitor (both prices were after rebates). The shelf tag had the computer only price for the bundle package price so, of course, they had to honor it. The manager adjusted the price on the bundle package to be what the computer only price was to be after the rebates... and then still gave me the rebate forms. I figured I would send them in and they would get rejected based on the price I paid on the receipt, but no, they sent me the check. When all was said and done I had a free computer package and a $250 dollar rebate check.

Needless to say, ever since then, I always check the shelf tags now!!!

I think it was like '97, There was this Bratz-like doll, big head on small body

and she interacted. She came in blonde, brunette, Afr.Am. etc. Went in Target,

non to be found. But I looked up and on the top shelf....hundreds!!! Its like I heard

a symphony and the skies opened up!! But no one else had seen them yet. I couldnt

reach so I stepped up on the shelf and started ticking them off the shelf with one finger.

Wasnt long there were about 75 women crammed in that aisle with their arms up,

catching what fell. That was an exciting BF, needing a hot toy and finding

more then 8!! My daughter is 18 now. When we redid her room, I couldnt toss it, its on

a shelf in the linen closet, she saw it recently and said "Mom, throw it AWAY" No way, I

miss the days of having a 'little one" and buying toys. Thanks for the memory!

My favorite BF was my first in 2003, I was going to go with my friend at the time. Well, you didn't come and get me, so I was totally bummed that I would miss the madness. Yet, always coming thru, my mom decided to come with me (being the trooper that she is). We started at Walmart first and I was witness to a madness I haven't seen since I first watched a lion attack a zebra. The hot item at the time was an 89 dollar Gamecube. I chose not to mess with it because I needed a camera. The bell sounded and it was hell on earth. I run to grab my camera only to find my shopping cart was gone(an empty shopping cart, luckily). When I finally found my mom, she had a backup cart and the christmas tree we needed. I've been hooked ever since, I will continue my BF tradition with my family. Thanks for letting me share.

2006 was awesome. 2 laptops -- 1 for $179 at Microcenter, another for $279 at BB, a 32" LCD for $360, a desktop for $189 w/ free printer, and 51" TV for $580, plus lots of other great deals. Last year was a very good BF. This year not looking nearly as good, but I will still be buying tons! I love BF!!!!

2007 may be the worst ever. There is no more $50 20" TV.

That was all I was looking for this year...a cheap 20" tube TV for my spare room. :(

I have a flat screen tube TV that I bought (not on black friday) 2 years ago for $100. They don't even have that.

I would say for me the funnest BF were 2002-2005. Places priced matched- good selections at least for our region. Last year was a little bit of a dud and this year is looking to not be much better. Maybe it is that my kids are getting older and as the kids get older Christmas just becomes less fun. Oh well- better luck next year.

2006 was the first black friday i did any significant shopping, but it was great.

The overnight wait was fine, listened to my ipod, played my psp, played some chess with some fellow waiters...

Got the 32" westinghouse lcd for 480 dollars, two 22" westinghouse lcd monitors (which double as hdtvs with component imputs), and then a bunch fo smaller tihngs like memory and gifts and such.

but the tvs and monitors were fantastic deals. nothing like that this year. a year later and cheaper versions of worse brands with less features are the same price for the monitors.

this year all i know im getting is a gps unit at one of the 20 stores that have decent deals on them, and probably going to extend my phone contract and get a new phone. plus small gifts. still waiting on fry's to have a miraculous laptop deal, but thats doubtful.

The reason for the lack of cheap 20" (or 13" or 27") TVs is not exactly because of HD, but because all TVs sold now have to have digital (not necessarily HD) tuners built-in. Those still cost more than traditional analog tuners, and therefore they can't sell 20" digital TVs for $50.

Wait until next BF though, I'm guessing by then the component cost for digital tuners will have dropped enough that you'll see similar cheaper TV deals.

Although I couldn't take advantage of it at the time as I didn't know about it because I don't think I had discovered this website by that time, however I'd have to say one of the better years was the year McD's did the best buy bucks thing and that there was no limit to the amount of thsoe bucks you could use on a single purchase especially on BF. Plus that year, all the input costs versus you what got to spend or your output left you extra (free) money you could spend at best buy.

I think 2006 was the best. That year I had the most fun. Dh went with me. And is going back with me this year. LOL...He's been on Gottadeal this week reading up on all of the BF sales and getting ready. He calls me a gottadeal nerd and he says he becomming one too.