So far... the deals suck...

tmc

Stay home...I think not. Even with bad deals I wouldn't miss the crazy's fighting over 3 dollar dvds.

I agree with you, i enjoy the rush I get from seeing everyone go crazy! Even if i walk away with nothing, its all fun, Its Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Those placing additional information as to why you are disappointed in the ads, thank you. From what I can see most are looking for electronics and I guess that is the one thing I tend to not look for on BF. So many other deals to be had on electronics during the year without the hassle of limited buys and camping overnight. (Limited buys on one of the busiest shopping days of the year.)

Thanks again for the comments I realize I am not missing out, since electronics are not on my BF shopping lists.

What else is there on BF worthy? :D

Clothes? Heck.. we give gift cards for any clothes so that they can go after Christmas and clean up on the after Christmas stuff.

Toys? Welp.. I am thankfully past the toy buying stage, except for v.games of course. Usually though, all retailers have just as good as sales closer to Christmas than what is offered on BF, or duplicate type sales.

Tools? Usually all the BF sales are had any time during the year.

Cheap tools at target type places? Why bother, it's junk.

I really can't think of what other product that would make me get up and stand in the cold for that is a "steal of a deal". YMMV! :yup:

What else is there on BF worthy? :D

Clothes? Heck.. we give gift cards for any clothes so that they can go after Christmas and clean up on the after Christmas stuff.

Toys? Welp.. I am thankfully past the toy buying stage, except for v.games of course. Usually though, all retailers have just as good as sales closer to Christmas than what is offered on BF, or duplicate type sales.

Tools? Usually all the BF sales are had any time during the year.

Cheap tools at target type places? Why bother, it's junk.

I really can't think of what other product that would make me get up and stand in the cold for that is a "steal of a deal". YMMV! :yup:

Yep YMMV

I posted my post because I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on something. I happen to feel the same way about electronics that you do on tools lol.

I am sure the ads to come will have some nicer deals for those looking for them.

Well, normally Sears s my #1 store, because of the GC. With that out this year, my 2nd stop, Target...isnt looking so good either :( Normally I avoid WM like the plague...but at this point it looks like it may be an option. Assuming thier ad isnt lame lol. Who knows, I may even be in line at BB this year...yikes.

Sears so far is the only place worth going for me, I like their deal for the Sharp 19" HDTV LCD/DVD Combo TV. Also ,they have a couple other things I might pickup.

Definitely not interested in any other ads I have seen so far this season ,but as usual, I'm patiently waiting for Best Buy and Wal-Mart to spill their beans.

I've seen a few things I want to get, but I just mostly go for the fun of it. It wouldn't matter if there's nothing great on sale...I'd still be out there! Hopefully lots of people will think the ads are lame and stay home so I don't have to fight so many people :D

I am disappointed in the Kmart Thanksgiving ad though. Usually there is at least ONE thing that gets my attention. There's nothing this year. That's alright though. One less thing to do Thanksgiving day :)

Guest Macrossmaster

Well, I think for many, it's not fun to get out in unless there is something worth it. Most don't enter into (booming voice) SHOPPING KOMBAT! for nothing. This year my wife and I want HD, big and 1080p. I'm stuck surfing auction sites (which are so far a MUCH better deal!) than looking forward to BF. I'm confident that an auction will yield better deals on electronics than the retailers so far. HDTV is gonna be the big deal this year, and I think only Sears has put their finger on it. I'll wait to see Best Buy, but something tells me its gonna be cheap junk at cheap prices and decent stuff at decent prices, but not good stuff at killer prices.

I also want to give a hearty approval to the person who said its the economy – you better believe it. These companies are fighting to make a profit, not make BF our personal playground. If the deals suck, its because the economy is not so hot. Plus at over $3 a gallon in the midwest, how much do you think its COSTING just to get this cool stuff into stores?

High prices here we come...

If you are unable to find what you want to purchase on BF Don't forget there is cyber monday and all those 12 days of christmas specials at LL Bean, TRU, Lenox, Amazon vote, ect....so the best is still yet to come. I have not found that 1 thing that I just can't live without so I am waiting with anticipation:fluffy:

A big halo is hovering over Toys-R-Us with the lead paint problem. They deserve to be hurt (along with Walmart) for not doing more to keep bad products off shelves BEFORE it becomes a problem, not after children are contaminated.

Manufacturers are to blame for recalls, not retailers. Toys R Us and Walmart were not the only retailers who sold the affected toys. Mattel/Fisher Price should've tested the toys before the landed on the shelves, not the retailers.

Manufacturers are to blame for recalls, not retailers. Toys R Us and Walmart were not the only retailers who sold the affected toys. Mattel/Fisher Price should've tested the toys before the landed on the shelves, not the retailers.

:gdpoint:

I was extremely disappointed in the Target ad. It seemed like they didn't even make an effort. They put a few very old dvds on sale and some clothes and junk. Can anyone say they saw even one thing that was a super good deal? Plus there was hardly any toys? What is going on? Even the newspapers said this would be a good season for shoppers due to the economy. Do stores not care? You would have thought Target would at least have one really good TV or electronics deal to get people in the store!

The thing about black friday is those surprises that you don't know about until you get there. Those are what I live for on black friday, like the extra bonus scratch offs at old navy a couple of years ago (ok so it makes it better if you win the shopping spree *brag brag*), seeing the funny things that happy that stick in your mind forever. I make a list ever year and guess what I get about 50% of what is on the list and end up with some other things that I did not intend to purchase but I got a heck of a deal on! It's like the start of the season especially here on gotta deal. I was thinking I wasn't thrilled with the ads either but then I was thinking that I am usually not that overly thrilled with all of the ads until all of the ads are out and I get right down to it. The bigger stores that haven't been posted yet are usually my favorites so I am still not let down yet. I love BF and will still go out no matter what, besides my mom buys my lunch :)

Well, with BB and CC now out, I must say, I agree. The ads do suck! I guess its true that when the economy isn't that good, neither are the sales. Oh well. I still love BF and will be out there, but may be changing the order of the stores I visit!

well I wont be waiting in line at BB for a laptop. I know sony is a great name brand but I bought the ACer at WM for the secret sale JUST in case and now i am glad I did. that was my MUST have item of the year. I went to TRU today and picked up a couple of toys for the nieces. That is off my list. now its just something for the sister and mom. neither of which want anything at BB so I wont be camping out.. sigh