>>> Official Black Friday TV / HDTV Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

Sears TV isnt a 1080P!!!

Does anyone know where I can get a 46'/50' or bigger LCD TV blackfriday?

I def want 1080p too!!! Any help would be great! I'm new to all this!!

Thanks again:)

Circuit City as the same one only the 1080. It is around 1200.

Hi,

I am looking for a TV for my husband for Xmas. I am wanting an LCD 42 or larger. We run a small farm and travel alot for Jr. Rodeo. TV watching is not something we do on a regular basis. Given that I am not sure which TV I should get.

The two I was looking at was the 46" Sharp at Sears, which is not 1080.

Or the 46" Sharp at Circuit City, which is 1299.00 and is 1080.

I am not sure if it is worth paying the extra money in out case. I have read all of the other posts about the differences and if I am reading them (and undertanding them) we don't really need the 1080? OR do we?

Opinions please...

Sears Aquos 46" $999.99

OR

BJs Olevia 47" 1080P LCD for $999.99

Which one? I understand about the 720 vs 1080P but to be honest we are not gamers. I was thinking about getting a blu-ray or HD Dvd player...Olevia, will it last?

I'm not spending more than $1000 as someone is buying it as a gift for my family. Also do you think we need to line up for these TV's?

Thanks

Opinions please...

Sears Aquos 46" $999.99

OR

BJs Olevia 47" 1080P LCD for $999.99

Which one? I understand about the 720 vs 1080P but to be honest we are not gamers. I was thinking about getting a blu-ray or HD Dvd player...Olevia, will it last?

I'm not spending more than $1000 as someone is buying it as a gift for my family. Also do you think we need to line up for these TV's?

Thanks

720 vs 1080P has nothing to do with gamers!!!!! :P

720p is NOT high def... it's "Enhanced Def"

DO NOT get a 720p TV... you are just throwing your money away. IMO.

1080p right now only makes a difference with some media but in a year or too its going to be EVERYTHING... so just do it now so you arent buying a new TV in a year or two..

Good Luck!!

P.S. Now that I think about it come two or three years something newer is going to be out that we all want and we are going to be in the same boat! :eyepoppin

720 vs 1080P has nothing to do with gamers!!!!! :P

720p is NOT high def... it's "Enhanced Def"

DO NOT get a 720p TV... you are just throwing your money away. IMO.

1080p right now only makes a difference with some media but in a year or too its going to be EVERYTHING... so just do it now so you arent buying a new TV in a year or two..

Good Luck!!

P.S. Now that I think about it come two or three years something newer is going to be out that we all want and we are going to be in the same boat! :eyepoppin

YES 1080p matters for gamers, the 360 and PS3 take full advantage of 1080p

There is no true set minimum res for HD and tons of other factors to classify HD

Depending on screen size, calibration, viewing distance, cables, rendering etc. your 1080p could very well look worse than a 720p setup. Buy what fits your budget and looks good to you.

Alright, got a couple of questions for you guys. I am really looking forward to getting an HDTV this year for cheap, but I just can't seem to decide between these two TVs:

The Samsung 50" Slim DLP (HLT5075S)

VS

The Sharp Aquos 42" LCD (LC42D43U)

Of course both will be on sale at CC this year. I know that they are both 720p and I just got done looking at the Samsung in BB and it looked okay, but they only had some random DVD showing wooded areas and whatnot and certainly not in HD. I haven't seen the Sharp in person, but I have seen both the 32" and 37" versions of it. They also looked pretty good, but the (very few) reviews of it I could find showed some concern for the lack of options like not being able to change aspect ratios with HD sources. I plan on buying a PS3 or Xbox 360 in the near future so I will definitely be doing some gaming and of course maybe getting into some high def movie watching. They are both going to be the same price on Black Friday so, what do you guys think?

can you post a reply from target corporate here on the 37in olevia lcd? or pm me it? i really think thats the best deal for a 37in this holiday season, so i'm going to avoid waiting the line and hit up other places and gather some dvds/sound system/furniture. thanks!

Alright, got a couple of questions for you guys. I am really looking forward to getting an HDTV this year for cheap, but I just can't seem to decide between these two TVs:

The Samsung 50" Slim DLP (HLT5075S)

VS

The Sharp Aquos 42" LCD (LC42D43U)

Of course both will be on sale at CC this year. I know that they are both 720p and I just got done looking at the Samsung in BB and it looked okay, but they only had some random DVD showing wooded areas and whatnot and certainly not in HD. I haven't seen the Sharp in person, but I have seen both the 32" and 37" versions of it. They also looked pretty good, but the (very few) reviews of it I could find showed some concern for the lack of options like not being able to change aspect ratios with HD sources. I plan on buying a PS3 or Xbox 360 in the near future so I will definitely be doing some gaming and of course maybe getting into some high def movie watching. They are both going to be the same price on Black Friday so, what do you guys think?

If you go back through this thread there is a bunch of posts on this.

can you post a reply from target corporate here on the 37in olevia lcd? or pm me it? i really think thats the best deal for a 37in this holiday season, so i'm going to avoid waiting the line and hit up other places and gather some dvds/sound system/furniture. thanks!

Thanks for your e-mail regarding our policy on price adjustments.

Target is a trend retailer that wants to provide the latest merchandise

at the lowest possible price. We're able to make adjustments on sale

merchandise if we advertise a lower price either the same week or the

week following your Target purchase.

In order to receive this service, please take your original Target

sales receipt to your local Target store for an adjustment to reflect the

new Target price. We're not able to make adjustments on clearance

merchandise.

Items in the 2-Day sale ad follow normal price adjustment guidelines.

Therefore, if the item was purchased on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday or

Wednesday of the same week as the sale, or any day the week before, it is

eligible for price adjustment.

Some guests may not be able to return to the store during the same week

or the week following their purchase. In cases such as this, store

team members may make adjustments within 90 days of purchase, provided

guests have:

A copy of the ad to show the item went on sale the same week or the

week following their purchase. and a valid receipt.

Please bring a copy of this letter to the store or feel free to call

us from the store at 1-800-440-0680.

Thanks for shopping with us. I hope we'll see you again soon at Target.

Sincerely,

Virve

Target Guest Relations

Info about Sears price match policy:

After reading angelic680 post that Sears price matched an online ad, I went to Sears and tried to get the same deal, but did not work. In two different stores I was told Sears will only price match local competitors, it may be online price, but it has to be from an local competitor's website (including shipping).

Also I found Sears price match policy on sears.com:

If you find a lower price (including shipping, handling and delivery) on an identical branded item with the same features currently available for sale and delivery in your area from a local retail store's online site, Sears will match that total price Plus, give you 10% of the difference. Just print the ordering page, including shipping, handling and delivery, and bring it to your Sears store at the time of, or within 30 days after, your purchase.

Speaking of Sears, if you are planning on buying a 42" Panasonic plasma TV on black friday, let's say for $999 at Circuit City or for $899 at Best Buy (both 720p), consider the TH-42PZ77U model on sale now on Sears for $1199. It is also a 42" Panasonic plasma TV, but 1080p, and you get $150 off if you have (or apply for) a Sears card, so it's really $1049.

Could Someone Comment On The 37" Sylvania T.v. That Meijer's Has In Their Black Friday Ad, All The Technology In This Department Has Me Confused. We Would Just Be Using This Set For Our Basement. The Set Is Advertised For 549.00.. Thank You Guys For All Your Help.

If you go back through this thread there is a bunch of posts on this.

Yes, yes, already read the whole thing. I saw there was a lot of talk on both technologies, as well as a lot of info on the Samsung LCD's/Plasmas and the 1080p Sharps, but not too much on both of these specific TV's. I haven't really seen too much of an opinion on either, so I ask what you guys think on getting one or the other.

The list is practically complete. If you want a list in Excel format of all the tv's available for BF PM me your email address. This list includes Wal-Mart, Target, Staples, Sears, Radio Shack, Office Depot, meijer, KMart, hhgregg, Costco.com, CompUSA, Circuit City, Best Buy and AAFES. Makes for easy comparison.

--------------------

I would like this spredsheet but can't send you a private message. My email is [email protected]

So if you are interested in one of the deals that are currently showing for Fri & Sat Only (like the CC Sharp 42") when do you think you need to show up at the store on Friday? Hope is not 4 am?

Also do you think they will do price match on such deals?

Quote:

Originally Posted by neomodus View Post

The list is practically complete. If you want a list in Excel format of all the tv's available for BF PM me your email address. This list includes Wal-Mart, Target, Staples, Sears, RadioShack, Office Depot, meijer, Kmart, hhgregg, Costco.com, CompUSA, Circuit City, Best Buy and AAFES. Makes for easy comparison.

could you please send me that spreadsheet-> idle (dot) burra at yahoo dot com

thanks in adv.

Yes, yes, already read the whole thing. I saw there was a lot of talk on both technologies, as well as a lot of info on the Samsung LCD's/Plasmas and the 1080p Sharps, but not too much on both of these specific TV's. I haven't really seen too much of an opinion on either, so I ask what you guys think on getting one or the other.

www.avsforum.com

Also I just posted in the Sears forum that I went in today to pre-buy the 46" Aquos from the BF ad (manager even suggested it) and she gave me a hard copy of the BF ad. The actual ad says 46" Sharp Aquos 1080p Full HD $1899 before $900 instant savings. So I happily ordered it and turns out the manu # in the ad is 71185 which is the 768p model, so I went back in and explained the mistake in their ad, they called the district manager and refunded my money and said to come back in Monday and they will take care of it because corporate is now trying to figure out exactly what they are going to do about the ad. So hopefully I'm looking at the 1080p for $999!

Just got back from shopping. Went to sears for the sony 46" this morning, they were sold out, BB was sold out so I went to the local furniture store and they PM sears and gave me a 3 yr warrenty and intrest free finance so I feel I did good. Except now my wife wants the sony in the Bedroom and our 42" plasma is now my computer monitor.Now I don't know if I should be happy:) or sad :shock:

So we want to get the Sharp Aquos 46" 1080p - $1299.99 from CC. It is a two day sale, but still a great price. I called the manager at CC tonight to ask him a question and he told me that since the TV is not a doorbuster that we could show up at any time during the two day sale and order the TV if they are out of stock on them. My husband called back to verify because I've never heard of a store doing this before.

Then...I pulled the actual scan of the ad up online at it clearly says "limited quantities" "no rainchecks" "while supplies last" right under "2 Day Sales". SO...who do I trust? The ad or the manager? We were going to get in line around 9pm on Thanksgiving...I would hate to waste my time, but would also hate to miss out because the manager was wrong. Has anyone experienced this before?

TIA!