What time are you gonna get in line on BF'07?

nedsw33

How Early are You Planning to Go Out BF?  

619 members have voted

1. 1. How Early are You Planning to Go Out BF?

• After stores open
    • Just about opening time (5 AM or later opening)
    • ½ Hour before (4:30AM)
    • 1 Hour before (4 AM)
    • 2 Hours before (3 AM)
    • 3 Hours before (2 AM)
    • 4 Hours before (1 AM)
    • 5 Hours before (Midnight)
    • 6-12 Hours before (5-11 PM Thanksgiving)
    • Earlier Thanksgiving Day
    • Wednesday 11/21

I voted 4am...no matter what store! I can't get out of bed much earlier than 3:15am and be able to function. :)

I'm usually like that too, but I change everything around for BF!:yup:

I go to bed as early as possible:g_zzz: -- shut the bedroom door, cover windows, run a fan to cover background noise, if needed. Set an alarm for midnight. My store is only about 15 minutes away, but I give myself those 2 hours to wake up:gdmornincoffee:, review my plans, etc.

I can take my time getting ready and thoroughly enjoy the stillness and quiet of an early late fall morning :fluffy:. It's probably the only day of the whole holiday season that I'm not rushing to get somewhere!:juggle::(

And when things do get hectic as Christmas gets closer, I can stop-- take a deep breath-- and just for a moment, go back in my mind... to that peaceful morning when life wasn't flying by so fast that I couldn't stop for a moment just to enjoy "the most wonderful time of the year! !":holiday16 ;):holiday16

For Best Buy or Circuit City, you're going to find that 4 or 5 pm is much too late if you want any door busters. You need to plan for around noon on T-Giving. Honest. And it's in the 30s on Thanksgiving here in PA.

And as Black Friday gets more popular as years pass, that time is going to get earlier and earlier.

But to answer your question, we go to Staples, OfficeMax and Office Depot, and I only go 1/2 an hour before they open and usually end up with 90% of the things I want. OfficeMax is the best -- they always have plenty of doorbusters in stock and they're organized, I go there first and I can usually go in and get out with everything in 10 minutes.

Where in PA are you? I'm in PA also, south of philly...I went in line around 11pm last year at BB...was about #70 in line....by midnight it wrapped around the building. Also, about the weather...it was rainy and freezing last year and everyone still came out...with all the line jumpers it isn't worth sleeping out in that...this year i'm reverting back to about 3am to head out (besides, i got my 32' LCD HDTV last year for $480...so i'm cool :cool: )

I posted that I would leave home at 4 am originally. We leave at that time to get to Denny's. I want everyone who is with me to have a good breakfast. I am not stopping for "I am hungry, thirsty, have to use the bathroom, or anything else. If you are shopping with me, take care of everything before you leave the house.":smart:

so disney store here in AZ is supposedly opening at 2 am (per the employee). So I'm at a loss for what time I should get there to line up.

this is my main stop this year (and then i'm on to target).

any ideas for when i should get there? i know from working at this mall the doors will be locked, but i'm wondering if i park by the main entrance if i can get in around 10-11pm.

this is my first year trying to toy shop. :gdparanoid:

in recent years past we always made it a point to go to our local walmart about 2:30 - 3:00 in the morning only to be about 75 -100 people back with the first person lining up around 10pm or so. this walmart however now will not let you line up for any early event such as game release and of course black friday before 12 midnight. If you line up before then they ask you to leave their property and will call the police on you if you do not leave. add this to their chicken **** approach to not letting their ad be seen early maybe going to walmart should be crossed off my list this year and ill just find somewhere else to line up about 2:30

It will probably be around 2:30 depending where I decide to go first. Wal-Mart is still a remote possibility which if they do have a Nintendo DS for cheap it will probably be closer to 11:00 pm. If that is what I'm after at Wally world you can bet I would try to be the first in line for that item.

Holly- don't let the posts alarm you. A lot of the people who are posting about Thanksgiving Day line-ups are usually lining up for BB or CC. There are a few places where Wal-Mart might pose that possibility. Last year was the earliest I went and it was around 2:00 am. Usually I leave home sometime around 3:00 am and have plenty of time to get what I'm after. ONE THING THAT HELPS ME KEEP UP A POSITIVE AND FUN ATTITUDE- Everything I get that day is a bonus buy. Very few things will make or break Christmas and if I feel there is something that would do that I make that store my first stop.

The wife and I used to get to Best Buy about 30 minutes before it opened, we never really were after the "big ticket" items only some "medium" ticket stuff and DVDs. I got a great deal on a Yamaha Receiver and JBL Speakers a couple of years ago (not advertised) and there was still a bunch left, but I digress.

But now that we have a 10 month old, that's probably not going to happen. I'm still debating if I (by myself) need to get there early for the X360 with Guitar Hero II. Sadly, I think the importance is dying out, and I'll probably just go when my daughter wakes me up, 7-8am.

this depends on where i am headed....... still waiting on walmart ad, toysrus, and any 'secret' sales that pop up!!~~

last year my husband called me (I was at my mom's) and told me that people were lining up in the detroit area at best buy at noonish...... (it was already nine pm) se we decided to drive out see for ourselves!~~ and sure enough lines wrapped around best buy like you wouldnt believe!~~tents set up. i was amazed being that it was my first black friday experience :eyepoppin --so we went to one super walmart and it was packed so we went to the other one and no one was in line!!!~~ whooohoooo!!~~ we asked the manager where we could sit to wait for the 5am secret sales. he got chairs for us and put us in the old layaway and then came back and asked what the sales were lol!!~~ no one had any idea on them -- lots of things all wrapped up in isles in boxes. i absolutely LOVED it!!~~ but then we were first and not last, and we were joined by others around 11 then around 1am the line was fairly long and people were all surrounding the crates not knowing what was where. (they had put things all over the store, the portable dvd players were back in the garden center it was crazy!!)

this year all depends, if deal are good we will head again around ten pm to that walmart and wait it out. we were inside so no weather plus the store was open so we could get snacks, and drinks, and the bathrooms were right there~~

too much fun :cheesy:

wendy

honestly, i still say anyone lining up thanksgiving day is a bit kooky - i don't think there could ever be a deal that would make me do that! i know a lot of people do it for cheap computer deals, but i think past years have shown that these tend to be rather poor technology with limited features, etc.

i was thinking i would just go out around 5 this year, until i found out some places are opening at 4 - ugh! so i'm still calculating when i need to leave

am i the only person who just doesn't go to sleep? that way works much better for me than trying to get up after only a few hours - i can't function!

Where in PA are you? I'm in PA also, south of philly...I went in line around 11pm last year at BB...was about #70 in line....by midnight it wrapped around the building. Also, about the weather...it was rainy and freezing last year and everyone still came out...with all the line jumpers it isn't worth sleeping out in that...this year i'm reverting back to about 3am to head out (besides, i got my 32' LCD HDTV last year for $480...so i'm cool :cool: )

I live in Berks County, between Reading and Allentown.

Luckily this year we won't be buying anything big like electronics or anything so there won't be a need to head out Turkey Day to stand in line. I'm planning on just hitting the smaller stores first like Walgreens for the HM dolls, Old Navy, and maybe Ace Hardware then we'll hit the bigger stores after the rush. So I plan on getting out around 4 am on BF - get some breakfast to wake me up!!

I hit BB last year at 6 PM Thanksgiving night and was 20th in line. By midnight there were several hundred people in line. This year I am thinking about 1 to 3 PM ish. Wife thinks I'm crazy, but my list of 8-10 items will save me over $800. Long wait, but it's kind of fun!

Tim

Still working on my strategy but it is sounding like I have to get out by early afternoon. My plan is to try to sell stuff on ebay for a profit. Maybe I can make a couple hundred bucks in a day. Has anyone else ever tried to make a profit? Did you have success? What items were most profitable?

honestly, i still say anyone lining up thanksgiving day is a bit kooky - i don't think there could ever be a deal that would make me do that! i know a lot of people do it for cheap computer deals, but i think past years have shown that these tend to be rather poor technology with limited features, etc.

i was thinking i would just go out around 5 this year, until i found out some places are opening at 4 - ugh! so i'm still calculating when i need to leave

am i the only person who just doesn't go to sleep? that way works much better for me than trying to get up after only a few hours - i can't function!

I think some of the laptops are several hundred dollars cheaper if you are one of the first people in line. So if you divide that by how many hours you spend waiting then decide if it is worth it.

I think you are crazy to go at 5 when the stores are completely packed with a line just to get in and then you are not even getting the best deals.

Just my opinion.