Official Restaurant.com Coupon/Discount Thread

Brad

Ok just so I have this clear...(I just ordered a ton of these and hope I've got it right). The ones that I ordered say minimum purchase of $35 (for a $25 gift card). So if our original order is 35.00, we use the gift card and only pay $10 correct?

Right.

Your bill will be minus the amount of the gift cert.

• 2 weeks later...
I guess I goofed up- when i called i asked if i could buy any amount and use as needed, i bought 200.00 and its 1 certificate, i thought i could use as needed, i dont need it for 1 200.00- i needed to use them in 10 or 25 dollar increments, i hope i can do something about it monday when they open.:(

• 2 weeks later...
I bought 4 $25 GC for husband's office. I bought 1 $25 GC for a friend and one for sister. I bought hubby and I one $25. All were $2. Then I bought hubby a $10 one figuring he could use it for a late lunch, dinner, etc. since it was only $3.00. Well, after putting in the code..the $15 was only 60 cents!! Nice! That takes care of 6 gifts for Christmas!! I have never bought these before so I was super happy about this deal. $14.40 total using paypal. I guess my only worry is that you print the cards yourself. I hope they are nice quality since I will be giving them as gifts. Guess I will find a good printer in the office and get to work when the codes arrive in email. Thanks for posting the offer!!!

I bought 4 $25 GC for husband's office. I bought 1 $25 GC for a friend and one for sister. I bought hubby and I one $25. All were $2. Then I bought hubby a $10 one figuring he could use it for a late lunch, dinner, etc. since it was only $3.00. Well, after putting in the code..the $15 was only 60 cents!! Nice! That takes care of 6 gifts for Christmas!! I have never bought these before so I was super happy about this deal. $14.40 total using paypal. I guess my only worry is that you print the cards yourself. I hope they are nice quality since I will be giving them as gifts. Guess I will find a good printer in the office and get to work when the codes arrive in email. Thanks for posting the offer!!!

Are Restaurant.com certificates "gift-able"? Its not really a gift certificate when the person has to spend money to get that money off..... if anything, Restaurant.com certificates are basically coupons.... just a different spin on the Entertainment book bogos.

I understand what you are saying...but to me..these would make awesome gifts! I plan on buying a few more for coworkers. Money is so tight for everyone right now, I'm sure most people would love the fact that they can go to a restaurant, buy appertizers, entrees, and desserts and only have to pay 10 bucks. Well..let's just hope they love them..because that's what they are getting from me for Christmas! hahahahaha

Does anyone know how long it takes for these to get delivered and how they are mailed? I ordered a few on the 14th and haven't received anything yet.

I am glad that I wasnt the only one confused by this. I ordered back at the end of Oct - and have been waiting for the certificates to come in the mail.

When I check back at my account the certificates are there to be printed.... so I did- but there was no email to let me know that was the process...... maybe I missed the details...

but anyway - I have them now.:)

Not a great gift idea unless you are looking to have someone spend money (unless I'm missing something). If you look at the menus of the restaurants featured, you will see that it could cost you anywhere from 25$-$50 over the top of your certificate value if you were buying appetizers and 2 entrees.

I wish there were more restaurants in my area. I would buy LOTS for me and hubby. I bought ones out of Jackson, MS. Found a cool Irish restaurant & pub there that I bought certificates for. I called first to ask if they accepted the certificates..and they said sure! Kinda hate that I bought them for Christmas gifts now. I thought it was an awesome gift but seems others don't see it as that. Sure hope the receipents do! Does anyone know if they add new restaurants fairly often?