Official Restaurant.com Coupon/Discount Thread

Brad

I bought a ton of these things early this year and was afraid they were about to expire so I emailed restaurant.com and asked if I could extend them somehow (my certificates are for restaurant.com not a specific restaurant) they said to ignore the expiration date because they were for the site and they would honor them forever...no expiration date. :) Its only the specific restaurants that have the 1 year rule.

Beware of some restaurants that you do not personally know about!

I bought my first certificate from Restaurant.com and the restaurant doesn't sell food anymore, they turned it into a bar only. The person at the door said they have contacted restaurant.com many times to try and get them to take their name off their site with no response.

So just make sure the place exsists. I also have not been refunded yet. It has been a couple of days since I contacted them.

Just got this email...

As we spend time with friends and family members and remember all the things to be grateful for this Thanksgiving, we’d like to recognize a Restaurant.com family member who we lost unexpectedly. Forrest Gibbs, 36, was a devoted family man, loyal friend and valued employee whose passion for life and work was truly inspiring.

We were very lucky to work with Forrest over the last two and half years—he always had a big smile and a positive attitude. His selflessness and commitment to our company will be sorely missed.

In order to help Forrest’s wife and three young children Restaurant.com will be donating 50% of all net proceeds from gift center sales that utilize special code “FORREST” now through December 31, 2007.

On behalf of all of us at Restaurant.com have a safe

and Happy Thanksgiving.

This site is a great one to buy teacher's gifts. You can get a $25 restaurant certificate for only $4 with this code. I just did all family gifts here when I found out they had a local restaurant everyone loves that just got added. The only restriction on the restaurant was that you had to spend $35 to use the $25 certificate - not hard to do. :yup:

Yes, you can print them out.

Be sure to read the fine print for each restaurant. For example, some require you to spend at least $50 (plus tip), for some it does not include alcohol, and some do not allow you to use them on weekends or holidays.

Yes, you can print them out.

Be sure to read the fine print for each restaurant. For example, some require you to spend at least $50 (plus tip), for some it does not include alcohol, and some do not allow you to use them on weekends or holidays.

So are there any restaurants that DON'T require a minimum? The alcohol doesn't bother me but I wouldn't want to get ones that require a minimum purchase :)

Thanks!

Yeah I'd like some help here too. I'd love to get them but have heard horror stories about them online before. I live in a small town and would be mortified if I got one of these for someone and they didn't work?? Any thoughts?

I feel the same way! I would be totally embarassed if I gave them to someone and they didn't work or if they were hasseled about it.

I ordered some of these for a small diner in my city. This diner just opened a second restaurant by my house. I asked if they would accept it even though it says only the original restaurant's address and she said they would accept it at either diner. For this place they had the $10 GC for $3 and I got one for a friend who always goes there. Also, Restaurant.com says if you get one and it is denied by restaurant let them and they will give you credit or let you get another GC I believe.

I believe your total order must be at least $35 to use the $25 GC at some of the restaurants or something like that. The $10 GC for the restaurant near me say order needs to be at least $15 to use $10 gift card which is not bad, there are some other $10 GC for restaurants in my area that can only be used for lunch and must have minimum of 2 people in party, but as long as you read them before ordering you will know what restrictions there are. Also, if you want to make sure a restaurant in your area that is listed on Restaurant. com takes them you can always call them before ordering and asking if they will accept Restaurant.com GC.

I had one place that stopped accepting them once, called restaurant.com and they immediately sent me a credit to get another certificate. No questions asked. And the original certificate was almost expired.

The ones with $35 min, you only have to spend $35 total. Then you get your $25 off that. So only $10 of your own cash. Hope that helps. :)