Official Restaurant.com Coupon/Discount Thread

Brad

I ordered about 11 of them last week during their 60% off promotion. The $25 ones were only $4 and the $50 ones were $8 each. I've used them and they've been great! It helps to do a search in your area first to see what's available. We have some pretty good restaurants included in our area. I'm only giving them to my "computer-savvy" friends and family who I know will pay attention to the fine print and all.

I think they're a great deal but they're definitely not for everyone.

Deb

I used one last night. I called to ask if they would honor it for pickup. The girl sounded familiar with them and said "sure, just bring it in and I will apply it". I go to pick it up and the manager is POed!!!. Yelling at the poor little girls working the front counter that its only for dine in. I felt bad for them, he did honor it but the total automatically added the 18% gratuity, since it was supposed to be for dine in. I was happy to have the counter girls have the tip after what I saw. All told I got a $35 take out order for like $20. The tip was 5 something of that.

I am also a former restaurant manager and very familiar with Restaurant.com from the other end. Its a TOTAL jag for the restaurants. The idea is to obviously get new customers in but people will use them every time they come in. Its the restaurants decision to be part of the program so they know what they are getting into, but I would feel bad using the same one often. It's a great deal so I just try to use them for new restaurants and ones I haven't tried yet. The places I go to regularly I try not to use them more than once a month.

Given the occasional problems with them and the attitude from employees and managers that you sometimes get I would not give them as gifts.

50% off plus free $10 certificate. Use code SNOW

Have a student at JMU? Harrisonburg Pizza Hut gift Certificates come out to $6 for $100. No minimum. Good on up to 6 pizzas, not good for lunch buffet. SWEEEET!!

Offer ends Sunday, December 9, 2007!

Important Stuff: Don't flake out! Hurry and save before this offer melts away! The code for your FREE $10 Gift Certificate will be emailed to you within 24 hours. This offer cannot be combined with any other discount, rebate or promotion. When redeeming a Restaurant.com Gift Certificate, these savings cannot be applied. Offer valid from Tuesday, December 4, 6:00AM CST thru Sunday, December 9, 2007 at 11:59PM CST.

Question - buying the $10 GC at $3/ea is cheaper than buying the $25 for $10/ea. Can you use multiple gc's one visit? Ex can I use 3@$10 or only one per visit? Trying to figure out if there is any catch to buying the $10 ones. TIA

Question - buying the $10 GC at $3/ea is cheaper than buying the $25 for $10/ea. Can you use multiple gc's one visit? Ex can I use 3@$10 or only one per visit? Trying to figure out if there is any catch to buying the $10 ones. TIA

You can only use one certificate per dinning experience. Restaurants will not allow you to stack them. Usually the $10.00 certificates are good between a certain time for example between 11:00 AM-3:00PM or for places like coffee houses and juice bars. The certificates states their guidelines for use such as DINE IN ONLY. Also, it is best to purchase certificates when they are 60%-70% off.

Hope this helps.

I think SNOW (code) expired.

I used STOCKING, I think it's good through 12/13.

Anyone using these as gifts? I don't want to give someone a gift certificate that requires them to spend $10.00 I'm thinking of getting them a $10 gift card to the restaurant to go with the restaurant.com certificate. Does that make sense?

I don't want to give someone a gift certificate that requires them to spend $10.00

I agree. I probably wouldn't buy them for someone who is unfamilar with the program, but I have friends that have been with me when I've used the certificates and even people I have told about restaurant.com before and they have shown an interest in the program. I do buy certificates for them. That way they can give it a try and see if it's something they would like to start participating in too. They already know the deal and I know they will enjoy the discount. So just be choosy about who you give them too. I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to save money, but you're right, there are crazy people out there that might not appreciate having to spend $ to save $.

Here's the scoop!

Welcome!

Save 60% and get $25 Restaurant

Gift Certificates for as low as $4.

Plus, get a FREE $20 Dale and Thomas Popcorn Gift Certificate (Voted one of Oprah's "favorite things"), with every order!

(For your convenience, your FREE $20 Gift Certificate code will automatically appear on the purchase confirmation page, the My Accounts section of Restaurant.com and the email confirmation you receive within 24 hours.)

Simply enter discount code: HOLIDAY

at checkout and hit “recalculate total”.

Well I called support and they said they would refund me the difference but to try again. This time I put the code HOLIDAY in but I did not see a recaculate button but on the screen it said $25 so I ordered. Once again it is a 50% off only coupon...their systems are down right now, anyone have this same problem?

I posted my coupon was for 50% off and not a $25 coupon but I did not put the code in, think that is the cause:

Simply enter discount code: HOLIDAY

at checkout and hit “recalculate total”.