Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Coupon Question: Target will accept those computer-printed coupons even if they are expired? How many can you use at once? Does it depend on the cashier? Is it the same policy for the Starbucks coupons from Target.com?

(There were some really great coupons!!)

not a great day today. Got DS one pair of shorts for 1.98, a cute analog clock thing that has a mirror in the middle for 2.98 for DD, a foam PSP case for hubby for Christmas for 7.48 and that was it for my clearance finds today. I did see the fouton on clearance, not sure but think it was 98.00??? I cant remember if that is the right price or not but i think it was. LOL

Just a uneventful day at Target until I hit the juice aisle,like I do every time, and SCORE-6 MM 10 packs. It made the whole trip worthwhile. It has been a long time since I have seen these.

FYI-I found the Harry Potter legos but they scanned full price.

Coupon Question: Target will accept those computer-printed coupons even if they are expired? How many can you use at once? Does it depend on the cashier? Is it the same policy for the Starbucks coupons from Target.com?

(There were some really great coupons!!)

It can be hit or miss from what others have reported. Personally, I don't use expired coupons.

Just a uneventful day at Target until I hit the juice aisle,like I do every time, and SCORE-6 MM 10 packs. It made the whole trip worthwhile. It has been a long time since I have seen these.

FYI-I found the Harry Potter legos but they scanned full price.

I was there yesterday afternoon. I made sure to look for the MM 10 packs. The section looked empty. Guess they put them out today. That was good luck. I think I will pass on going today. Thanks for the info.

Today at Target I got my pug a costume on sale for 7.99, not a great deal but its sooo cute. I was wondering if anyone knows why sometime five dollar coupons print out with your recipt. I got one today, are they random, or does it come with something you buy.

It's on www.freewebs.com/targetcoupons .

Oh I hope I can find some of the 10 packs on my trip this morning!!!

Thanks so much! Unfortunately I had to use the kiosk this morning to print off the Minute Maid coupons because I was lucky enought to find 4 packs. It took THREE pieces of paper for every ONE coupon I printed. Because I wasn't sure when/if the coupon would make it out to the generator, I printed about 8 coupons. TWENTY FOUR SHEETS OF PAPER later --UGH!!! I just hate waste even if it's not costing me. So, I took the extra sheets home with me (they are virtually blank) and will use them to print off coupons here. That is an amazingly nice coupon to have. As if 69 cents wasn't a good enough deal on 10 boxes of juice drink. NOW, I get 30 cents "extra" applied to my other purchases on the days I find the MM.

I hit a Target this morning that I don't usually go to and was completely amazed to find 2 multi packs of the cheap Puffs (78 cents for 4 boxes) and 2 multi packs of the cheap Kleenex ($1.24 for 4 boxes). I also found THREE 2-packs of the Back to School Clorox wipes ($1.48 for 2 large containers). Used the $5 Puffs coupon and some other manufacturers coupons too. Very cheap trip!

Hmm....I am sure that is the DCPI for the photo printer but when I put it into the inventory thingee, it tells me that it doesn't recognize it. Any ideas why?

This happens with a lot of things. I for one haven't figured out any rhyme or reason why this happens.

Looking for school supplies in various cities/states while I'm traveling from Iowa to South Carolina.

Some of the cities I'll be hitting - Davenport, IA; Peoria, IL; Indianapolis, IN; Louisville & Lexington KY; Knoxville, TN; Asheville, NC. Next week I'll be hitting Atlanta as well.

I am buying school supplies for a school overseas and still looking for some items I've not been able to find at a nearby Target. Does anyone know if there is still a fair amount left in any of the Targets along my route? I am particularly looking for folders, calculators, index cards, pencil bags, highlighters, locker shelves.

Before I left SC a few weeks ago, the markdowns on school supplies were not the greatest, but I was able to catch the Fiskars kids scissors for 47 cents each!

I got the 40 piece Chef Mate apartment starter set for $7** that someone posted here...love it when it's tagged higher priced but scans less :) Also got a Calphalon cook set for $34**!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's still in the car cause it's too heavy for me to lift, but I'll try and get the numbers for it later

those college black futons are STILL over $100 here....they have like 10 of them too!

Looking for school supplies in various cities/states while I'm traveling from Iowa to South Carolina.

Some of the cities I'll be hitting - Davenport, IA; Peoria, IL; Indianapolis, IN; Louisville & Lexington KY; Knoxville, TN; Asheville, NC. Next week I'll be hitting Atlanta as well.

I am buying school supplies for a school overseas and still looking for some items I've not been able to find at a nearby Target. Does anyone know if there is still a fair amount left in any of the Targets along my route? I am particularly looking for folders, calculators, index cards, pencil bags, highlighters, locker shelves.

Before I left SC a few weeks ago, the markdowns on school supplies were not the greatest, but I was able to catch the Fiskars kids scissors for 47 cents each!

Anderson IN has ALL clearanced school supplies gone now. Dunno if they sold out or went to salvage but last week had lots left and now it's cleaned out and the shelves are empty.

I overheard an interesting conversation today between two stocking associates. One was saying that he was told to clear it all out.. the other said yes,he told me to throw it all away including the Shabby chic stuff. :eyepoppin: WHAT???? THROW IT AWAY?????????? :rolleyes: I SO wanted to ask them if they really meant throw it away... but when they saw me they both took off and went down another aisle. Hmmm... dumpster diving may be a new sport I might have to take up :sidesplit :sidesplit :sidesplit

I overheard an interesting conversation today between two stocking associates. One was saying that he was told to clear it all out.. the other said yes,he told me to throw it all away including the Shabby chic stuff. :eyepoppin: WHAT???? THROW IT AWAY?????????? :rolleyes: I SO wanted to ask them if they really meant throw it away... but when they saw me they both took off and went down another aisle. Hmmm... dumpster diving may be a new sport I might have to take up :sidesplit :sidesplit :sidesplit

LOL tried that a bit in Cali, uh too scary for me and now a days most big retail stores have compactors it all goes into. Darn it....

They still had index cards by the box load at several stores I have visited, and many still had a lot of folders. If you don't see them, you might ask for the store manager and see if they are pulled. They might still sell them to you even if they are off the shelves. Can't hurt to try.

FYI. I went to Vons (Safeway) this afternoon, and found 64 count crayons and a few other school supplies 75% off. So you might try there as well if they have them in your regions of travel. They are in the stores whose school supplies are stocked by Staples. The crayons were $1.25 each.

School supplies have all gone salvage here and have been pulled from the floor. I have had some luck finding unmarked items mixed in with the regular office supplies in the aisle. Just look for items with slightly different packaging. I have found 24 pack sharpies mixed in with the 25 packs, bic round stick grip pens with that say bonus 2 free on the package, and a few other items that I can't think of right now. They scan as "Item Not Found" so you should be able to get them for next to nothing.

Also over in hardware I have found lots of combination padlocks that scan at 75% off mixed in with the full price ones. The packaging is slightly different and the bar code is different. The full price locks have a picture of 4-5 locks on it showing how secure it is, but the $.98 locks do not. The pic is on the let hand side towards the top of the lock, if I remember correctly.

The HP A310 photo printers do not show up on the inventory locater. I tried both the DPCI and the ASIN. What I did is go to a Target and have them look in the computer to see if any other stores in the area had any. When they asked if I wanted them to call the store that showed some on hand, I said no because I didn't want an employee at the other store to discover the great deal and grab the rest for themselves. I drove across town to the store that showed 4 on hand, but when I got there they had none. I am guessing they had a full case in the back room that isn't scanned into a shelf location since the I had the girl in electronics check the computer and it still showed 4 on hand. Oh well. At least I found 8 of the MM 10 packs today (although I forgot about the new coupon).

I KNOW THAT THERE IS A GOODWILL VERY NEAR MOST OF THE TARGETS HER IN GREENWOOD AND SOUTHPORT IN. I HAVE BEEN THERE AND THEY SEEM TO GET MOST OF THE SALVAGE STUFF. I HAVE GOTTEN SOME REALLY GOOD DEALS ON STUFF WHEN GOODWILL HAS A HALF PRICE SATURDAY ON STUFF FROM TARGET.