I know what Wal mart did!

sinvids

I know everyone is disappointed in Walmarts sales this year. I was waiting for this weeks flyer to come out and when I didn't see one, well, I wasn't happy. I was hoping for another BF2, just to get some more stocking stuffers, but well, another big flop. But then I starting looking for the gifts I'm missing on the Walmart website, and well you have to admit, Walmart is cheaper than most toy stores this year. I only have Wm and KB toys nearby, and WM is kicking their butt when it comes to prices. So the way I figure, they don't have to have sales, just give all the people the great prices from now until Xmas. I'm still saving money, and don't have to mad rush to grab things like I had to on BF.

Anyone else have comments on this?

I still think not putting an ad out is a big mistake. Personally, even though I KNOW that WM prices are good, I just got done sitting down with my fliers and post-it's to mark what I need to get this week, and when I'm out running around, I probably won't even go IN to WM cause I don't have an ad for them. Maybe I'm a minority in this way, but I really need the visual reminder this time of year. And yes I know that WM price matches, but I've noticed that a LOT of stores are doing percentage off sales, and WM does NOT pm those. With the cost of gas, it isn't cost effective for me to run to WM to check the price of the item I want and then go to the other store...blah blah blah

anyway, I do think there is something to what you are saying here, but I still think it's a flaw in WM's marketing this year. Didn't I hear something last week about WM getting rid of their marketing people from this year? THAT would be one of their best steps....that and bringing back LAW....

We only have Walmart (a small one) Kmart, Meijer and KB toys nearby, but most people drive the hour to the other major stores who were having sales. Yes Walmart is the cheapest place here for most things too. But by putting an ad out you may see something you hadn't realized you "need" and go in there and of course you don't go into walmart and walk out with only the one thing that you "needed". Plus there are plenty of toys and electronics that usually sale at the same retail prices everywhere, unless someone has a big sale on them. Which is what I thnk most people were looking to walmart for this weekend. But I thought it was next weekend that was supposedly the big sale weekend with Walmart and best buy, ect...

I typically find that KBtoys prices are somewhat inflated. They're usually a last resort for me if I'm looking for something.

I've grumbled a little bit in another topic about how Wal-Mart's ads frequently list items as being "everyday low price", but to be fair, their prices usually are lower than other stores. Excluding sale prices at other stores, of course.

We have our Walmart within a 2 mile radius of K-Mart, Meijier, Bigg's , Johnny Toy's, Kolh's and TRU. With all the competition you'd think they would have been the cheapest, but they weren't by a long shot. They only other place that was more expensive, as far as toys go, was K-Mart.

Meijer has had some great deals, PM's, and has also given me price adjustments on PM for other stores for items I've bought in last 30 days.

I only shop at WM if I have to anyway. Customer Service at our's is really lousy.

I think a lot of smaller towns only have Walmart and maybe one or two other choices of store is the reason why they are doing what they are. Luckily for those of us that live in larger cities we have more choices and don't have to give our money to Walmart.

Before our Kmart closed they were my first choice then Target because it is so conjested trying to get in/out of Walmart and also find parking. Now my first choice is Target which is closer then Walmart if I abosolutly have too.

I have a Walmart and a Target directly across the highway from one another and personally I would rather pay a few cents more for the same item in Target then deal with Walmart. Our Walmart is filthy, no associates around when you need help, the aisles are always blocked with pallets, 500 people on line and they are letting cashiers shut down and go home... the list goes on and on. Target on the other hand is the polar opposite. Walmart just isn't what it used to be.

I typically find that KBtoys prices are somewhat inflated. They're usually a last resort for me if I'm looking for something.

I've grumbled a little bit in another topic about how Wal-Mart's ads frequently list items as being "everyday low price", but to be fair, their prices usually are lower than other stores. Excluding sale prices at other stores, of course.

That's why I am glad our KBToys is an Outlet!

This year - KB was not as good as the other stores - my sisters and I usually love KB the day after thanks and this year they did not match up to the other sales.

Has anyone complained to Toys R Us about the new - no receipt no return policy???

We have 4(2 big 2 small) within 25miles of either direction, 3 km, an 2 targets Target by far has the best sale and clearance, I prefer thier kids clothes over the other two also, I can at least wash them more than once b4 they shrink, pill or fade. At 8am on BF I pulled into S-WM parking lot and it was almost bare! Most of the BF specials I wanted were on the shelves still.

I have noticed that none of the walmarts are as busy this time of year as normal I wonder if they are gonna be shocked when they see the final totals.......so far I haven't seen too many good deals this season there at all

I agree, they haven't been nearly as busy. Makes life less aggravating for me, anyway.

Last night, I still saw some of the basket displays full of BF "deals," believe it or not. :rolleyes:

I think they play us really well. One year they start the sales really early so people who wait it out get crappy deals after Dec 1st. The next year they give the best last minute deals (like last year) and the people who buy early can't return them.. keeps you guessing so they balance out each year. i bought early this year so I'm lucky, and last year I bought late so I was lucky too. I think it's all planned this way. If you see the flyer on their website for this week, it's pitiful. I feel sorry for anyone who has to do their shopping a week before Xmas.

I too noticed that Walmart was definitly not as busy this year on BF. Last year, it was crazy. There were so many people gathered around the BF pallets that they put out that you couldn't even get a cart through there. This year, there was barely anyone crowded around the pallets. In my opinion, their "sales" have been bad all year and as for being the cheapest, I don't really think they were. I agree that in November, they dropped the prices on some things but Target's sales have put Walmart to shame. I just don't see how dropping prices and not advertising it does any good. Commercials are great but I agree that a paper ad is the most effective way this time of year.

Has anyone complained to Toys R Us about the new - no receipt no return policy???

Why complain? It's because of people taking advantage of that fact, and returning toys to TRU that were bought elsewhere. I don't see why so many people feel they need to complain about this. It's just TRU protecting themselves.

As for the OP, the only toys I have bought at Walmart was something I wanted to pricematch from Target(Target was sold out of the item) and 2 Leapster games that were on clearance.

I have a Walmart and a Target directly across the highway from one another and personally I would rather pay a few cents more for the same item in Target then deal with Walmart. Our Walmart is filthy, no associates around when you need help, the aisles are always blocked with pallets, 500 people on line and they are letting cashiers shut down and go home... the list goes on and on. Target on the other hand is the polar opposite. Walmart just isn't what it used to be.

HEY!! I think we have the SAME WM!! haha That description fits mine exactly. Add in a messed up, nightmare of a parking lot and I'd swear you were in Iowa. Hmmm...right down to the Target being across the highway.........

I finally caved and went into WalMart yesterday. It was on the way home from a birthday party and I needed flour and sugar for baking and WM is cheaper than the grocery store. Hubby waited in the car with the napping kids and I went in. It was extremely empty for the second to last Sunday before Christmas. There were no crowds to fight and no lines at the four open checkouts. I had to wait behind one person. If this keeps up, WM is going to be in serious trouble. I was in Target on Saturday evening and it was busy, but not as busy as would be expected. I wonder if online shopping is having an impact?

I finally caved and went into WalMart yesterday. It was on the way home from a birthday party and I needed flour and sugar for baking and WM is cheaper than the grocery store. Hubby waited in the car with the napping kids and I went in. It was extremely empty for the second to last Sunday before Christmas. There were no crowds to fight and no lines at the four open checkouts. I had to wait behind one person. If this keeps up, WM is going to be in serious trouble. I was in Target on Saturday evening and it was busy, but not as busy as would be expected. I wonder if online shopping is having an impact?

My Walmart is not like that. I went yesterday and all the lines were long including self checkout and express.

The WM by me is always full. You have to wait in the lines, even tho

all of the lanes are open.

I am there 530am shopping. Get it done and out of there, before all the others

get there.

I went tonight with my neighbor.

She needed to look at 4 things and found them all. They were

re stocking the shelfs all over the store.

As we were leaving, they asked how we did on shopping as did we find

everything. I could not find one thing, the lady gave me a gift card for

Julie

Why complain? It's because of people taking advantage of that fact, and returning toys to TRU that were bought elsewhere. I don't see why so many people feel they need to complain about this. It's just TRU protecting themselves.

As for the OP, the only toys I have bought at Walmart was something I wanted to pricematch from Target(Target was sold out of the item) and 2 Leapster games that were on clearance.

I barely every return anything....But I will not buy toys for presents at TRU because of their return policy. I do not want to give a gift that may be defective or broken and you cant return for even the same toy!! Their policy is ridiculas. I guess if I was good at keeping my reciepts it would not matter so much, but I am not!

Call it a complaint if youd like, but I know that policy is going to hurt them.