Walmart WOULDN'T price match!!!!

mom2twoblessings

My WM wouldn't let me PM the GBA from CC. I ended up getting the micro but am going to return it. It's too small. They said no pricematch on GM today but tomorrow we could. I'm going to return the micro tomorrow and get the GBA.

oooohhh they also PULEED everything else so you couldn't even attempt to price match...right down to CDs and movies.

I can't believe they would pull the items! I didn't look around long enough at our Walmart to see if they did anything similar. I guess since Target's sale is technically a 2-day sale, I could check tomorrow on some things.

I only wanted to PM a Vsmile cartridge to Target's ad, and I had no problems with that. I don't know if our Target put them out just for today, but the one I wanted was not in stock on Wednesday night, and I wasn't going to go through all that for one thing they might not have! The Target is next to Kohl's and that parking lot was crazy at 5:30!

I asked someone in toys, and they said yes they would PM as long as I had the ad. I put it right on top of my stuff and told the cashier "They said you would price match this Target ad." And that was it...no hassle even because Target wasn't even opened yet. Maybe I should try PMing other days of the year! lol

I put my story about pm'ing in another thread in here. Summary: The one we went to said that they weren't pm'ing. We were in line between 2 customers who pm'ed. Went to CC, lines were ridiculous, so we grabbed the ad and headed back to WM. Got everything we wanted (including an item in the CC circular that was OOS when we got there), had some trouble pm'ing, but did get out of the store with the pm's :D

Anyway, it's ridiculous that they pulled the stock. Not everyone goes to different stores, and not everyone buys only sale/doorbuster items, so way to lose some more sales there, WM!

Guest abercrombieboy2
we didn't pull any merchandise from our floors at my store. we had no problem pming items as long as they were identical items and if they were on sale durring a specific time at the store we followed the same rules at our store. Not sure why any walmart would have pulled their merchandise....I know my toy dept was bare this morning on some items so your store may have just been out of the item. Did you ask for help??

we didn't pull any merchandise from our floors at my store. we had no problem pming items as long as they were identical items and if they were on sale durring a specific time at the store we followed the same rules at our store. Not sure why any walmart would have pulled their merchandise....I know my toy dept was bare this morning on some items so your store may have just been out of the item. Did you ask for help??

Yes, I asked. The guy got a puzzled look on his face and said "that's funny, we had a ton of them lastnight".....Now, what mystery person could have bought all those copies of Prison Break when the store was closed until the store opened this morning?? lol- And alot of items that could have been price matched, which they ALWAYS have in stock were suspiciously not there, however, the shelf tags were. I have a feeling if I go back tomorrow (Saturday) that the items in question will most certainly be there, as if by magic!!:cheesy:

And the silly twit that rang me up- "Walmart doesn't price match"- rofl- she got schooled by the manager after arguing with me for a couple of minutes.

(I ended up pm'ing 3 cd's and a couple of Bratz- saved about 50 dollars).

Guest abercrombieboy2
well it sucks that the cashier hastled you about the price match. I was eager to match the prices...pretty much meant that our ad was bigger when we honor other sales ads....if someone else had it on sale well so did we. Luaghing! I'd rather have the dollars spent in my toy dept versus toyrus or target. what item had they pulled off the shelfs? And yes I had some item like my bratz dolls that I had whole endcaps full of and in 30 minutes time it was empty. so large quanitys of items can sell out quickly.

Guest abercrombieboy2
gotta remember that we have hundreds of shoppers hit ares such as the toy dept all at once and they are grabbing everything. Now if it was before say 530am they I don't understand really why it would have been empty....tis the season I guess.

I was in Michigan City, IN and a lady had about 8 GBA SP and wanted to price match with CC, I told them that was unfair because I just seen them Price Match the same GBA for someone else, but she didn't have 8 she only had one. But the point is there were no signs that said you can only PM one item. I told the manager and he blow it off like it wasn't a big deal. Oh well....love & hate of Wal-Mart :) :yuck:

Our walmart pulled all the box set off the shelves, as I watched them after I had gotten CSI which I priced matched and then turned and the simpson's were gone. When I asked I was told anything that had a huge price differance was removed from the shelve so they didnt have to PM, The same with the GBSP which BB had for 99.00 at 1:00am they where there, I didnt need any but when I told a women about the Pricematching and she went they were all gone, Now mind you there were not many people in the store at 1:30-2:00 am so go figure

My walmart did not want to price match either. I had picked up 4 gb micros for my kids. WM price was 39.99, TRU was priced for 34.99. I had the ad and everything! The cashier gave us a hard time and was rude. She told us " Well I can ring it up at our price or you can take yourself over to TRU if the $5 means that much to you ". I was ticked! After explaining to her that the ONLY reason we came to walmart at 4am rather than go to TRU was the fact that they DO pricematch, asking to speak to a manager ( who she only called on the phone and refused to bring to the register), we just said fine and paid $22 extra for them. We were not getting anywhere with this lady. :mad:

On the way out we swung by the customer service desk. Two ladies working there. One said no price matching at all on BF, the other whispered "We always price match" and proceeded to refund the extra money to us. I could have hugged her! Not really about the money but for the aggrivation we went through.

I really hope they get their policies worked out for next year. Between the confusion on price matching and asking 5 different associates where items were and getting 10 different answers, along with items all together not even being there for sale... they could have done better!

We to one Walmart (where we had a LAW) and was told no price matcing on any doorbuster items. Asked to speak to the manager and he backed it up, saying that corporate had told them no pricing matching on DB specials this year. I called two Wal-marts withing 30 min. of each other and both said they were price matching DB items as long as it was the same item and you had the ad. We went to one of the other Walmart's in our area and had to re-shop for all of our items. It was a pain, but in the end we did get to PM everything we needed. Now I just have to go return my LAW!

Wal Mart would not price match here in ND either. I was trying to buy one toy that Target had on-sale. So I politely told the lady I didn't want it then and I'd go to Target and buy it from them. I don't understand why stores don't price match on BF. You'd think you'd want your store to take in the money instead of your competitor, it makes no sense to me. Oh, and Target had no "Early Bird" specials so that shouldn't have been an excuse. Oh well, I went to Target and bought the item with no problems.

I was caught in the same mess! Two out of three local Walmarts woudn't pricematch period or wouldn't pricematch blitz Items. I called the regional manager and complained. Not only did I do that but I also encouraged all the people trying to PM to do that. Long story short. The third Walmart did pricematch and I made it a point only to buy things like PS2 Games / Dvd's and expensive games........ CSM had to come over 3 times to verify............ Please call and complain.......

Our walmart pulled all the box set off the shelves, as I watched them after I had gotten CSI which I priced matched and then turned and the simpson's were gone. When I asked I was told anything that had a huge price differance was removed from the shelve so they didnt have to PM.

When I tried to PM, the cashier told me that he didn't think they were PMing today. He called someone and asked if they were pming vhs (even though everything I had was dvd. lol) He then comes back and says they said to pm vhs, I'm not sure about dvd. I asked him if they even carry vhs anymore. (I didn't notice vhs, but I guess they do carry them.)

I PMed a South Park Season 8, Grey's Anatomy Season 1, Seinfeld 1 & 2, Ice Age 2, House Season 1 and Memoirs of a Geisha. I wanted Rescue Season 1 but they didn't have it.

When he got to House Season 1, it was reg. $46.84 and I PMed it at $12.99. He said I'm not sure I can do this and called a CSM. He told the CSM that the operator said they were PMing VHS but since he had already started PMing my dvds, that he would finish it out.

Between BB and PMing at Walmart, I saved over $200 on boxed sets. :D

I went back around 10am to PM a Sandisk player for $34.99. I saved $40 for doing that. I had no trouble in electronics PMing it. They were very nice about it.

Sorry to hear about your PM issue at WalMart. The guy in my local electronics dept (Andy) and the manager were awesome. They let me PM the GBA SP and a number of games and movies. They even let a few people in line with me use my CC add to price match for themselves.

While I am admittedly not a Wal-Mart fan (typically) service like this will make me rethink that in the future.

Andy is a credit to service at a time when chaos was all around (minutes before the 5am Black Friday launch, where people were throwing elbows!!)

I am so sick of WalMart. First the ads and now the PM situation. We didn't even attempt WalMart this year because of the lackluster ad, but I am so sorry for all the horrific customer service they provided to you all this BF.

Hope your voices are heard re: the PM issues!

My friend and I got to our Super WM at 3, just in case there was a crowd (not!) and so we could find items on other ads to PM. Out of 5 or 6 on the list, I only PMd 2 things. They didn't have the others (wrong size for some things, and completely missing others). Man, this is the first time I tried really hard to PM items so we could skip other stores, but it just wasn't happening.

Also, at 3:30, we bought sodas to drink while waiting, so I figured I'd ask the cashier if they were PMing - and she got this confused look on her face and ended up calling over a couple other cashiers and eventually a manager who told them they were PMing. I had no trouble getting what I wanted PM'd - but it was only bandaids (Hello Kitty for 99c vs 3.19 - my daughter loves playing with bandaids!), and a Sudoku machine they had at Target. Saved $5 on that (although I was going to Target anyway, but had g/c to spend there. I figured I'd just save money either way...

I just priced matched the GBA (pink) at Walmart. Its the first time I ever PM'd anything there. It took 'em a while to get a CSM over to approve it, but I got it at the Circuit City price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

And I almost forgot the best part - I was wearing my Gotta deal t-shirt!

There were big pink signs haning on every checkout that said "We pricematch!"

Nothing missing from the store.

MIL said it is up to the store manager, our store only PM's stores up to 45 miles away and we're lucky they do that because there is NO local competition.

I had no problem PMing at the WM I went to. I even told some people getting the GBA about the PM and what the CC price was. When I went to check out I had the CC ad and the cashier said .. "you must be the one letting everyone know how much CC price is!". I just grinned. But she was nice. I was trying to find the ad to PM Family Guy Season 3, and she said .. that's okay .. I know how much the other store is charging for it cause I've already done one this morning.

I was out of WM by 6:45am.

Guest CS.Dean
tried to PM on a Circuit City ad yesterday and could not. Went back to the same store tonight and did it with video games. I guess it depends on who is working at the time and how bad the store manager is pushing to get the sales. They must have been hurting after yesterday.