More Santa gifts or gifts from the parents?

EmmyNavasMom

Does your child(ren) recieve more presents from you or from Santa? Is there a set # of Santa gifts or parent gifts? Does Santa bring the most wanted of presents or do you give those?

In the past few years it didn't matter at all because DD4 was too little to even think about asking who gave what so all presents under the tree were hers. She didn't care who they came from. :) This year I'm sure she'll notice how many presents Santa gave vs. us. Or who gave her what, ya know?

Growing up we received four gifts from Santa, one we would take to a local shelter so they would have gifts for children that may come during the year.

Other gifts were from parents.

DH on the other had when he was growing up received all from Santa, well he also received one gift from his mom.

He likes my mother idea best for when/if we have children.

In my family most of the gifts come from Santa. But my DD knows that toys from Santa are not free. She knows that I go see Santa few months before Christmas and tell him things that she wants for christmas and pay him for some of the gifts that they receive. And weeks before she knows that I bring in gifts for them as well. We also take a name of the angel tree for a child around the ages of my children.

I was making them all from Santa until last year when I was informed that I was doing it wrong LOL. So last year I made em all from us except one bundled package, for example 3 of em got gameboys so I wrapped them and 2 games apiece and tied them together.

Makes much more sense so when they act up I can say NO I bought that stuff under the tree. :tongue1:

Also I was able to go ahead and put their things from me wrapped under the tree as I bought them so it made the tree look alot nicer.

My kids claim they are too old for believing in Santa. Can't wait till grandbaby gets here next year! Then I can do the santa thing again.

My mother is having a ball with my nephews lol. They are 5, almost 3, and 1. Next year she will be living with the 1 year old and his parents, and she is already talking about Christmas 2007!

Santa brings everything here...except for the gifts from the grandparents (they have 4 sets of them). They do know that the g-parents buy those and they are normally the most expensive things that they want so we can buy them more. They usually get about 7-8 presents each from us and 2-3 from the grandparents. Luckily they did not need clothes this year so they got everything they asked for between us and the g-parents!!:D

I read about this idea several years ago, past the time when my sons were non-believers:

Only one gift per child comes from Santa. If circumstances in your life (layoff from work, mounting debts, etc.) make it difficult financially to purchase a number of gifts, at least you've set the precedent that Santa only brings one gift. Explaining to your child that your family situation precludes tons of gifts is easier if they know that Santa only brings one gift and the rest come from the parents.

Most everything is from Santa. Usually, I take the second most expensive thing and make it from Mama and Daddy. Although, sometimes my husband will go out on Christmas Eve and buy them each one or two more things to be from us. He always feels left out because he really has no input on what they get.

My 2 boys also get each other one thing. My oldest son is 5, and we just got his gift for his 15-month-old brother today. DS had a great time going to the store to pick it out and giving the cashier the money and then hiding it in his closet until we wrap it. Those gifts usually cost about $10.

I even use different wrapping paper on the gifts from Santa vs. the ones from us. With DS#1 being 5, I can't take any chances on him catching me. This year, I even have someone else handwriting the letter Santa leaves behind every year. And, usually when Daddy gets home on Christmas Eve, he picks up the packages 'mailed by Santa' (left on the front porch by me) that contain pajamas...I think this year I am actually going to have to mail them instead of just making them look like they were mailed. I was thinking of just mailing empty envelopes though and then having daddy put the pajamas in them and bringing them in!

Usually if it's a more expensive gift it comes from us because we have told our kids Santa can't get such high priced things (like X-Box or whatever) since he has so many kids to give to. But if we get games to go with the game systems they come from Santa, they're wrapped in wrapping paper with Santas all over it. When they (well just our youngest now) see that paper he knows it's from Santa. We also give them a gift from Mrs. Clause, usually a set of hat and gloves maybe socks too. I just giggle and tell him that's the mother coming out in her so he has to wear them! LOL

Most everything is from Santa. Usually, I take the second most expensive thing and make it from Mama and Daddy. Although, sometimes my husband will go out on Christmas Eve and buy them each one or two more things to be from us. He always feels left out because he really has no input on what they get.

My 2 boys also get each other one thing. My oldest son is 5, and we just got his gift for his 15-month-old brother today. DS had a great time going to the store to pick it out and giving the cashier the money and then hiding it in his closet until we wrap it. Those gifts usually cost about $10.

I even use different wrapping paper on the gifts from Santa vs. the ones from us. With DS#1 being 5, I can't take any chances on him catching me. This year, I even have someone else handwriting the letter Santa leaves behind every year. And, usually when Daddy gets home on Christmas Eve, he picks up the packages 'mailed by Santa' (left on the front porch by me) that contain pajamas...I think this year I am actually going to have to mail them instead of just making them look like they were mailed. I was thinking of just mailing empty envelopes though and then having daddy put the pajamas in them and bringing them in!

This is how it is at my house too. Except the mailed by Santa thing. Christmas will be so much easier,though not as much fun, when she stops believing in Santa.