Convenience: How bunched up are your stores where you live?

Guest ladakn99

Guest ladakn99

How bunched up are your stores where you live, here is an example of mine

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i161/ladakn/BF.jpg

I live in a small town. We mainly have Super Walmart, Big Kmart or whatever it's called, Staples, RadioShack, and a Sears appliance outlet. Those are all about 10 miles from my home. Another 20+ miles beyond that, there are stores like BestBuy, Circuit City, Kohl's Penny's, etc. All the bigger-named stores. I mainly shop at the Kmart and Walmart. I rarely, if ever, shop in the next town over. Too much of a hassle (distance, gas usage, heavy traffic, crowded stores/parking lots..... my list of excuses goes on and on).

most of mine are right around the corner from each other...we are starting at Best Buy to get the comp (hopefully) and then heading across the street to Target... after Target we'll hop in the car and go to the mall to hit Boscov's, JC Penneys and hopefully KB, then its back in the car to Circuit City... most of the stores are within a 1/2 mile of each other thankfully...the only part that sucks is the traffic

It'll take about 45 minutes (one way) to get Walmart. K-mart is next to walmart. And Radio Shack and Lowes are across the street from them.

Then it's 45 minutes back home, and then 90 minutes from home to the city where we can hit KB Toys (There's an Office Max there as well, but I don't need anything from them).

Then it's 1.5 into West Virginia from there to get to a Best Buy, Target, and/or Toys R Us.

2 more hours just to get back home.

Gotta love country living!

in one parking lot we have:

Kmart

home depot

next parking lot is:

Dicks

walmart

circuit city

lowes

joanns

next parking lot is:

Best Buy

Comp USA

Michaels

Babies R us

Target

Next parking lot:

The mall

And this is all 10 min from my house :woot2: :woot2: :woot2:

Our stores are all over the place here.. gotta go east for one, west for another, south, north .. well you get the picture. Either way we have a short drive. Just have to split up.. one goes one way and the others go another. I'm thinking on taking a longer drive and have hubby go same way. It will take us longer to get there but there are more stores bunched together so we can hit them all. That may take us like 45 minutes to get to where we are going. Nicer people in that area too.. I hope! :giggle:

WM is the biggest retailer in this small town, and is 27 miles from me. Down the street about a mile from WM is a Sears appliance outlet, JC Penney's, Radio Shack and Big Lots. Walgreens is right across the street, and K-mart is across town. That's about it for this town, the next closest for Target and mall stores is a two hour drive, and the closest BB, CC, and other stores is a three hour drive.

WOW! Some of you are pretty close to being in retail heaven. I live in a small area and we are just getting some great stores. We now have a Target and a new Kohl's (my new favorite store for bargains). But on BF I will be shopping in PA. They have a bigger variety of stores and a lot more to chose from. Our little mall here is a zoo on BF and I don't mind driving for an hour and a half to do most of my shopping in one day. It is really worth the trip for me.

I have Toys R Us, Best Buy, and Comp USA in the same strip mall- about 2 miles from me. Another couple of blocks is the mall, another mile in the opposite direction is another mall. 3 miles east of 2nd mall is Office Depot, Target, Old Navy, Walmart, and Circuit City- in the same strip mall. :eyepoppin

I've got BB, Target, Bed Bath and Beyond in one plaza, and just before that there's Wal-Mart, all within about 2 mi.

The nice thing is that they've supposedly opened another BB at a massive mall here (very popular place for BF) so I'm hoping that will diminish the crouds at this older, smaller BB :tongue1:

I'm in the center of 4 different cities/towns and all of them take me 25-30 mintues to get to. I always do all my shopping in one city because it's the largest and has the most stores. To hit walmart first it's a 20-25 mintue drive depending on how fast I drive, then to hit the rest of the stores or the mall it's about a 30-40 minute drive and if I want to go to a different shopping center in the same city that has some different stores that is about a hour drive.

Gotta love country living here also Spotted1!

I usually go to my mothers in michigan (muskegon) for Thanksgiving, the stores there are in the worst configuration in the country.

At on intersection you have, the 2 year old mall. On the 2nd corner you have Menards, Circuit City, Best Buy and Red Lobster. The 3rd corner of the intersection is TRU, Barnes & Noble, Old Navy and kohls.

the road is 4 lane, it would take maybe 8 minutes to walk from the the furthest to stores.

1 exit on the highway, last year I went about 2 am, it took 45 minutes to go the last 2 miles in blowing snow, I think they said it snowed 6 inches from 2am to 5am (lake effect from lake michigan).

The only saving grace is the nearest WM is 4 miles away :)

Here in Moorestown, NJ, we have the following stores all within walking distance:

Best Buy

Comp USA

Circuit City

Home Depot

Old Navy

K-Mart

Boscov's

Sears

KB Toys

EB Games/Gamestop

Macy's

and 2 Targets 5 minutes each way from these stores

They are relatively close for the most part, but I prefer to shop at my favorite stores - although there is a Target right down the road from the Walmart that we will start out at, we prefer a different Target - We will be all over South Western, PA.