What is your theme for your Christmas tree???

momof5plus1hubby

we dont have a theme. we use teh same ornaments year after year and they are a mixture of things. however, my daughter has her own little tree that goes up in her room. its a pink one and its the disney princesses. I think i got it from target a couple years ago, the day after xmas for like $5. it has the disney princess ornaments and this year she is oging to pick out her own to add to it. She is so excited, lol.

We buy a new ornament every year to sort of mark that year, then decorate with all of those plus any filler we enjoy. This year it is still up in the air, we normally chop down a tree at a local farm but I think we're going for an unsheard Douglas Fir this year, which is great for some large ornaments and stringing/bows.

My tree is a different theme every year. This year I am going with white lights and handmade red and white angels and clear glass balls that have had swirls of white glitter and red paint added to the inside of the balls. Topped with a red angel tree topper.

Outside everything is going to be in red lights with red bows. My bush outside will be done in white lights and I will have my traditional blue star out that I have every year.

My tree is a different theme every year. This year I am going with white lights and handmade red and white angels and clear glass balls that have had swirls of white glitter and red paint added to the inside of the balls. Topped with a red angel tree topper.

Outside everything is going to be in red lights with red bows. My bush outside will be done in white lights and I will have my traditional blue star out that I have every year.

WOW that sounds really pretty;)

My 1st tree with my husband was a purple and silver decorated tree Oh it was soooo pretty, but many yrs and 3 children later we really dont have a theme our tree is this beautiful hodge podge of ornaments the kiddos have made at school and about 8 yrs ago I started a tradition of giving the children a tree decorating gift which is an ornament i picked and put their name on the theory is when they get married and have their 1st Christmas they will have a starter collection of ornaments from their childhood yrs...so our tree is a lil bit of this a lil bit of that and a whole lotta love....

Last yr the hubby realized the two of us didnt have a lot of ornaments to put on the tree ourselves so now we both buy each other an ornament that way when the kids are gone and married we wont have a bare tree! :D

Last year was red and silver balls on a white tree in our living room. No tree this year unless there are a few good deals to be found. We want a nice tree that will last us a while. We are going to hope for good luck for after Christmas sales if not before Christmas.

We also have ten ornaments for each Christmas we have been together that we hang on a small mini tree in our bedroom.

We have a few 'sets' of themed ornaments. But for the past few years we have been making candy wreaths every year to use as the main decoration. This year we will have the candy wreaths, strings of popcorn and cranberries.

The candy wreaths sound so pretty. I would love to see what they look like if you have a pic.:)

My theme is purple and silver. My mom has a snowman theme. Her Christmas tree is filled with snowmen..It looks really cute.

:holiday07 :holiday07 :holiday07 :holiday07 :holiday07 :holiday07

One year after Christmas I found purple lights at Target and that following year I had a purple themed tree. I had purple lights, purple bows and some white decorations to add with the purple bows. It was so pretty.

I collect snowmen and I put them out every year. My MIL got me started with the first snowman she gave me for Christmas 19 yrs ago and every year she gets me one to add to my collection. Along with all the ones I purchase for myself! :D

We have a Disney themed tree. We have a green Tinkerbell topper and skirt. Every ornament on the tree, with the exception of 3 (babies first Christmas) are Disney. I buy a couple new ones every year.

We also do plain white lights so they don't take away from the ornaments.

Oh, I got in touch with my girlie side this year. It is PINK!!!! and candy/gingerbread/cookie and ice cream.. basically a sugar tree!! I am usually very tradtional( red & gold), but threw caution to the wind this year. I have been on a search for more ornaments( I have a 12' tree) and ball shaped light covers to give it some "pop". All the bows are pink/white and irradecent, gumdrop and candy garlands, sugared cookie ornaments, frostinf snowflakes, chocolate cookies... and pastels sugared balls!!! I guess I am a little excited!!

My theme is purple and silver. My mom has a snowman theme. Her Christmas tree is filled with snowmen..It looks really cute.

:holiday07 :holiday07 :holiday07 :holiday07 :holiday07 :holiday07

Mine is a plain old fashioned Christmas tree, the ornaments are generally the old fashioned blown with lots o glitter, I have noticed that I am leaning more toward trees and santas. I like to have the typical red, green and gold round ornaments as filler and the rest as the focal points. I usually purchase the collectable ornaments (Radko, Waterford, Polenaise, etc) then use the others as fillers. I try to buy one a year after they go on sale the day after Christmas, I've quite a nice collection now.

Oh and while back I was in Marshalls and they had some of last years Waterford ornaments marked at $7.99, normally they were $75.00!!! I was a happy camper. By Waterford, I don't mean the crystal ornaments, I'm talking about the hand blown old fashioned ones.

Sounds like this is going to be one cute tree! You will definitely have to share a pic when you get it decorated!:)

Oh, I got in touch with my girlie side this year. It is PINK!!!! and candy/gingerbread/cookie and ice cream.. basically a sugar tree!! I am usually very tradtional( red & gold), but threw caution to the wind this year. I have been on a search for more ornaments( I have a 12' tree) and ball shaped light covers to give it some "pop". All the bows are pink/white and irradecent, gumdrop and candy garlands, sugared cookie ornaments, frostinf snowflakes, chocolate cookies... and pastels sugared balls!!! I guess I am a little excited!!

The last 5-6 years I've done a theme for my Christmas decorating including the tree & the rest of the house. Last year was blue & silver, the year before I graduated from college (at 38) in December so we decorated with maroon & gold (school colors). This year I think it will be red and white and kind of modern with abstract snowflakes and lots of metallic or glittery ornaments.

I have many trees. I have had to start putting them up already because if I don't I will never get it all done. Boyds Bears, Coca-cola, Nascar, Americana, snowmen, Son has spiderman and star wars, daughter has bratz princess and barbie, Blue and silver(2), and green and silver with ivy, also have one that is red and gold.

I love the Rankin/Bass animagic christmas specials like Rudolph and I collect Rankin/Bass stuff so this year the tree with have a Rankin/Bass theme - Rudolph, Frosty, The Year WithOut a Santa Claus and Santa Claus is Coming to Town. Should be pretty cool - Gotta love those Miser Brothers - lol

This is the first year that I'll get to have a Christmas tree because the last 4 years we either didn't have $ or our dogs would have destroyed it. I bought some lacey snowflakes. That is as far as I've gotten though:( I will probably do silver, blue, and white with the snowflakes and maybe some small blue and silver non-glass balls and mix in some snowmen :)

My mother has bought me and my brother and sisters an ornament every year since birth, so I have all of those plus I continued the tradition and have done the same for my kids. I also buy whatever I like toput on the tree. I usually do white lights so thatthe ornaments really stand out. My tree topper is one that my mother brought back from Germany(along with some BEAUTIFUL ornaments)a few years back. I have so many ornaments that I usually have to decide what to leave off becaus we run out of room. I also use the long strands of red beads and wind them through the branches and ornaments. It takes ALOT of time, but well worth it in the end !! It turns out sooo pretty we hate to take it down each year- which explains why it is usually still up towards the end of January:p . I also make my own wreaths to hang outside and on the door.

So many of your trees so pretty!!! I wish I had the space to more than one!! I would love to see pics of some of these decorated trees..

I was buying some ornaments last weekend at Wal-Mart and noticed tons of pink ornaments. Have you looked there yet?

My main tree this year is going to be various shades of purple/eggplant, silver, and black/slate grey. I'm still trying to find an embellished black tree skirt. If I don't find one today I guess I will be making one.

Amie