What is your theme for your Christmas tree???

momof5plus1hubby

victorian, with ribbons, etc. Usually blue or white lights. But, we keep it as simple as possible... Usually, we cut the tree fresh from our woods the day before christmas, put it up that day, then I take back down the day after Christmas and feed it to our pet goats.

My theme is purple and silver. My mom has a snowman theme. Her Christmas tree is filled with snowmen..It looks really cute.

:holiday07 :holiday07 :holiday07 :holiday07 :holiday07 :holiday07

Oh I would love your moms tree. I just love snowmen.

Not sure what our tree will be this year. Probably use the stuff we did last year which was a real pretty blue mixed with white.

can someone help me understand why you want to use colors on a christmas tree that makes it look like easter or the fourth of july, i dont get the point of that. If it's christmas shouldn't it be xmas colors, you know red and green or an assortment of colors, not pastel ones either. not trying to offend, just trying to understand

I have theme trees every year. Last year i had a fall tree, with ambers, greens, oranges and pheasants. I had pine cones also. My topper was fall leaves and a large pheasant with its tail feathers going down the tree, i kept adding to it. It was really nice looking. White lights only.

This years its a multi color tree with fushia, blue, green, and Peacocks. I bought all the peacock ornaments I could find at Target this years.

Next year I wanna do Targets black and white theme. I totally loved the tree, but my husband refused to buy a white christmas tree when we just bought a multicolor tree. :gdparanoid:

I love christmas and am sure when my kids get bigger i will have to do things differently. :sigh:

i used to have a nice collection of disney ornaments, every year after christmas i would go and let my son pick out 2 hallmark ornaments, but with little ones in the house they thought they would be fun to play with and there went that. so now i'm doing just plain balls, but i think i'm going to go with the blown glass look this year i still have a small box filled with glass decorations and i'll just pick some more up, i like the blue garlins around the house and white on the tree. now all i got to do is make sure the dog stays away from it because this will be her first christmas, lord help us. lol :gddogwoot:

Oh, I got in touch with my girlie side this year. It is PINK!!!! and candy/gingerbread/cookie and ice cream.. basically a sugar tree!! I am usually very tradtional( red & gold), but threw caution to the wind this year. I have been on a search for more ornaments( I have a 12' tree) and ball shaped light covers to give it some "pop". All the bows are pink/white and irradecent, gumdrop and candy garlands, sugared cookie ornaments, frostinf snowflakes, chocolate cookies... and pastels sugared balls!!! I guess I am a little excited!!

PINK! my favorite. I did pink last year but someone stole all my ornaments :mad:

Sooo I've been having fun collecting pinks, a lil red and a lil lime green this year. Check out pier one they have a great selection of pinks and reds. They also have a great gold and copper selection and a blue and green selection. If you sign up at their site they will e-mail you a 20% off any reg. priced item coupon! :yup:

No theme, we go with fake tree's and have always had green but last year bought a white one. I loved it, we will use it again this year too. The ornaments are all hodge podge, i want to one day go with a theme but not sure what I want to have, maybe winnie the pooh, I do have a few of those ornaments on the tree now.

The last few years we have not had a theme it has just been whatever made it on the tree ... which I am not fond of. My favorite tree was when my kids were little bitty we had colored lights, salt dough ornaments ... all different shapes in primary colors, primary color bows that went from the top and ran down the tree. Most of our stuff now is blue.

We are flipping after this year to Disney though. DH fell in love with Disney while we are there and I think he is well on his way to becoming as big of a Disney freak as I am. I am hopeing to find twinkle lights and buy a new tree topper this year (Disney ... hoping to find a Cinderellas castle) Over the next year I will be buying disney ornaments. We have decided to backdate and buy Enchanted Places ornaments from the year we were married 2001.

DD's tree is going to be University of Texas stuff. DH and I have decided to buy her a few ornaments this year and then one a year each year after so that when she graduates she will have enough UT ornaments for a large tree. Unfortunately I probably won't be able to find them on sale ;). I found WWE stuff for DS this year that I am going to order for his tree since that is what he is into at the moment. Both the kids will be getting new fake trees after Christmas this year, we are hoping to find orange lights for DD's tree. :)

Well...here goes...

Kitchen tree (small 2 1/2-3ft tree) has gingerbread/gingham/farmy ornaments.

Family Room (full size rotating tree) - I teach so this tree is full of all the ornaments kids have given me over the years. I love remembering them as I put the ornaments on. This room has a snowman/snowball theme.

Foyer - (corner tree) Victorian tree with pinks and ivory. This is a Santa themed room with all my collectible Santas.

Son's room (small 2 1/2-3ft tree)- mylar-ish ornaments

Living Room - Our "main tree" and only real live one! This tree is a mix of ornaments my son has made over the years and ornaments from places we've travelled (like Disney:) ) over the past years. It also has family ornaments passed down from grandparents. This year we are adding an ornament from Annapolis (my son went to lax camp there this year). Nothing matches and I love it! - This room has tradiditonal red and white snowflakes and Santas in it.

Office tree (small 2 1/2-3ft tree)- This is decorated in small satin balls primarily in red and yellow since the office is Disney themed. This is also where all the Nutcrackers go.

Our bedroom (small 2 1/2-3ft tree)- silver tree with blue ornaments - just because I think a silver tree is fun

Bathroom - Fish- themed so hard to decorate but I usually put santa hats on the fish on the wall...lol And a little tree on the back of the toilet.

My last tree is outside and is a lit up mesh tree I got from JCPenney last year. We have light up gift boxes and bags around it.

Guess it is time to start decorating...lol

Well...here goes...

Kitchen tree (small 2 1/2-3ft tree) has gingerbread/gingham/farmy ornaments.

Family Room (full size rotating tree) - I teach so this tree is full of all the ornaments kids have given me over the years. I love remembering them as I put the ornaments on. This room has a snowman/snowball theme.

Foyer - (corner tree) Victorian tree with pinks and ivory. This is a Santa themed room with all my collectible Santas.

Son's room (small 2 1/2-3ft tree)- mylar-ish ornaments

Living Room - Our "main tree" and only real live one! This tree is a mix of ornaments my son has made over the years and ornaments from places we've travelled (like Disney:) ) over the past years. It also has family ornaments passed down from grandparents. This year we are adding an ornament from Annapolis (my son went to lax camp there this year). Nothing matches and I love it! - This room has tradiditonal red and white snowflakes and Santas in it.

Office tree (small 2 1/2-3ft tree)- This is decorated in small satin balls primarily in red and yellow since the office is Disney themed. This is also where all the Nutcrackers go.

Our bedroom (small 2 1/2-3ft tree)- silver tree with blue ornaments - just because I think a silver tree is fun

Bathroom - Fish- themed so hard to decorate but I usually put santa hats on the fish on the wall...lol And a little tree on the back of the toilet.

My last tree is outside and is a lit up mesh tree I got from JCPenney last year. We have light up gift boxes and bags around it.

Guess it is time to start decorating...lol

Oh My Goodness!! :)

I admit it. I am a Christmas freak. :fluffy: Fortunately my husband and son are very patient pulling all the boxes out of the garage each year.

I should add that I do have a policy that every room with a tree also has to have a nativity. I even have a small acrylic nativity in the bathroom. I want to be sure that everyone who comes in my home understands that I know what the true meaning of Christmas is. My home is not overly large but this is the one holiday I go all out.