Name Brands Ipods

bbberta

My 16-year-old has his heart set on an iPod for Christmas this year. My experience with BF is that they usually have off-brands only. Anyone think I'll be able to find an iPod for sale on BF or should I just go ahead and get one now?

Thanks!

My 16-year-old has his heart set on an iPod for Christmas this year. My experience with BF is that they usually have off-brands only. Anyone think I'll be able to find an iPod for sale on BF or should I just go ahead and get one now?

Thanks!

iPods should definately be on sale for BF. They had plenty last BF, and some cheaper deals should be commin' your way this year. And BF isn't ever just about generic off-brands. Sure, the most cheapest stuff is gonna be the not-so-famous brands, but there's tons of name brand stuff out there. Look through what was offered last year and see. :D

My experience with teenagers is this, if the say ipod, they mean ipod. I could be wrong but if I were you I would make sure an off brand is ok with your son first. But if he wants ipod specifically, if you goto apple.com and click on education discount, you can get them a little cheaper. They also sell refurbished ones which carry the same warranty as a "new" one. As for anyone having the actual ipod brand on bf cheaper, I would be surprised if they did. Last year when my son wanted his, I looked on bf and the stores were actually sold out! I ended up ordering through apple.com education store. :D Once again, I could be wrong though, you never know!;)

Ipods who really cares. You can get a 4gb nano for $150. What a joke and a waste of money. You can get so much more for your money than an Ipod. But all the kids what them because that's what the media has shoved down their throats. Sad really it is.

I have an Ipod and I love it! It was the best thing I have ever bought! Anyway, on Thanksgiving day last year at Meijer they had the Ipod shuffle for $100 with a $50 rebate that came in the form of a Meijer gift card. I think $50 for an ipod shuffle last year was pretty good! So, there will be good deals like that this year as well.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wo/0.RSLID?mco=32DAAC51&nclm=Certified

If your kid just wants the name "iPod" then here is a link for a re-furbished ipod shuffle for $29 bucks with a 1 year warranty. I think the shipping on that was $4. This is a way for the kid to get what they want and for you to save a lot of money. Now, the shuffle just plays the tunes as a playlist or in random order. There is no screen to go right to a certain song, but there are other deals on that page as well.

If the link does not work, simply click on go back to the apple store and then scroll down and look to your left. Click on refurbished iPods and you will get the list of what they have offered. Hope that helps.

I agree I wouldn't buy anything over $100 for a 9 year old but for a preteen 12 and older I would go with what they asked for. My foster daughter has a ipod mini refurbished and she payed a little over $100 for it.. You can not tell it was refurbished and the deal was sweet!

Tina

Ipods who really cares. You can get a 4gb nano for $150. What a joke and a waste of money. You can get so much more for your money than an Ipod. But all the kids what them because that's what the media has shoved down their throats. Sad really it is.

Actually for kids and first time owners (kids and adults) the Nano is perfect. I know several adults who don't need all the frills and the Nano is great. I bought my son the Nano for christmas. I realize there is better, but why spend the money or go for the extravagant iPod when its for a child? While you may be right that there is better out there, as parents we understand kids don't need the "better"ones and the price is right. I for one am happy with the Nano.

What do you think is better and ipod or an mp3 player? Stupid question probably but all I know is they both play music.

IPOD is an MP3 Player.

MP3 is a file format for music.

IPOD Audio formats supported: AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3 and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF and WAV

I think Apples music store sells music in file formats of AAC only

MP3, AAC & WAV are the most common formats, thus most all music players support these formats, but still not all!

I bought a Creative last year and I love it. It isn't as pretty as the iPods, but I don't care. I have the $14.95 / month subscription to Napster to Go and add new tracks to my mp3 player daily for free. I save a ton of money over buying music track by track. To me I'd rather have a less cool looking player and get as much music I want. My daughter has an iPod and hates it because she can only afford to buy a few tracks a month for the price I pay monthly for Napster, and you can't use Napster to Go with an iPod. My daughter hasn't picked up her iPod in over a month - instead she sits at my desk and uses my computer to listen to music through Napster over my computer speakers. The only problem I have with Napster to Go is that you can only use two mp3 players with each subscription. I have one and my husband is getting one for Christmas. If I decide to get another player for my daughter I will have to buy another subscription.

I have the $14.95 / month subscription to Napster to Go and add new tracks to my mp3 player daily for free. I save a ton of money over buying music track by track. To me I'd rather have a less cool looking player and get as much music I want.

This is all well and good but what happens when Napster goes out of business(i use when because Napster is loosing money hand over fist) . Your left with nothing but your daughter owns the music she bought. And don't forget you can rip your own cd's and cds you get on sale (on most mp3 playes) which is much more economical than either the subscription or itunes.

We looked at Ipod vs others last year and back then and if I remember correctly found that the Creative Zen used the same Hitachi hard drive as the Ipod (so there was no difference there) the case on the Ipod stood up a little better than Creative, but Creative had a battery that you could replace yourself and battery life was longer...

We went with the Creative 'cause it was tons cheaper and not much of a difference...

I got the kids a nano last year at BB. The stores all have them for the same price and can't mark them down but all the stores give something with them for BF. BB gave a $25 Itunes card.Some stores gave a charger.Just watch the ad.1 good thing with Ipod even without Insurance you get 1 call to them if there is a problem and in my case it was a simple fix ( my daughter had downloaded from a friends computer and it messed everything up. They helped me erase everything and load it again.

The new Zune seems like it has some dark dark secret hiding under its shiny exterior.

When an MP3 player has giant billboards in Hollywood it's desperately trying to get your attention.

It's the first item of it's type that Microsoft has ever sold. They are going all out to grab their share of the market while people are looking to spend those Christmas / year-end bonuses. I played with one at Circuit City, and it was nice, but not earth-shattering. I still liked the Creative Zen Vision: M better than the Zune. The screen was nicer, IMO, on the Creative and the menu system was easier to use. I haven't seen the new iPod videos with the updated LCD, so I can't speak to their quality.