nintendo ds lite

ajforeveryoung

I got this at TRU last week in a bundle for $170 with tax. It included 2 games and the starter kit. Has anyone bought this? I need to know if I should get another one for my 9 year old boy. I got the fitst one for my 10 year old girl. Do you think there will be a better deal on BF? Please give me your input. I also want to know if it is worth the $.

Thanks,

AJ :cheesy:

Was this just a weekly sale? I'm hoping tru or someone else will run some similar specials. I need to get two of them for dd 7 and ds 4. They are going to be so excited plus it will make the 8 hour trip to Il to visit family after christmas go faster for them.

Amy

I got this at TRU last week in a bundle for $170 with tax. It included 2 games and the starter kit. Has anyone bought this? I need to know if I should get another one for my 9 year old boy. I got the fitst one for my 10 year old girl. Do you think there will be a better deal on BF? Please give me your input. I also want to know if it is worth the $.

Thanks,

AJ :cheesy:

I also bought the bundle from TRU last week. It came with a Shrek game and an Over the Hedge game. I spent $200 because I also got the new Nintendogs with a free case as well. There's a post further down regarding the DS too. There's a 45 day return policy so just keep everything packaged, in the bag, with the receipts. It's one of the better deals I've found (thanks to this forum!). That bundle price ended last saturday.

Can anyone give me any information on this? My 8 year old wants this because of the new Nintendogs thing they came out for it. I'm trying to decide if I really want to buy this for her or not. Anyone think this system will go cheaper than the 129 it currently is? I am buying her a computer for Christmas ( so I wont have to share mine anymore) and this is starting to look like a very expensive Christmas for her. Any information and opinions on this system is appreciated.

The system came out in June and has been an unbelievably brisk seller, so no, Nintendo will not lower the price this holiday season. Keep in mind that the system does not come bundled with games, and the average price of each title is about ~$34.99, you may, however, find some nice deals on games this Black Friday.

Can anyone give me any information on this? My 8 year old wants this because of the new Nintendogs thing they came out for it. I'm trying to decide if I really want to buy this for her or not. Anyone think this system will go cheaper than the 129 it currently is? I am buying her a computer for Christmas ( so I wont have to share mine anymore) and this is starting to look like a very expensive Christmas for her. Any information and opinions on this system is appreciated.

You might want to consider the original DS as people are thinking they might go on sale. I have the original (I'm 54 and DH/DD got it for me for my birthday about 1.5 years ago) and I have no problem with it at all as far as screen brightness, etc., but I do like the bigger stylus on the Lite because of some arthritis in my hands. So I just bought some spare ones and use them with my DS. Since she is only 8, she wouldn't have that problem. Not the latest version, of course, but it might be something that won't break the bank for you.

BTW.......I just bought Magnetica and love it!! Of course, I love Zuma on PopCap, so this is just a fancier (and much harder) version.

I am trying to find a reasonable one for my 10 yr old daughter. She wants the pink one, and the Nintendogs game. I am SO HOPING that it is on sale this yr! I would even buy the regular DS!

Keep checking TRU. I've found that they've had the best deals so far.

Check out walmart.com. They have a bundle called "Customer's Choice" -- you pick your DS, choice of game (3 games are at no charge, several others are an additional $10) and either a carrying case or a car charger for $149.65.