Fights on Black Friday

momof5plus1hubby

My experiences with BF have been that people are rushing to get stuff, but if it's already in someone's hands, then it's off-limits. However, I would not be opposed to cracking someone upside the head with my choice product if they were trying to take it from me. :)

I guess you are talking about actually assaulting you with their fists or something worse. Unless they are talking to me while they swing, I cannot be expected to assume that they just want an item. For all I know they want my wallet or just want to hurt me for fun. If someone is a danger to me I'll defend myself, but that would probably start by dropping whatever is in my hands. I'd also have to stop if I thought the person was no longer a danger to me. You can't really argue self defense with an Elmo in each hand while you stomp on someone's head.

If you are talking about someone just grabbing something from my hand or cart and running away, all I can do talk to Security about it. There is nothing they are doing that justifies attacking them. They are not stealing from me since I haven't bought anything yet. I would probably try to get the item back by using Security and management or otherwise make their shopping trip miserable. I hate to see other people get what they want by being rude to others. I don't know though. I wouldn't want to mess up the rest of my own trip.

Is that a long enough answer for you?

You can't really argue self defense with an Elmo in each hand while you stomp on someone's head.

:sidesplit Thanks for the giggle.

For me, I'd defend myself, but I would probably not attack anyone who'd taken something from me. I'd be peeved and do what I could to get it back (security, other shoppers, etc) but it's just an item - it's not worth my life or my health/wellbeing.

I have a funny story, its not really about fighting but taking things from carts. I was in a Walmart a really long time ago after I guess Halloween. I really was not into sales etc, just a young pup but anyway there was this cart there with a bunch of candy bags. They were selling all the bags of candy for a quarter apeice so I was sorted through it when a woman starts shouting and running up to me, I must looked at her funny and of course, everyone stopped and was staring at this woman. I guess it was her cart that I was sorting through....LOL There must of been a hundred bags of candy in that thing! I just set everything back in there gently and went over to the other carts but everyone was snickering at this woman for having this meltdown over chocolate! Of course, several people mentioned they thought it was one of the carts that has been put out with candy it it too so I didn't feel that bad.....She didn't hit me but geez, you think I was stealing her Elmo or laptop the way she yelled! LOL

When I do clearance shopping at Target, I always bring someone else with me (if I can) and they stand at my cart and I just go into the aisle and pick what I want and bring it back. I usually make my husband do it since its kinda of big and no one would bother him. They do ask him where he got such and such a thing and he laughs and tells them to find me! We are in a smaller area and clearance use to not be that crowded but in the last year its amazing how many people have caught on! No fights yet. I did hear about some at our local Walmart over the laptops and was surprised but combine hot deals with early morning and no coffee, most people are cranky!

I have a funny story, its not really about fighting but taking things from carts. I was in a Walmart a really long time ago after I guess Halloween. I really was not into sales etc, just a young pup but anyway there was this cart there with a bunch of candy bags. They were selling all the bags of candy for a quarter apeice so I was sorted through it when a woman starts shouting and running up to me, I must looked at her funny and of course, everyone stopped and was staring at this woman. I guess it was her cart that I was sorting through....LOL There must of been a hundred bags of candy in that thing! I just set everything back in there gently and went over to the other carts but everyone was snickering at this woman for having this meltdown over chocolate! Of course, several people mentioned they thought it was one of the carts that has been put out with candy it it too so I didn't feel that bad.....She didn't hit me but geez, you think I was stealing her Elmo or laptop the way she yelled! LOL

While she was buying all this candy, I hope she also stocked up on toothpaste. :sidesplit

That's what we have the buddy system for. Person 'A' grabs for the items while person 'B' sets up a defense perimeter. :D

But, seriously, if I had the last doorbuster item and someone suddenly attacked me to get it from me, I'd fight back. Not necessarily cuz I won't give up the item, but because it's self defense.

While she was buying all this candy, I hope she also stocked up on toothpaste. :sidesplit

My thoughts too, oh and I thought how is she going to eat all that before it goes bad. I didn't know that choc freezes really well....doesn't work for hard candy but I get extras after the holidays and keep it in the freezer. Its always funny eating halloween snicker bars in July but candy is candy...LOL

a woman starts shouting and running up to me, I must looked at her funny and of course, everyone stopped and was staring at this woman. I guess it was her cart that I was sorting through....LOL

Naah, she's just the crazy lady who wanders around the store yelling at people whenever they take stuff out of the specials cart. :jester:

Normal me would probably say something smart a$$ as I was giving them whatever and end up in a fight over that. :violin: Course now when it is the last whatever and my child wanted it and I wanted to make sure they had it we move into insane momma territory and the we would have to have a come to jesus meeting ;). So BF since I shop for the kids falls under insane momma territory and chances are they would not get what I had. :insane: