>>> Official NINTENDO Wii Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

We picked up our Wii tonight! Wow, this thing is FUN FUN FUN. We got Zelda, Need For Speed and Monster 4X4(comes with the steering wheel). This thing is just so damn neat. Of course we have to put it all away and hide it before the kids get up in the morning as it's one of their Christmas presents. We'll probably end up taking it out and putting it away every night for a few weeks at least.

Oh yeah, you can buy wii points right through the console as long as you have your connection set up(we have wireless). I already downloaded Mario 64 as that is what my 5 year old wanted.

well I just got done with wii sports, and did the fitness test (BTW I am 61 in Wii age :mad: )

I'm quickly deciding the sports game may be for the younger crowd :tired:

I am REALLY amazed at how accurate the motion sensors are, was not expecting half what they are! Hopefully they last awhile @ $40 a piece

I thought I'd drive by Fred Meyer here just after midnight. Talked to the security guy at the door. He told me they were officially closed but only let in the first 48 people who had been waiting in line. Apparently they had 48 Wii's tonight that were sold out. Not sure when the next batch will arrive.

David

Guest Deals4Mommy
My aunt is a manager at TRU. She says there will be more Wiis available besides the preorders on Sunday at 9AM. Please, note, this may not be the case across the whole US, but does apply to IL.

:smart::yup::D

Was at my local Fred Meyer from 1130am till the Midnight opening. They passed out 54 tickets at ~1115pm. At that point a handfull of people left, although some stayed despite not getting a ticket. Quite a few more showed up after that and they promptly left as well. I was #21.

I'm too tired to play, and the wife may not let me keep it anyway :(

http://www.thefujitas.com/pics/wii.JPG

Um......Unless they screw me over and sent an e-mail that says item is not in stock.....Microcenter.com has the wii for sale. I tried for 1 1/2 hours this morning and the system kept giving me problems.....just now it let me all the way to check out and said would ship in 1-2 days....................I will be REALLY mad if this is not the case, will keep you posted!

My wife went to a Meijer store with our SIL and put their names in a raffle. You had to enter the drawing between 8-11PM, and be present @ 12:01 AM to win. They had 15 to sell, My wife's name was drawn!

We didn't want one, and our SIL really did, so she gave it to her...after SIL paid, lol.

My wife went to a Meijer store with our SIL and put their names in a raffle. You had to enter the drawing between 8-11PM, and be present @ 12:01 AM to win. They had 15 to sell, My wife's name was drawn!

We didn't want one, and our SIL really did, so she gave it to her...after SIL paid, lol.

I am sure people will disagree with me, but i kind of like the raffle idea. I went to get a 360 last year at Walmart, and they didn't tell you where they were handing them out until the last minute. Let's just say that the aisles were trashed, more cops were called in and it was just chaos. At least with the raffle, you don't have to run and get in line unless your name is called.

How many Wii points did Mario 64 cost and how long can you play it for?

Mario was 1000 Wii points and you get to keep it forever. I linked my Wii points account with my "My Nintendo" account so it will be on record that I downloaded it, even if for some reason my Wii get's formatted I can just redownload.

2000 Wii points cost $20. So Mario cost me about $10. Also, you don't have to buy Wii points at a store, you can do it right through the Wii with your credit card, which is what I did because I totally forgot to buy a Wii points card when I got the Wii, I was REALLY excited.

Don't get too excited about TRU having them. This is what it says on their site:

"NOTE: Release dates, pricing, and bundle components are tentative and subject to change based on availability at launch. Product is not guaranteed on release date. Orders are shipped on a first-come, first served basis due to limited supplies and indeterminate launch quantities."

Called customer service...they told me that they are sold out of inventory. They would not guarantee a ship date.

Good luck to those of you who ordered.

Michelle

Well I am home with my 2 Wii's YES!!!! It was a lot different standing in line for 3 hours to get a Wii verses 28 hours for a PS3 that I didn't even get! So I put all my money back in the bank (had Cash) and wouldn't you know it the manager came up to me and told me " I knew you stood in line and didn't get a ps3 and we have a 20 gig in the back if you want it. I had to turn it down because Radio shack charged me for the 2 wii's I didn't get and canceled so I didn't have enough money:((((

Tina

is Microcenter a decent site to order from?

Microcenter is a real brick and mortar shop, so you should be fine ordering from them. Just make sure it's actually microcenter ;)

I called around and everyone sold out of them. I really didn't think there'd be enough people in line to buy them out everywhere.

Ok i have a question for all you game buffs out there.I just bought the Wii.The memory card for it was $39.99.The lady told me to wait and get one on BF for sale.Does this thing take any kind of memory card and if so what am i looking for?Exact name please.Im not to good when it comes to this stuff.Thanks

Ok i have a question for all you game buffs out there.I just bought the Wii.The memory card for it was $39.99.The lady told me to wait and get one on BF for sale.Does this thing take any kind of memory card and if so what am i looking for?Exact name please.Im not to good when it comes to this stuff.Thanks

You can use a SD memory card for the Wii.