What items are you hoping to score deals on this year?

Brad

I’m in shock. 
Beorn actually reached out to me with a gift request. Finding something for him is usually a guessing game, more often not received as well as I hoped, but always appreciated.

Anyway, he’s requesting a new Magic The Gathering four deck set which is on preorder right now. It’s Doctor Who themed. I already have both his Hanukkah and Christmas gifts, but I can keep this in mind for his birthday next summer, if he doesn’t get it before then.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to find deals on trading card games? This is a category that’s new to me. I definitely have until mid-Summer before needing to purchase.

We are giving our daughter and niece a trip to Disney World and Universal Studios for Christmas.  We won't go until the end of January though.  So, I am hoping to score some good deals on Disney Gift Cards.  I know Sam's Club usually has a 200.00 or 500.00 one on sale every year, so hoping that continues.  

I also hope to score a deal on a Paw Patrol Switch game for my nephew.  Other than that, I just need some makeup and nail stuff for my daughter and a few other small gifts for other family/friends.

I am also looking to get a deal on luggage (I need one and then we need one or two smaller bags for things such as toiletries, deodorant, etc.)

I've honestly done a good bit of my shopping already because of sales and clearance items I've found throughout the year.

Actually going to be keeping an eye out for an Apple Watch deal... Wasn't necessarily planning on that but my Fitbit's been nothing but frustrating since Google took them over (sadly). I'm having to charge it sometimes multiple times a day (and I am far from alone). Kind of defeats the purpose of having it... They've also basically killed the scale I'm using, so yeah. Done with Fitbit. A shame, too. I really liked their stuff pre-buyout. Worked great. 

On 10/9/2023 at 2:16 PM, Gator Pam said:

I’m in shock. 
Beorn actually reached out to me with a gift request. Finding something for him is usually a guessing game, more often not received as well as I hoped, but always appreciated.

Anyway, he’s requesting a new Magic The Gathering four deck set which is on preorder right now. It’s Doctor Who themed. I already have both his Hanukkah and Christmas gifts, but I can keep this in mind for his birthday next summer, if he doesn’t get it before then.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to find deals on trading card games? This is a category that’s new to me. I definitely have until mid-Summer before needing to purchase.

I talked to my son about this last night.  He pre-ordered his this past weekend, and said he was a little worried because Wizards of the Coast is telling retailers there may be shortages even for pre-orders.  So hoping he'll get his when they release Friday. 

Something interesting though, he said these don't really have an MSRP, but they go by Market Price.  He looked last night, and the 4 deck set was $40 more than when he ordered it a few days ago.  So that's a little crazy!

I'm not sure about deals for card games.  He has a few places he orders his decks from, and then he buys individual cards from an eBay-like marketplace.  

If you aren't buying until summer, hopefully the "newness" will have worn off and they will be easier to find and market price will be less.

Let me know if you want me to ask him more questions.

On 10/9/2023 at 1:16 PM, Gator Pam said:

I’m in shock. 

Amazon has some deals now on Magic cards...

Amazon Deal: Magic: The Gathering Trading Card Games
https://www.amazon.com/deal/7d851c4f?showVariations=true&ref_=cm_sw_r_apan_dlpg_bc0AlCEisORns

3 hours ago, bluebear said:

I talked to my son about this last night.  He pre-ordered his this past weekend, and said he was a little worried because Wizards of the Coast is telling retailers there may be shortages even for pre-orders.  So hoping he'll get his when they release Friday. 

Something interesting though, he said these don't really have an MSRP, but they go by Market Price.  He looked last night, and the 4 deck set was $40 more than when he ordered it a few days ago.  So that's a little crazy!

I'm not sure about deals for card games.  He has a few places he orders his decks from, and then he buys individual cards from an eBay-like marketplace.  

If you aren't buying until summer, hopefully the "newness" will have worn off and they will be easier to find and market price will be less.

Let me know if you want me to ask him more questions.

If he could possibly let you know if he does see it go much lower in price anytime before mid-July, please let me know.

28 minutes ago, dantegirl said:

Amazon has some deals now on Magic cards...

Amazon Deal: Magic: The Gathering Trading Card Games
https://www.amazon.com/deal/7d851c4f?showVariations=true&ref_=cm_sw_r_apan_dlpg_bc0AlCEisORns

Thank you, I checked them out. No deals on the Doctor Who set.

On 10/2/2023 at 7:41 PM, Kanyon71 said:

Not a whole lot. Maybe some travel deals. We already got the new TV (old one died). Have the newer consoles. We are looking for travel deals to go places with our daughter for her presents. 

I was thinking about that this year. A vacation present for the family. They really dont need much or I am not spending the kind of money for the crazy gifts they may want. It is a great experience and family bonding 

On 10/10/2023 at 9:04 AM, wittenlover said:

Actually going to be keeping an eye out for an Apple Watch deal... Wasn't necessarily planning on that but my Fitbit's been nothing but frustrating since Google took them over (sadly). I'm having to charge it sometimes multiple times a day (and I am far from alone). Kind of defeats the purpose of having it... They've also basically killed the scale I'm using, so yeah. Done with Fitbit. A shame, too. I really liked their stuff pre-buyout. Worked great. 

Off topic,  but on a similar note, I'm so annoyed with Nest after Google took them over. They took a once easy to use app/system and have turned it into a PITA! 😒

• Like 1

New kids Amazon tablet for my 6 year old. My almost 8 and 11 year olds is getting whatever sales Walmart has on their iPhones through Straight Talk (hoping for the iPhone 12 for $199). Gaming chair for my almost 11 year old. My 13 year old wants Airpods and a bunch of different gift cards to her favorite places (Ulta, Bath and Body Works, Amazon, etc). My husband and I are looking to go back to Verizon so probably will snag the new phone deals through Walmart that comes with the gift cards. Other than that some toys for my 6 and almost 8 year old. 

I have resisted the Airpod craze for years and years. First because I have to have earbuds with those cushions and the original airpods just weren't comfortable to me. However, my hubby asked for a pair last year and I got him the new Pro version on BF at Walmart. He doesn't ask for much specifically so I was thrilled I actually had some guidance and jumped on it. I never tried them until a couple months ago when I didn't have my pair on me while we were traveling so he let me use his - and I was blown away. Seriously how have I missed these in my life? Or was it my other headphones were just that bad??? 

So I am going to be looking to snag some Airpod Pro's this year - unless anyone has a recommendation for another pair that sounds even better? I'm gonna be honest - I have used cheap buds all my life and thought they were just fine - then I tried the airpods and realized that is exactly what those other cheapies were - fine. I want spectacular. 

• Like 2

On 10/18/2023 at 1:03 PM, nikkilugi said:

I have resisted the Airpod craze for years and years. First because I have to have earbuds with those cushions and the original airpods just weren't comfortable to me. However, my hubby asked for a pair last year and I got him the new Pro version on BF at Walmart. He doesn't ask for much specifically so I was thrilled I actually had some guidance and jumped on it. I never tried them until a couple months ago when I didn't have my pair on me while we were traveling so he let me use his - and I was blown away. Seriously how have I missed these in my life? Or was it my other headphones were just that bad??? 

So I am going to be looking to snag some Airpod Pro's this year - unless anyone has a recommendation for another pair that sounds even better? I'm gonna be honest - I have used cheap buds all my life and thought they were just fine - then I tried the airpods and realized that is exactly what those other cheapies were - fine. I want spectacular. 

Apple just released the over the ear headphone type AirPods. You may have to find a store to try those out too

• Like 1

On 10/17/2023 at 6:46 AM, jtitus2014 said:

New kids Amazon tablet for my 6 year old. My almost 8 and 11 year olds is getting whatever sales Walmart has on their iPhones through Straight Talk (hoping for the iPhone 12 for $199). Gaming chair for my almost 11 year old. My 13 year old wants Airpods and a bunch of different gift cards to her favorite places (Ulta, Bath and Body Works, Amazon, etc). My husband and I are looking to go back to Verizon so probably will snag the new phone deals through Walmart that comes with the gift cards. Other than that some toys for my 6 and almost 8 year old. 

My older two just added mini refrigerators to their list. 

Edited by jtitus2014