Pick the Best Deal & Win GottaDEAL Hoodies [Winners Posted]

Brad

This is our final hoodie contest, and we're going back 14 years for this one...

To be entered to win, browse the 2008 Walmart Black Friday ad posted below and post your pick for the best current deal in the ad. Note that this doesn't mean the best deal when the ad was released, but the best deal right now as if this was their ad for this year (since Walmart can't be bothered to have actual ads anymore). 

Here is a PDF:

If you can't access the PDF, you can also browse this ad on the Black Friday Archive.

Contest will be open until 11pm ET on Tuesday, November 15th. I will then randomly choose 7 members who entered and you'll win a limited edition GottaDEAL hoodie.

Limit of one hoodie prize per member but if you have already won you are still welcome to enter this contest for fun.

Good luck to everyone!

2022hoodie.png

I think I'd go with the Nintendo DS Lite Mario Edition for $136. 

I only see one sealed version on eBay and it's listed for $999. Those old special edition DS/3DS systems have become pretty collectible so that would be a nice deal today.

• Like 2

I think I'd have to say the $130 KitchenAid stand mixer (even though it's just 4.5 qt).  Followed by the $44 luggage set and the $20 shredder. 

I was trying to remember what I actually bought from this ad :) 

• Like 1

This one is a fun contest.  Blast from the past.  My older 2 were just toddlers when this was out so I recognize a lot of the toys they had  :)  Hopping on Brad's idea of the DS because I would have jumped on that back then for sure, or the V-Smile Pocket.

Y’all…THE $4 APPLIANCES, 10000%!!!

When I first started BF deal hunting around 2010/2011, somewhere in there, Target’s version of the $4/$5 appliances was what made me actually stand in line at Target at 2:00 in the morning. I got a hand mixer that I still have and use. [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

• Like 2

I would also have to go with the DS Lite Super Mario for $136. My son broke his a few years back and we had a hard time finding another one. My second choice would be the Eureka stick vacuum for $9. We easily spent three times that amount for a stick vacuum for my other son's dorm room a few years ago. 

I do remember standing by the pallet with the Leapsters on it that year. One lady was standing about 8 feet away with a cart telling her teenage daughter to grab as many as she could. I warned the Walmart employee working her first Black Friday that she might want to move away quickly after cutting the plastic. Everyone that wanted one was able to get one thankfully. Thanks for bringing back the memories of Black Fridays past!

• Like 1

I have to agree with jesusluvu that the $130.00 Kitchenaid stand mixer is a good price and that the luggage set is a good price.  Also, the 3 piece duffel bag set for 19.00!

I also agree with Brad that the Nintendo DS is also a great deal!

This was a fun contest.  It was fun to see prices back in the "good ole days"..lol

Wow, I got lost in that ad remembering shopping for several of those things!!  My mom and I scored two of the portable DVD players and two of the portable VSmile game systems for my twin niece and nephew, jeans for EVERYONE, a camera for my mom….

I think the best current deal would be the XBox system. That one was only a year old at that time and when you add in all the extra stuff it was a pretty decent deal.  If that were today’s one year old base console with extra specialty controller and games, you’d be spending considerably more than that.