GottaDEAL 2022 Black Friday Prize Club Thread

Brad

Crazy it’s already December. We have a busy week. We’re having a Christmas party this weekend with all our friends. Didn’t want it this early but working on a day that many people don’t already have holiday plans is hard. Oh well we should have 30-40 people here this weekend to celebrate. Making a few roasts, potatoes, greens beans, Mac n cheese, rolls. Guests are bringing either an appetizer or dessert.

Should be a great time. :)

We also need to finish decorating and cleaning the house all while our daughter has rehearsal for a play she’s in two times this week and dance classes tonight. :)

• Like 2

Checking in for December. So a few updates for y’all - went to NC to my husband’s family for Thanksgiving and did a ton of BF online shopping there. But in addition to all the stuff I bought, we also picked up a cold from my sister-in-law. Toddler was sick (juuust getting better today), now I’m sick (day 2 home from work), and I guess hubs is next…UGH. This is the first time my toddler has been sick (because isolation due to covid), and it’s the first time I’ve had a cold since December 2019. NOT a fun way to start December!!!

But anyway, wanted to also thank Brad and everyone for the $50 Amazon card I won here. I was able to purchase a super cute Fisher Price Camper toy for my toddler. [emoji178][emoji178][emoji178][emoji320][emoji320][emoji320][emoji319][emoji319][emoji319][emoji1335][emoji1335][emoji1335]

So, Happy December everyone!

• Like 1

Happy December!  

We are kicking off hockey tournament season this month, with multiple out of town event/weekends for both boys.  I am still hoping to find a vehicle before DS10's furthest tourney, on December 18th.  DH and I are "discussing" what options we want/need, and I am ready to pull the trigger on the next thing I see that can fit all my crap.  I do not pack lightly, and have no intentions of doing so.

DS10 has his first ever band concert on 12/15, and now I think I should have bought noise cancelling airpods as an early Christmas gift,  for all of the relatives that will attend.  :sidesplit  I kid, I kid.  

In the meantime, our outside decorations are done, and we are slowly working on the inside stuff.  I really need to replace one of our fake trees, but they are impossible to come by at any sort of price that I am willing to pay.

I'm not sure how close I am to being done shopping. Our spending is down pretty drastically compared to this time last year.  I think this is our year of "experiences > stuff".  NHL tickets, vacation, waterpark season passes, museum passes, etc. 

I did order a new work pc for myself yesterday from Dell. Expected delivery date is 12/31.  I wanted to give the boys my current one for Christmas, but that may not pan out entirely on time. 

For Fun:

Type the word Hanukkah into google. On the far right you see a yellow menorah. Click on it. Then click on the Shamash (Middle candle) and light the other candles and stand back and enjoy!!

(works on the phone and the computer)

I did it today!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!

• Like 1

Happy December [emoji319][emoji320][emoji322] I am so excited about this month!!!! Not only do I get to celebrate Christmas with a few family and friends, but I am also leaving a job I have been at for the past four years at the end of the month to start a career with the state!!!! I received the call and offer on Monday November 29th... food, family, fun and great deals...my month ended nicely!!!!
  • Like 3

Happy December!!! Getting ready to mail out my gifts for non-local family, last task left for the holiday other than baking with my boys. Pretty happy everything is ready to go.

Nice. I haven’t had a second to wrap anything yet.

262826944_10226131374847012_449553539359

Pretty much! My husband went to the PO yesterday because I told him there were 2 packages there. He said any idea what they are?!?!? I said ahhhh nope!

• Like 1

December = time to spend my BF Kohl’s cash [emoji38][emoji106]

Also = the month I stalk my mailbox for my GD Secret Santa delivery. One of the things I most look forward to. [emoji4]

I think you meant to say...

I love December

Time to spend my Kohls Cash and

Stalk Secret Santa

Edited by len_mullen
  • Like 3

Omg y'all, can I please be done ordering consoles and related items??

So far I've gotten Halo Xbox pre-order for son (that shipped to my old address!!), Xbox for husband (that I had to drive 1 1/2 hours for, and I'm terrified of interstate travel in Atlanta), PS5 for other son, and 2 Xbox mini fridges (2 days, 2 targets).

Then mama decides she needs to look for a PS5 for niece. She's stressed, and stressed my step-dad, to where he asked us (in front of my son!) how we got our PS5. So son knows now he's getting one. Sigh.

So this morning after refreshing my cart for 39 minutes while also getting dressed and going to work (husband drives), I was able to get the PS5 for niece. Whew! I feel like I need a reward.

• Like 4

Omg y'all, can I please be done ordering consoles and related items??

So far I've gotten Halo Xbox pre-order for son (that shipped to my old address!!), Xbox for husband (that I had to drive 1 1/2 hours for, and I'm terrified of interstate travel in Atlanta), PS5 for other son, and 2 Xbox mini fridges (2 days, 2 targets).

Then mama decides she needs to look for a PS5 for niece. She's stressed, and stressed my step-dad, to where he asked us (in front of my son!) how we got our PS5. So son knows now he's getting one. Sigh.

So this morning after refreshing my cart for 39 minutes while also getting dressed and going to work (husband drives), I was able to get the PS5 for niece. Whew! I feel like I need a reward.

Just for you :) ...

20211202075056x180x250.jpg

• Like 1