Are you already shopping or do you wait?

Elmck

I've bought 2 gifts and a few stocking stuffers but that's it. I really want to start buying but I'm afraid of I buy it now then I'll miss the chance to get it at a much better price on BF. If I do see something that I know is a fabulous deal then I'll pick it up before BF. I just haven't found anything yet. Plus i don't really know what all my kids and husband wants this year yet. I'm ready to start buying though. My Christmas fund is dying to start burning a hole in my pocket. LOL!!!

Started Xmas shopping about 2 weeks ago. Prob is that we just moved 2 weeks ago as well so I'm having to stash stuff at work for a couple of months. It's become a tradition to wrap gifts at work a couple days before Xmas then try to hide them until Xmas eve.

I am stashing stuff at work as well. My house is on the market now and I hope to be situated in a new place by black friday. 

We bought our big screen last week..... Used football season as an added incentive...lol.   But put the sound bar and DD gifts on layaway until the very last moment.  DD asked why she can never find her gifts like her friends.  She doesn't know that we use layaway to hide them...lol.   Now just the fun stuff like stocking stuffers and whatever jumps out at me! 

• Like 1

I shop all year long. I have plenty of female cousins, aunts, sister-in-law, and mom, so I go to Victoria Secret at both semi-annual sales and stock up on the gift sets. I mentioned that I would mix it up this year and they all said that a woman can never have enough perfume and lotion. As for my nephews, brother and dad, Bass Pro Shop gift cards.

I've usually started shopping by now to get some things out of the way. This time last year I had already ordered some of the more pricier stuff I know don't get Black Friday discounts or don't get major Black Friday discounts. This year I've been helping my sister prepare for her first child (my first nephew) so I haven't have much extra cash. So this Black Friday I just plan on catching some TVs on sale. I'm tempted to buy them now and just skip the now very chaotic Black Friday crowds but the discounts are still too good to pass up. Edited by lakee05
  • Like 2

Yay, I bought a present today! A few weeks ago I bought a few baby toys for the grand baby on a kohls sale. But this was first one for one of my kids. Got 2 stocking stuffers too, I struggle with those sometimes. Unfortunately, I had to send son a picture to pick it out, but that's okay. When they get older sometimes you just got do that.

I usually get probably 75% or more of my shopping done Thanksgiving week though.

Edited by bluebear
  • Like 1

I have picked up a few things in the last few weeks....but I have two October and one November birthday to buy for also....eeek.  I do know I have a few gifts stashed away for my little nephew...the funny thing is..I can't remember exactly what they are!

• Like 1

I wait now. When my dd was little, I bought early at Walmart and put in layaway? She had eagle eyes to find presents. One year I put most out for Santa and wrapped some for mom and dad. I loved to buy her presents, she was an only child. This year she is due for first grand daughter the week of thanksgiving. Next year will be fun, toys and boxes, and maybe something for college account. I will find some geeky for her parents.

flosmoney

• Like 1

Going Friday to TRU to pick up quite a bit for Luke and then Walmart where we will put in the biggest amt for both in layaway. I've already filled 2 tubs, the stuff from TRU will fill another 1-2 tubs, and I'll be out of hiding spots. Love the layaway!!

• Like 1

i have started, and plan to FINISH on black friday weekend( even if out as long as stores are open.. i foolishly scheduled major surgery on cyber monday. so i cant count on that this year...and without knowing for sure recovery, i better be all set! they originally scheduled it for the tues before thanksgiving.. leaving me in hosp on thanksgiving.getting OUT black friday!!! i called back and said no way!! lol

I just wanted to let others know that I was at my Kmart today and there were lots of sales. I saw that the V-Tech toys were buy 1 get 1 50 percent off especially the new sets of Go Go Smart Wheels. I also saw that a huge assortment of Barbies  also buy 1 get 1 50 percent off. We are all looking to save money so I just wanted others to know. I did get a few gifts bought so I am finally getting more done.