Official Black Friday VIDEO GAMES Discussion Thread

Brad

I've got to get an Xbox one and a Wii U this year for my 2 DS. I'm hoping to catch someone put them on sale soon or offer a GC with a purchase of them. I know Walmart has done that in the past so I'm holding out for that. I'll keep checking here though to see if anyone posts any sales they find and post.

Edited by Jen08

I'm going to be looking for the Guitar Hero Live 2 pack bundle for the Wii U and possibly Splatoon for the Wii U as well.  Right now it's looking like the GH bundle with 2 guitars is going for $149.99...I don't know if it will go down, hoping to at least get a deal with a gift card of some sort.

I'm looking for a deal or steal on Splatoon for the Wii U for my daughter, the hard copy. The cheapest so far has been $44.99 via Best Buy and Amazon. Anyone seen it cheaper yet?

Well, I found the answer to my own question over the weekend. The Splatoon for the Wii U was found by me on Jet.com for $44.19.

After the $15 instant discount, and an additional discount for being a new member, I paid $28 for the game, brand new. I suggest some of you guys check out their website and see if you can locate anything you might have on your list.

I'll be interested to see what comes up here. My boyfriend has a PS4. I really would like a WII U. My boyfriend says Nintendo is coming out with a new system so it's dumb to buy a WII U but I don't think that will be for at least a year or so...so may WII U stuff will be cheap this christmas..I guess we'll see. 

New Nintendo unit won't be out for another 1-2 years. Wii U is doing decent for them right now. All the stuff I've heard is they are WORKING on it's replacement but the same can be said for MS and Sony. Once the console is out they start working on it's replacement. How well it sells determines how long they take to replace it. I would say you're safe to buy now :)

• Like 1

I'm going to be looking for the Guitar Hero Live 2 pack bundle for the Wii U and possibly Splatoon for the Wii U as well.  Right now it's looking like the GH bundle with 2 guitars is going for $149.99...I don't know if it will go down, hoping to at least get a deal with a gift card of some sort.

I was just in Target and my boyfriend wasn't expecting the price to go down by the holidays...but I'm hoping a giftcard deal at least. 

Ok. So I got Splatoon via FedEx yesterday, after ordering through Jet.com for $28 bucks. Thuis was a great deal. Now, I want to get my daughter the 3-pack of Splatoon Amiibo figures-Inkling Girl, Inkling boy and the green squid. Anyone seen this under $40-50 yet? I've tried Amazon, eBay, Wal-Mart, Target. Most brick and mortar stores are out of it, and online prices can get up in the hundreds.

Sigh, Amiibos... My son was stalking the wave 4&5 when they were released. He had me add a couple people on twitter that would tweet when things were available. The pre-orders and actual orders were selling out in minutes, it was unbelievable. I've still been looking, as there is still one we were unsuccessful in getting, and not willing to pay $40 from a reseller. I've not really seen any restocks of those, sadly. We got a couple from Amazon UK. We also looked at several toy places in Japan, also places like Newegg and Tiger Direct. If I happen to see the splatoons I'll post. Good luck! :)

Edited by bluebear
  • Like 1

Sigh, Amiibos... My son was stalking the wave 4&5 when they were released. He had me add a couple people on twitter that would tweet when things were available. The pre-orders and actual orders were selling out in minutes, it was unbelievable. I've still been looking, as there is still one we were unsuccessful in getting, and not willing to pay $40 from a reseller. I've not really seen any restocks of those, sadly. We got a couple from Amazon UK. We also looked at several toy places in Japan, also places like Newegg and Tiger Direct. If I happen to see the splatoons I'll post. Good luck! :)

Thanks, bluebear. What Amiibos is he looking for? That way, if I come across them I can quickly pass along the info.

I'm hoping to find the PS4 with Unchartered bundle for under $350 or with a GC. I'm hoping Amazon has some great sales too [emoji5]️

I see this happening. PS4s are already 350. I think retailers will have good deals on them. At the very leasy, I would expect holiday bundles with more games and/or an extra controller which will effectively make the console sub 350. Good luck!

• Like 2

What does everyone think of a bundle deal right now on an Xbox one 1TB with Madden 16 an extra controller and one year of EA games for $399? I'm trying to decide if I should buy now for DS for Xmas or wait. Problem is my Sams club membership expires tomorrow and that's where the deal is!

So you think I should wait until BF and buy the Xbox one? Will it be impossible to buy? I have $300 now but don't want to spend $4-500 if I don't have to. It is a gift for my husband. Any helpful advice.or.information I'd appreciate.

I would wait and see what deals are to be found.  I remember the year the X Box One was released.  They sold out at my Walmart, but I went to Target afterwards and still had a lot left.  It's not going to be an impossible item to find.  Keep checking online for price drops.  I bought my husband a PS4 for Christmas a couple years ago for a really great price on eBay...it was new in box, Destiny bundle.  I also got 5X eBay bucks back. 

I hope it's okay to start this thread (and I'm sure the admins will let me know if it is not!).

About the only thing on my shopping list this year is an Xbox One (preferably the Halo 5 edition). I know many others are looking for them as well. Should we start a thread that complies all the deals in one place?

I know thus far Dell has one with the following specs:

Online Exclusive - 11/26 @ 6pm

Xbox One Gears of War Ultimate Edition Bundle

500gb console and full GoW download

Fallout 4 and extra controller

Headset

$299.99

I am also needing to get an Xbox One this year.  I hope someone has them at a good price on BF.  Not sure if this will be a hot item though.  I have to get an Xbox One and a Wii U ...so yay me! (in a sarcastic tone!) LOL!

Edited by Jen08
  • Like 1

I need help from all the GAMERS on here. I'm looking at several xbox 360 video games to purchase this year but I need to know which ones are Multi Player. If you know, could you tell me of this list, which are Multi Player please? 

1. Injustice-Gods Among Us
  2. Destiny: The Taken King Legendary Edition
  3. Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe Platinum Hits
  4. Street Fighter IV Platinum Hits
  5. Destiny (2014 release)
  6. Transformers Devastation
  7. Wipe Out: in the zone
  8. Sonic Unleashed 

Thanks in advance for any help you can give. 

I need help from all the GAMERS on here. I'm looking at several xbox 360 video games to purchase this year but I need to know which ones are Multi Player. If you know, could you tell me of this list, which are Multi Player please? 

1. Injustice-Gods Among Us
  2. Destiny: The Taken King Legendary Edition
  3. Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe Platinum Hits
  4. Street Fighter IV Platinum Hits
  5. Destiny (2014 release)
  6. Transformers Devastation
  7. Wipe Out: in the zone
  8. Sonic Unleashed 

Thanks in advance for any help you can give. 

I looked them up on Xbox's marketplace and here is what is listed for each game: 

1. Injustice has offline multiplayer up to 4, and online multiplayer capabilities up to 8 players.

2. Destiny TTK has online multiplayer 2-16, or online coop up to 6. No offline.

3. MK vs DCU has online and offline multiplayer (up to 2)

4. Street Fighter IV has online 2 player.

5. Destiny base game has the same multiplayer options as The Taken King.

5. No multiplayer is listed for Transformers Devestation.

7. Wipeout features up to 4 players offline. No online play. Requires a Kinect.

8. Sonic Unleashed does not list multiplayer capabilities.

I was just looking at the Wii U Mario Maker bundle at Walmart for $296. The game is just a download, not a physical copy. And it comes with the oldschool Mario amiibo. Am I a fuddy duddy for wanting a physical copy of the game? Is the download just as good, won't glitch, will really be there when he turns on the Wii U? Or should I get a different bundle and just buy the game? Do all bundles come with just game downloads and not actual discs? And what do we think about the price? Worth it to wait a little longer, or just buy it now? Thanks!

I was just looking at the Wii U Mario Maker bundle at Walmart for $296. The game is just a download, not a physical copy. And it comes with the oldschool Mario amiibo. Am I a fuddy duddy for wanting a physical copy of the game? Is the download just as good, won't glitch, will really be there when he turns on the Wii U? Or should I get a different bundle and just buy the game? Do all bundles come with just game downloads and not actual discs? And what do we think about the price? Worth it to wait a little longer, or just buy it now? Thanks!In

In my experience I prefer physical media. I guess I'm old school. When the consoles do away with them I think I will be a console person no more. I like media I can sell, trade, lend to family/friends. I also like the fact that the HUGE game (code and art) isn't sitting there hogging up my drive space when I'm not playing it. I tend to play games in cycles I won't touch one for a long time then I will go back months later and start playing it. As for the game being there no it's usually a DL you have to make after you spend hours waiting for the console to update to the latest firmware/os versions :)

• Like 1

In my experience I prefer physical media. I guess I'm old school. When the consoles do away with them I think I will be a console person no more. I like media I can sell, trade, lend to family/friends. I also like the fact that the HUGE game (code and art) isn't sitting there hogging up my drive space when I'm not playing it. I tend to play games in cycles I won't touch one for a long time then I will go back months later and start playing it. As for the game being there no it's usually a DL you have to make after you spend hours waiting for the console to update to the latest firmware/os versions :)

Thank you so much, I hadn't even thought about the game taking up space like that! Maybe I should just go with a standard Wii u and buy the actual game for it.

I don't know about Wii Us or PS4s, but with Xbox Ones even with the actual disc you still have to install the game to your harddrive.