Official Black Friday VIDEO GAMES Discussion Thread

Brad

Of all the ads which one has the best Xbox one bundle price  in your opinion ..

I posted these yesterday in the Costco Ad Posted Sub-Forum:

Xbox One 500GB Bundle is on sale pretty much everywhere for $299.99.  Many places have the Gears of War Bundle (WalMart, Target, Meijer, Best Buy, Dell), where a few have the Lego Bundle (Kohls, TRU, and Costco....and I think BJs, but that's irrelevant).

While these are all $299.99, some are slapping extra incentives on top:

• WalMart is giving you a $30 WalMart GiftCarc AND gives you a 1-hour Guarantee (please see the WM ad for more details if you don't know what that means)
  • Target is giving you a $60 Target GiftCard
  • BestBuy is bundling the LEGO movie bundle with a 40$ 1080p Samsung TV for an extra $199.99
  • Kohls will earn you Kohls Cash (essentially a GiftCard) and Yes2You totalling ~ $105
  • Dell is giving you Fallout 4 + Extra Controller FREE

You would be wasting money to purchase it from any retailer other than the 5 here that are giving you extra incentives.

If you're in the market for a 40" 1080p TV anyway, this comes in at almost half price - get the Xbox/TV bundle at Best Buy.

If you ever shop at Kohl's, without a doubt, get it there (essentially $105 to spend a week later)

If you'll already be at Target, get it there (best GC and can pay for the extra controller)

If you want the extra game/controller, get it ONLINE (bonus there) at Dell

Lastly, venture over to WM within the first hour of them opening and get it there - guaranteed.

...In my opinion

Personally, I would choose Kohl's because I buy all kinds of stuff from there, anyway. The TV is just a little too small, but great TV.  The extra game at Dell doesn't interest me, and I could buy the extra controller for less than the $60 GC from Target.

• Like 1

http://img-w.zeebox.com/images/proxy/cb356d5663fa65c12a4e1c71c856e473283b6a88:preview?src=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.inquisitr.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F04%2FPS4-VS-Xbox-One-Sheldon-Cooper-Of-Big-Bang-Theory-Ends-The-Debate-By-Choosing-The-Xbone...-Sort-Of-665x385.jpg

Mission Impossible -- parents buying video games for kids!  Even future Nobel Peace Prize winner Sheldon Cooper is stymied.  There are a lot of factors to consider.  We all care about the price of the console, games, and accessories, but there is also the cost of online gaming services -- a bill you will pay every month for the life of your console.  We know it matters what console your kid's friends have and what games they are playing, but does it matter what which console is most popular in the world?  US?  The answer is yes.  Obviously, game selection matters.  So does 'interoperability' and backwards compatibility.  If you have more than one kid, split screen may matter as much.

To my surprise, the PS4 is crushing the Xbox One in total sales and monthly sales...

http://www.vgchartz.com/articles_media/images/vs-may-global-2.png

http://www.vgchartz.com/articles_media/images/vs-may-global-1.png

This is a funny statistic.  If Microsoft were dominating sales, I would be concerned that Sony would be leaving the business as they have left other unprofitable segments.  Microsoft is going nowhere and playing catch-up has benefited consumers by driving features (backwards compatibility) and price.  Also, the two are very competitive in the US while Sony really dominates in Europe and Asia, so US sales may be a secondary concern for Sony.

http://www.vgchartz.com/articles_media/images/october-2015-sales-4-2.png

http://www.vgchartz.com/articles_media/images/october-2015-sales-4-1.png

Most agree that the PS4 is slightly better hardware, but not many will notice except when the consoles are playing the same games side-by-side.

Exclusives are games which are released for one platform only.  Both consoles have impressive lists of exclusives.  The PS4 exclusives include God of War, Uncharted, and Ratchet and Clank plus upcoming Until Dawn, Horizon: Zero Dawn, No Man's Sky, and The Last Guardian.  Xbox One exclusives include Halo, Gears of War, Killer Instinct,Banjo-Kazooie, Forza, Quantum Break, Crackdown 3, Scalebound, and Fable.  Microsoft is also bringing hundreds of the best Xbox 360 titles to the Xbox One via emulation.  If you have a library of Xbox 360 games, many may be free to play on the Xbox One.  

A lot of the fun of gaming is social and even when the same game is available for multiple platforms, it's rare that players with one console can engage players with another console.  Minecraft is hoping to change this and Microsoft has announced that it will be possible to play between PCs and Xbox Ones.  Given that the PS4 hardware is very similar to modern PCs and the Xbox One, there is no reason to believe, someday, separate but equal game will be a bad memory.  Not in my lifetime, though.  

Soon [Minecraft] players on Windows 10 will be able to play with and against those on the Pocket Edition, with Xbox 360 and Xbox One in the plans for future implementation.

How long before Minecraft players on the PS4 can join the fun?  Microsoft owns the Minecraft IP and its developers, so...

Microsoft's Xbox Live online gaming service is $60/yr.  Sony's PlayStation Plus is $50/yr. You'll need a subscription to play games online.

For me, PC interplay and backwards compatibility make the Xbox One a very attractive console, but having the same console as your kid's BFF or posse is probably most important.   This is one of those gifts which really should not be a surprise.  Ask your kid which of his friends have each, which friends are getting one under the tree (they all talk about this), and which games they play.  That's the console you want to get -- don't forget the right games!

If you have a posse under your roof or your kid's friends get together to play games, you can forgo the cost of online services and get a console with great co-op play.  The split screen is fading, but each console still has some great co-op/same tv games...

You can research your favorite game's co-op capabilities here...

http://www.co-optimus.com/system/22/playstation-4.html

then search YouTube for video demonstrations.

Good luck!

Best Buy PlayStation 4 500GB Star Wars Battlefront Bundle $349.99

Sam's Club PlayStation 4 500GB Star Wars Battlefront Bundle (Online Only) $389.00

Sam's Club PlayStation 4 500GB Uncharted Bundle $299.00

GameStop PlayStation 4 500GB Uncharted Bundle $299.99

Kohl's PlayStation 4 500GB Uncharted Bundle $299.99

Target PlayStation 4 500GB Uncharted Bundle $299.99

Toys R Us PlayStation 4 500GB Uncharted Bundle $299.99

Walmart PlayStation 4 500GB Uncharted Collection Bundle $299.00

Best Buy PlayStation 4 500GB Uncharted Collection Bundle $299.99

GameStop PlayStation 4 500GB Uncharted Collection Bundle $299.99

Best Buy Samsung 40" 1080p LED HDTV & Xbox One LEGO Movie Bundle $499.98

Edited by len_mullen

My Xbox One Plan of attack...

I will be watching Staples for an online %off coupon between now and BF.  I have $85 in rewards plus $125 in gift cards to apply to their Microsoft Xbox One Halo: The Master Chief Collection Bundle which is listed as in stock for $349.

I like the Dell Home Gears of War Ultimate bundle with Fallout 4 and an extra controller for $299.99 or the Walmart 1 hour guaranteed $299.99 Gears of War Bundle with the $30 gift card.  Sam's Club has the Gears of War Bundle for $299.99 and you can get $100 off $300 if you open a credit card account.

Looks like everyone is offering the same PS4 deal for Black Friday. I missed out on the 1 day sale at Sam's on this...had 8 in stock only...really? However, I did come across the same deal, even better, online yesterday at Newegg. So those of you aiming for the PS4 bundles for $299 can actually grab that price now without even leaving the house and battling the crowds. It is the PS4 500 GB Unchartered: Nathan Drake Collection Bundle. Listed for $349 and enter code EMCKBKR36 for $50 off making the deal $299. When I say it's even better is because it didn't charge me any taxes (varies by state). I did pay $5.99 shipping. They also offered a bundle deal for Blackops 3, Fallout 4, and PS4 controller for $129 which I grabbed. Those are all items than normally cost $59 each and basically got for Black Friday prices of about $40 each. Hope this helps those searching for PS4 but nervous about missing out on it Black Friday!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16868110177

Update: Looks like the $50 off coupon code is now expired and was apparently a 48 hour offer ending last night. They will probably add another coupon code offer soon. Also, I know this won't apply to everybody, but I had an American Express offer that gave me a $25 bill credit after making $200 newegg purchase with my Amex card. That applied to this purchase and that offer is active until 12/31/15.

Edited by jba76

Anyone know if there will be PS4 bundles other than the Nathan Drake one available? It seems to be the only one I've seen, but it's not really a game I wanted, so it seems like a waste sort of. I was hoping to have some bundle options with the PS4.

This is the same problem I am seeing. There is a PS4 Bundle on Amazon with Nathan Drake and Assassin Creed it was 349, I think I am going to get the 299 bundle and sell the game or just donate it. I will just bite the bullet and get the games I truly want. 

O.k. stupid question, I was looking at the Product Comparison Charts for Call of Duty: Black Ops III.  I see it's listed on our comparison charts that game for Walmart for $8 and all 4 listings say PS3?  Do you think this will be available for Xbox One for $8??  I don't see Call of Black Ops III listed for anyone for Xbox One??  Thoughts???

post-130606-0-03412400-1447767846_thumb.jpg

Edited by lkonkel

If anybody is looking to get the Lego Dimensions Starter Pack, you can get it right now!!! for only $64.99 @ Target using the Cartwheel app which has a offer for 35% expires 11/25

this is the best deal around and you dont have to fight the hassle of trying to get it on BF

If anybody is looking to get the Lego Dimensions Starter Pack, you can get it right now!!! for only $64.99 @ Target using the Cartwheel app which has a offer for 35% expires 11/25

this is the best deal around and you dont have to fight the hassle of trying to get it on BF

The more I'm reading about LD, the more reluctant I am to buy it.  Although it has gotten good reviews from a gaming perspective, I've also read that it's a drain on your wallet.  Someone posted that they had to pay $14.99 just to unlock a level...no way around it.  Anyone have this that give a personal review? 

I was at my Target today and talking with the guys in the electronics department. (Remember the BF video from last year with the guy doing the "This...is...TARGET" impression of this is Sparta? Yea, that's my Target and that's the guy I was talking to. :D )

Anyway, he was saying that certain Target's were toying with the idea of upping the gift card with purchase on the Xbox One to $100!!! THAT would be awesome. So definitely keep an eye out/talk to your local store.

Edited by purplefenix
  • Like 2

I was at my Target today and talking with the guys in the electronics department. (Remember the BF video from last year with the guy doing the "This...is...TARGET" impression of this is Sparta? Yea, that's my Target and that's the guy I was talking to. :D )

Anyway, he was saying that certain Target's were toying with the idea of upping the gift card with purchase on the Xbox One to $100!!! THAT would be awesome. So definitely keep an eye out/talk to your local store.

That would be awesome.  I am going to try and get it online so hopefully they do it there. 

• Like 1

So hubby really wants a PS4 and since his birthday is Nov 25 and I'm going to score some brownie points. Have you found any stores that have a gift card with purchase of one? I searched target and game stop.. Both have same price $299 on Black Friday but I was hoping for a gift card promo. Thanks shoppers!!

So hubby really wants a PS4 and since his birthday is Nov 25 and I'm going to score some brownie points. Have you found any stores that have a gift card with purchase of one? I searched target and game stop.. Both have same price $299 on Black Friday but I was hoping for a gift card promo. Thanks shoppers!!

Bri, your best bet would be to go to blackfridaycharts.com, select 'Video Game Systems', sort by the 'System' column, and scroll down to the PS4s.  This will show you all the retailers selling the system and you can see ones with the GC in the 'Misc' column.  Don't forget there's also Kohl's Cash & Yes2You rewards at Kohl's and BB rewards point at Best Buy (among other rewards programs at various places).  If some details are missing, at the very least you can see the retailers selling it and check out the item in their ad scans.