Do you go to church on Christmas Eve/Day?

MarkRaby

Do you go to church on Christmas Eve/Day?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Do you go to church on Christmas Eve/Day?

• Yes, and I also go to church virtually every week.
    • Yes, and I also go to church a few other times during the Christmas season.
    • Yes; I go to church during most religious holidays
    • Yes, but that's the only time each year I go to church
    • No. I don't go to church at all anymore (but I used to)
    • No. I've never gone to church.

We used to go to church every week, but it's kind of slipped on our list of priorities and we really just go for the big religious holidays (Easter, Christmas, etc). I would never miss going to church on Christmas Eve. It gets me in the spirit of the holiday more than anything else.

-Mark-

I'm guilty of not going anymore :( I know we should...really I do. I was brought up Catholic which that in itself is contraversial, but I was forced to go and I hated it when I was a kid. My kids are baptised lutheran and I want to make that switch. I miss going at Christmas - I always love the Christmas services when we can sing the Christmas songs :) My MIL plays organ at her church and I'm going to try to talk hubby into taking the kids to go on Christmas Eve and surprising her. :g_thumble

I go most every Sunday and Wednesday. I'm the only one in my family, but I take my granddaughter when her Nana doesn't. We just had our Christmas Program at church with our youth group. Everything fell right in place with our play "Bethlehem P.D." on the line of Dragnet with comedy. And then a friend of my played Santa.

My family and I go to church every Sunday.

For those who said they used to go, get back in church, and take your family with you. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

I used to go to a private catholic school when I was younger and went EVERYDAY for 2 years straight~!

Hi all

We go to mass weekly. Church and God are a big part of my life and I can't imagine my life without it. Our entire family including a 4 yr old and 5 mo. old go as well. My oldest DD loves to go. So of course we will be there Christmas Eve for the children's service.

Merry Christmas!

Hugs,

Tracey

Our chuch is having a Christmas Eve service so we will be there. My dh is an audio/visual engineer and takes care of all thing audio/video related at our church so we are there every times the door is open. It is really sad for me to see that lots of people had bad experiences during youth or they see church as boring. I think you should look for a church that is invigorated and excited to share the message of Christ's love. My children range in age from 5-15 with one more on the way, and they all can't wait for church each week. My teenager loves her youth group and it is where she has made her best friends. They always have some cool activity going on (paint ball, movies, etc) and it has been a real help for my dh and I in keeping her on the straight and narrow. Try church again if you haven't been for a while and look for an excited congregation!

We used to go to church before we moved from our old house, but being that our old church is an hour away, we dont go anymore. We never found a new church new our new home and I havent really been that interested in seeking a new one out. I did always enjoy the christmas services though.

We always travel to my parents house to go to Christmas Eve candlelight services. It is neat to be all together. My sister and brother and their families go to. That is the only time we all get together for church. Growing up we went every week. My husband and I try to go every week, but we do miss a few here and there.

We're having Christmas Eve and Christmas morning services.

lafevem brings up a good point about looking for a church... Not going to church at all because of a past bad experience is like refusing to ever buy food anywhere because one store once sold you outdated milk.

There's a church out there that's right for everyone, and it's worth finding. It's made a very big difference in my life.