Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Do you go to church on Christmas Eve/Day?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you go to church on Christmas Eve/Day? (88 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you go to church on Christmas Eve/Day?

1. Yes, and I also go to church virtually every week. (45 votes [51.14%])

Percentage of vote: 51.14%

2. Yes, and I also go to church a few other times during the Christmas season. (3 votes [3.41%])

Percentage of vote: 3.41%

3. Yes; I go to church during most religious holidays (6 votes [6.82%])

Percentage of vote: 6.82%

4. Yes, but that's the only time each year I go to church (5 votes [5.68%])

Percentage of vote: 5.68%

5. No. I don't go to church at all anymore (but I used to) (22 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

6. No. I've never gone to church. (7 votes [7.95%])

Percentage of vote: 7.95%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 MarkRaby  OFFLINE  

MarkRaby

Rich Chrometophobian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 17, 2005 - 10:40 pm

We used to go to church every week, but it's kind of slipped on our list of priorities and we really just go for the big religious holidays (Easter, Christmas, etc). I would never miss going to church on Christmas Eve. It gets me in the spirit of the holiday more than anything else. -Mark-

#2 treasure60  OFFLINE  

treasure60

• 2,503 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 17, 2005 - 10:45 pm

Our family goes to church around the holidays like Christmas and Easter. My children go to Sunday School and church frequently. I know we should go more often than we do.

#3 hope1976  OFFLINE  

hope1976

Deal Seeker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 17, 2005 - 10:51 pm

I'm guilty of not going anymore :( I know we should...really I do. I was brought up Catholic which that in itself is contraversial, but I was forced to go and I hated it when I was a kid. My kids are baptised lutheran and I want to make that switch. I miss going at Christmas - I always love the Christmas services when we can sing the Christmas songs :) My MIL plays organ at her church and I'm going to try to talk hubby into taking the kids to go on Christmas Eve and surprising her. :g_thumble

#4 emptynest-2  OFFLINE  

emptynest-2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 18, 2005 - 5:22 am

I go most every Sunday and Wednesday. I'm the only one in my family, but I take my granddaughter when her Nana doesn't. We just had our Christmas Program at church with our youth group. Everything fell right in place with our play "Bethlehem P.D." on the line of Dragnet with comedy. And then a friend of my played Santa.

#5 shanni  OFFLINE  

shanni

• 3,447 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 18, 2005 - 5:43 am

I should go, and want to go, but I think the roof might cave in on me:(

#6 pinkroses4mommy  OFFLINE  

pinkroses4mommy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 18, 2005 - 6:08 am

We go every week. I think it's neat that Christmas Day fell on a Sunday this year. Our Church is only having the 11:00 worship service, so we can do Santa early (my kids are always up way before dawn on Christmas), and then go worship and take an hour to reflect on the One we celebrate.

#7 Bestbuy7  OFFLINE  

Bestbuy7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 18, 2005 - 6:46 am

this is called mass? right? If so there was a post about this already :)

#8 Lyricsmama  OFFLINE  

Lyricsmama

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 18, 2005 - 7:21 am

I dont go to church at all anymore, when i was younger i did and sat there bored LOL. I can't imagine dragging my 2yr old to a service, specially at xmas time.

#9 dukes4440  OFFLINE  

dukes4440

"Sorry don't get it done,Dude"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 18, 2005 - 7:34 am

Our Methodist church has 4 services(each has different type of presentation) but all are candlelight on Christmas eve. and 2 on Christmas day. we try to attend one of the eve. services. It really sets things into perspective.

#10 nick_jenni_jocelyn  OFFLINE  

nick_jenni_jocelyn

• 3,047 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 18, 2005 - 7:35 am

the church where my dd goes to preschool at is having a christmas eve mass at 5:30. I would love to go, even if its my birthday. that said, my inalws will be here that day and while I know my MIL would go with me, my FIL wont, i think the walls would collapse if he stepped in. I might go and leave him at home. :g_laughin
:holiday03~*~ Jenni ~*~:holiday03

#11 charday68  OFFLINE  

charday68

• PipPipPip
  • 2 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 18, 2005 - 4:29 pm

My family and I go to church every Sunday. For those who said they used to go, get back in church, and take your family with you. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

#12 shopping mom  OFFLINE  

shopping mom

• 2,545 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 18, 2005 - 6:25 pm

My husband is a lay pastor (small church -no pay) so we are there whenever the doors are opened. My parents are missionaries in Bolivia SA, but they are on furlough right now so we are going to do Christmas on Monday. We do not want to break it up or feel rushed. I hope it works out.

#13 shanni  OFFLINE  

shanni

• 3,447 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 18, 2005 - 6:28 pm

My family and I go to church every Sunday.
For those who said they used to go, get back in church, and take your family with you. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

I used to go to a private catholic school when I was younger and went EVERYDAY for 2 years straight~!

#14 TBean95  OFFLINE  

TBean95

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 18, 2005 - 7:36 pm

Hi all We go to mass weekly. Church and God are a big part of my life and I can't imagine my life without it. Our entire family including a 4 yr old and 5 mo. old go as well. My oldest DD loves to go. So of course we will be there Christmas Eve for the children's service. Merry Christmas! Hugs, Tracey

#15 bayhaysay  OFFLINE  

bayhaysay

• 6,997 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 18, 2005 - 10:50 pm

We go to church every Sunday and since Christmas falls on a Sunday this year that's where we'll be Christmas morning.
Jaime :juggle:

#16 ruby pearl  OFFLINE  

ruby pearl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 21, 2005 - 7:07 am

:) I will be in church on Christmas, just like I every other Sunday :)

#17 Kandy  OFFLINE  

Kandy

• 6,064 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 21, 2005 - 7:29 am

I will be in church on Christmas we are having one service at 1030
~*~Debbie~*~

#18 lafevem  OFFLINE  

lafevem

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 21, 2005 - 7:45 am

Our chuch is having a Christmas Eve service so we will be there. My dh is an audio/visual engineer and takes care of all thing audio/video related at our church so we are there every times the door is open. It is really sad for me to see that lots of people had bad experiences during youth or they see church as boring. I think you should look for a church that is invigorated and excited to share the message of Christ's love. My children range in age from 5-15 with one more on the way, and they all can't wait for church each week. My teenager loves her youth group and it is where she has made her best friends. They always have some cool activity going on (paint ball, movies, etc) and it has been a real help for my dh and I in keeping her on the straight and narrow. Try church again if you haven't been for a while and look for an excited congregation!

#19 INDY  OFFLINE  

INDY

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 21, 2005 - 9:00 am

My family and I go everyweek....and I am very proud to say that I have a 5 & 3 year old and they both know the real reason for the season is to celebrate the birth of Jesus.

#20 ebony0421  OFFLINE  

ebony0421

• 1,138 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 21, 2005 - 4:48 pm

My husband is Cath and I am Meth, so we are looking for a place where we can both be comfortable. He goes to mass early in the morning and I go to church at 11, when we find a church that is.

#21 daz  OFFLINE  

daz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 21, 2005 - 6:46 pm

my mother's church will not be having services on Christmas day??!

article from the local tv station

http://www.wzzm.com/...x?storyid=48305

#22 Gporter34  OFFLINE  

Gporter34

• 3,957 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 21, 2005 - 7:12 pm

I used to go but don't anymore. I will more than likely go Christmas Day! I will probably be going more often also.
:holiday08 " It's the MOST wonderful time of the year!":holiday08

#23 dtdoda  OFFLINE  

dtdoda

REAL Chargers have 2 doors.

• 1,400 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 22, 2005 - 5:36 am

We go every week. We love going to Midnight Mass on Christmas eve. It's a family tradition.

#24 floridasun5  OFFLINE  

floridasun5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 22, 2005 - 5:46 am

We used to go to church before we moved from our old house, but being that our old church is an hour away, we dont go anymore. We never found a new church new our new home and I havent really been that interested in seeking a new one out. I did always enjoy the christmas services though.

#25 brownlands  OFFLINE  

brownlands

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 22, 2005 - 7:13 am

We always travel to my parents house to go to Christmas Eve candlelight services. It is neat to be all together. My sister and brother and their families go to. That is the only time we all get together for church. Growing up we went every week. My husband and I try to go every week, but we do miss a few here and there.

#26 kranky  OFFLINE  

kranky

• 3,625 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 22, 2005 - 7:53 am

We're having Christmas Eve and Christmas morning services.

lafevem brings up a good point about looking for a church... Not going to church at all because of a past bad experience is like refusing to ever buy food anywhere because one store once sold you outdated milk.

There's a church out there that's right for everyone, and it's worth finding. It's made a very big difference in my life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users