Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2014

Brad

Got a few things. Like the other posts some 70% and some 50%. Barbie's still 50% off. Got a few things but nothing exciting. The most boring markdown ever!

I will add though that the Market Pantry Pumpkin Cheesecake cookies are absolutely delicious and horribly addicting! They marked them .98 today. I think I have about 20 boxes here now. Will freeze some. One of the best cookies EVER. The Christmas mac/cheese is .64 too. I also had to get a pack of Pringles Pecan Pie Chips for a joke. Maybe they will be good but they sound disgusting! lol

Beaumont, TX Target was all still 30% and 50% on toys. We had a lot of stuff too. We did have like 6 ride-on cars that were only 30% off, do those actually go lower? Also, what about camping? When does it go lower than 30%?, thanks!

It was weird like this during the July clearance too.  I went up when it was supposed to be the 70% off day and some stuff was 70 while others were still at 50%.  Then it was either a few days later or the following week (I don't remember exactly) that the rest of the stuff went down to 70.  So maybe keep checking back on those 50's over the next week. 

I'm sitting out this clearance because I have a huge box of toys here from the Amazon toy clearance.  I've already been able to get into the box and put together some awesome birthday presents for some of my sons' friends. I plan on hitting the July clearance, though! 

Here are my 70% toy finds.  There was lots more, this is just what I bought.  Seemed to be heavy with boy clearance this year... lots of superhero and hot wheel stuff in particular here.

I went to two more stores today.  One hadn't marked down and wasn't even worth my going back for, the other I found just a couple things.  In addition to the pics I also got a few lego sets at 50%.

I found a few other good 70% deals today:  a fishing pole, some ponchos which I had been meaning to get to keep in the car anyway, a gerber tool and a gerber knife.  They had a nice set of binoculars at 70% too but they were huge, if they were smaller I'd have gotten those too.

Some baby stuff at 50%, some at 70%... I was surprised to find anything left this late in the week.  I found some really cute boy zip-up hoodie with matching t-shirt sets for 70%... mickey, spiderman, and a few others.

They were doing lots of markdowns in home stuff/domestics when I left but I couldn't stick around.  A quick glance at what they had marked a lot of it went to 70%... frames, decorative pieces, etc.

post-180818-0-55774200-1389899954_thumb.jpg

post-180818-0-78354200-1389899966_thumb.jpg

Edited by boredbread

It was weird like this during the July clearance too.  I went up when it was supposed to be the 70% off day and some stuff was 70 while others were still at 50%.  Then it was either a few days later or the following week (I don't remember exactly) that the rest of the stuff went down to 70.  So maybe keep checking back on those 50's over the next week. 

That's the way it seems to usually work here... one round of 50/70 then a week or two later the 50 either goes to 70 or gets salvaged at 50.   A side note, I finally figured out where Target clearance ends up here... at a store called Dirt Cheap.  I thought it was a store just for building stuff and had never been in it before.  It is a mess, but for instance they had boxes of Target $ spot stuff marked 5 for $1.

Any shoes on clearance?

Yes, lots at all 3 stores I've been to.  Most 30-50%, a few 70%.

it was all 70% except the Frozen doll (big one). That went from 30 to 50.

Curious if this was a baby doll size or a barbie doll size?  Thanks :)

Re:  the frozen doll...it was a large doll (like 2 feet tall).  They had other princesses, too, but I didn't stick around to see if those got marked down to 70% off.  The doll doesn't look like a baby...it is "adult" Anna but in doll form.  :)  Will try to get a photo when I get home tonight.  Like I said...it was only 50% off, but there were just two left and it was the only thing in the whole clearance section that my daughter really wanted.   It was $24. 

ETA:  It's this one.  Apparently it's 18" size (not 2 feet).  :)

http://www.target.com/p/disney-frozen-anna-18-doll/-/A-14581098#prodSlot=medium_1_6

Good to know she'll fit my daughter's Our Generation doll wardrobe. 

Edited by Sarasuzymama
  • Like 2

I went to Target today, got several LaLaloopsy little dolls for my daughter for $2.08 each, scored a Barbie Mariposa castle thing that was regular $49.99 for $14.98. I bought the lats one. Still had lots of Frozen stuff on the shelves but none of it was marked down. :( This was in Lake Worth, Texas. Might convince daughter to go with me to another store today or tomorrow. 

Also spotted tons of stuff in health and beauty with clearance tags, although they were only 15% or 30%, very minor (didn't do the math). However I found some Aquafresh Extrecare toothpaste in the Buy 2 get 1 free shrink wrapped packs, and they are also listed for 20% off in Cartwheel so I was able to get them for less than $4.

There were several racks of men's clothes on clearance, and those also were eligible for the 20% of men's clothing coupon on Cartwheel right now so I get them for less too.

I got my haul today. All the big things I wanted were still only 50% off but I grabbed 3 of them anyway ( princess and me cinderella, frozen anna sleigh, and a beyblade thing) I needed the beyblade for a bday party gift, and my daughter gets the other 2. Everything else I got was smaller things but will be great for easter baskets. I will come back later and list everything. I was excited rto get one big score at 70%. Barbies mega block( was a huge package , same as lego friends for 17.00!!)

Re:  the frozen doll...it was a large doll (like 2 feet tall).  They had other princesses, too, but I didn't stick around to see if those got marked down to 70% off.  The doll doesn't look like a baby...it is "adult" Anna but in doll form.  :)  Will try to get a photo when I get home tonight.  Like I said...it was only 50% off, but there were just two left and it was the only thing in the whole clearance section that my daughter really wanted.   It was $24. 

ETA:  It's this one.  Apparently it's 18" size (not 2 feet).  :)

http://www.target.com/p/disney-frozen-anna-18-doll/-/A-14581098#prodSlot=medium_1_6

Good to know she'll fit my daughter's Our Generation doll wardrobe. 

That is an AWESOME find. I tried to buy that doll at full price back in December and it was sold out then, still is everywhere by me! Congrats!

Weird!  I went to 4 stores today and each one had different markdowns.  For example, the first 3 stores had the red powerwheel car at 50% and the last store had it marked to 70%.  I got 2 Monster High sets at the first store (70%) that were still full price at store #2, 70% at store 3, (but $1 cheaper?!?), and one was full-price one was 70% at store #4.  I found shoes I liked for 70% at one store, but in the wrong size.  Another store had the right size, but was only 50%.  I needed to pick up some groceries, but I waited until I got to store #3 for that.  I saw the sign for a $5 GG wyb 3 boxes of cereal at store #2, but store #3 didn't have the same deal (neither did store #4).  I suspect that some of the differences were just missed items, but I've never seen so many differences between stores.

I did find a lot of good deals at 70%:

Hot Wheels Triple Track Twister $13.xx

Transformer small 2-packs (Transformer and dinosaur) $2.98

Let's Play? (that's what the receipt says, there was no box or upc) "Lego"ish storage box, yellow with a green & blue baseplate on top $5.40

Nerf Darts, 12? pack 1.48

Flywheels $2.98

Monster High doll (Ghoul's Alive Clawdeen) $6ish

Monster High Scaris Cafe 5.98

Monster High Create-a-Monster sets $3.28

Girls Cherokee jeans $4.48

Girls Velour pants $3.88

Various slippers, shoes, and boots 2.98-8.98

Embark water bottles 1.78-2.38 (sporting goods)

Tie-Dye kit $5.38 (stationary dept.)

and at 50% (19.98): a telescope.  I have no idea if it's any good, but all 3 of my kids wanted one for Christmas and I only saw 2 of them at 1 store so I got it.

Edited by fluffkin79

Weird!  I went to 4 stores today and each one had different markdowns.  For example, the first 3 stores had the red powerwheel car at 50% and the last store had it marked to 70%.  I got 2 Monster High sets at the first store (70%) that were still full price at store #2, 70% at store 3, (but $1 cheaper?!?), and one was full-price one was 70% at store #4.  I found shoes I liked for 70% at one store, but in the wrong size.  Another store had the right size, but was only 50%.  I needed to pick up some groceries, but I waited until I got to store #3 for that.  I saw the sign for a $5 GG wyb 3 boxes of cereal at store #2, but store #3 didn't have the same deal (neither did store #4).  I suspect that some of the differences were just missed items, but I've never seen so many differences between stores.

The Monster High stuff was 50% at most of our stores. The difference in price by $1 is caused by the fact that the starting price is different. Prices across stores are not always the same. In some markets there is a price difference across a large number of items because the store has to pay higher rent. I see it all the time around here.

I have to agree that there was a lot of variation in the items marked down this year, but mostly it is the difference in the store size. Smaller stores have a smaller toy departments, and they clearance more items than the other stores with more selling space.

I visited 10 Targets today, though by the end there was nothing new and I was bored. It is nice to be able to do a big loop and hit so many, though. I got a number of items, and saw several. I don't have prices for everything, but some of the best I found:

Small Lego Friends sets 70% off - This was a shocker, actually

1 and only 1 Monster Fighters Lego set 50% off.

Lego Duplo Cinderella's Castle 50% off - $25

Imaginext Castle 70% off - $14.98

Hexbug Hurricane 70% off - $14.98 - all other stores had this full price

Halo Pelican

Halo Hornet

Lalaloopsy Large Doll

And lots of Spy Gear

And, while I was out, I was very close to the fire you might have seen in the news. Here are a couple of shots from the Target parking lot.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg158/lsmythLPS/IMG_20140116_095049792.jpg  http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg158/lsmythLPS/Fire1.jpg

Edited by lovetoshopCA

My 70% haul! Wish I had the money to get all the good stuff but hey I was happy I had a choice of a few things I was after. The store I was at in tacoma, wa had a good half dozen power wheels at 70% down to just $55

Happy Shopping!

How much was the doll house?

Hi! I'm a long-term stalker, first-time poster in SE PA. I went to two stores and got:

KidKraft Elegance dollhouse $35.98

Minnie Mouse Flippin Fun kitchen $20.98

Big squinkies x2 $2.38 each

Megabloks fairy with horse $2.38

Megabloks Barbie small set x2 $1.46

Megabloks Barbie car set $5.08

Anyway, I like this page, very helpful info!

Long time stalker as well. I hit 6+1 yesterday (+1 was return to early AM store in late afternoon)

The items I found at 70 were not marked down yesterday. That it was not the big mark down day.

The items were already at 70.

So perhaps next week. I too saw a major difference in availability of items and current price reductions.

Perhaps a change in Target clearance strategy on corporate part, or more so individual stores have a bit more autonomy then in the past.

I do wonder those that 'went 70', did the stores truly go and Mark everything 70 percent off?

I saw NO Mark down team activity in any stores. Not like last year where it took place the day of (vs off hours)