What Are You Hoping to Find on Black Friday?

shoptillidrop2

I have to admit I'm really surprised at the number of people still buying DVD players and DVD's. I've been 100% digital for years now and all my old discs are sitting in a binder in a closet, having long since been digitized and put on a hard drive.

I'm really at a loss for what to get for my son (age 10). He wants the usual video games, but I hate to get those because he can't play them until we get back home (Christmas is spent at my parents, 300 miles from our home). He actually said to me the other week that he thinks he has enough Legos. :eek: His current obsession is Minecraft, but you can only have so many Minecraft shirts. His brand new iPod Touch went through the washer a few weeks ago and is DOA...I could replace that for him but I feel he needs to earn that replacement himself to learn a proper lesson. (I am paying 25% of the replacement - we both fell down on the job on that one...yes he left it in his pocket but I also should have checked the pockets before starting laundry).

I'm definitely on the lookout for XBox Live subscriptions deals.

For me, I just bought my first ever house (at 40!), so I'll be coveting the Lowes and Home Depot ads. I'd love some Ryobi tools. Yea, I'm not your typical girl. :P

• Like 2

I have to admit I'm really surprised at the number of people still buying DVD players and DVD's. I've been 100% digital for years now and all my old discs are sitting in a binder in a closet, having long since been digitized and put on a hard drive.

I'm really at a loss for what to get for my son (age 10). He wants the usual video games, but I hate to get those because he can't play them until we get back home (Christmas is spent at my parents, 300 miles from our home). He actually said to me the other week that he thinks he has enough Legos. :eek: His current obsession is Minecraft, but you can only have so many Minecraft shirts. His brand new iPod Touch went through the washer a few weeks ago and is DOA...I could replace that for him but I feel he needs to earn that replacement himself to learn a proper lesson. (I am paying 25% of the replacement - we both fell down on the job on that one...yes he left it in his pocket but I also should have checked the pockets before starting laundry).

I'm definitely on the lookout for XBox Live subscriptions deals.

For me, I just bought my first ever house (at 40!), so I'll be coveting the Lowes and Home Depot ads. I'd love some Ryobi tools. Yea, I'm not your typical girl. :P

I know you said he thinks he has enough Legos but if he likes them and Minecraft, I found this last year and it is pretty cool.

It sells out quickly (I couldn't find it in November last year) but thought you might take a look:

Minecraft Lego sets

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=Minecraft+legos&ic=16_0&Find=Find&search_constraint=0

There is a lot I want but only a few things I am most looking after.

1. A 1080p IPS computer monitor (will take the hit in quality and accept a TN panel if the price is REALLY low). Would prefer 1440p but none of those go for less than $300.

2. A good gaming mouse (I'm currently looking at the Logitech G500S)

3. A decent 2.1 sound system for my second PC

4. Possibly a desk; nothing fancy. Could be just 3 boards (2 legs and a top) for all I care. Nothing too long though like a 6' table

5. Movies/Games deals that are so good you'd be an idiot to pass them up, :)

My husband and I have 5 kids.  By Black Friday, our girls will be 14, 13, 12, and 11.  Our son is 5.  Let's just say...they have very LOOONG Christmas lists that we start to tackle on Black Friday, since our youngest 3 daughters have a birthday on October 29th, November 14, and November 12th, respectively.  So, in addition to hopefully starting on the dent of their lists, we are also looking for:

1. Another TV...or 4.  Depending on good deals, of course.

2. A Keurig.  I have wanted one FOREVER.

3.  Season 4 of The Vampire Diaries.  It's like my own little tradition.  Going to Walmart and picking up whichever is the newest season of the show out on DVD that year.

4.  Any kind of decor for our home.  Including bedding and towels.

5.  PJs.

I'm sure our lists will change/be added to when the ads we are looking forward to actually come out.  :D

Edited by Crimsynrayne

Looking to replace my boys ipod touches with the new 5th gen 16 or 32 gig, so the lowest price with gift cards would be great!  That will be their big item.  Also hoping to kind some Knex coasters and video game deals.  And new flannel or fleece sheets for them.

Well update just knocked one thing off my looking for list. Vera Bradleys having a one day only 60% off sale on certain prints making them really cheap so I got my laptop backpack i needed for school for $43 regular $109. Better than any deal I wouldve found on it on black friday for sure because this was a crazy discount for Vera. Now I just need to find the laptop for it on black friday lol!!!!!

• Like 1

In our house everyone loves movies and tv shows, so I'm always on the lookout for those.  Video games are usually on the list for my sons, and recently my youngest sons PS3 has been acting up, so I won't be surprised if that is on his list...or a PS4, not that I'm sure that will happen!!!  As for me, I'd like to find a good vacuum cleaner on sale.  Oh, and my tv shows of course, but those aren't presents for me, they're my reward for braving the lines!!!  The closer Black Friday gets the longer the wish lists get for everyone, but that's ok, it gives me several items to choose from according to the sales at the time.

For the first time in a while, I have all the electronics I "need", but this year I will be looking for a decent 5.1 speaker combination.  Other than that, it will probably be a bunch of small items for me this year.

(Actually, I have more than I need, but all that I want.  Unless I see a really great deal...)

Top of the list is Dark Edition Skylanders swapforce and figures, WM wrangler jeans, wireless printer, shark sweep and mop, already got the Legos, 2 Thomas The Train sets from TRU on BF, and any 32 " TV s under $100 will try to grab two.Oh I am going to get DS the Zelda 3DSXL bundle and give to him after school quarter for doing so well in school. His other stopped working

Ok, so the closer we get the more I seem to be adding to my list. Remember last year when Target had those 2-pks of bar stools for $50?  I'm hoping they do that again because I need 4 new stools. So that's on the list for now until I see their ad. I'm also of course looking for DVDs for the kids, a power drill and circular saw, that Sega throwback game system I missed out on at BF price last year, sheet sets for both a full and king size bed (we'll see, I've never been able to get them before), PS3 games, maybe some of the pajama pants for my littlest guy who suddenly had a growth spurt, possibly a cheap small Christmas tree to replace our old small one that we put in the playroom (4 ft), and some board games.  How did I end up with a list this long?

Kindle Paperwhite & accessories for DS 20

An "old school" Stereo Receiver & Speakers for DS 17

Disney Infinity & accessories for DD 10

Sound Bar for the tv for DH

Those will be their big gifts. I was surprised none of them are wanting the new gaming systems. Yay!

Then we'll be looking for great prices on the usual movies, tv seasons, video games, SD cards, etc.

Personally, I'd like a great deal on Photoshop Elements 11 or 12.

Edited by mello

Tablet - still trying to find out from my daughter what she wants, so I know exactly what I'll be looking for.

Would like to find some bar stools for her, she just moved in a house.

My mom is getting her a 32" tv.

Anything for DS17, I am really at a loss on what to get him this year.

Flash drives less than $10.

And if I still have any money, some king size fleece sheets from Kohl's for me.

And of course my usual shampoo, toilet paper, shaving cream, etc... :)

Edited by bluebear