Gamecube

MKeener101

EB games has the mario party 7 bundle. It is a 50.00 game with two controllers instead of one and a microphone for 99.00. Great deal! Game cubes are descent systems. The games tend to be more geared to kids but they do have alot of the same games as the other systems. Im 30 and I play on our game cube more than our playstation or xbox. My husband is always on the xbox! For the price you cant beat the gamecube right now.

I Got the Mario Party 7 Bundle for $99 at CC on BF for my 5 and 8 YO daughters, they are asking santa for a Nintendo this year :D .

They have recently gotten into playing Nintendo at their after school. They are using a Nintendo 64 and go on and on about playing Mario Party 3, Mario Kart, and Spyro.

I asked around and my friends that are into consoles said the GC was the best one for Little'r kids, It has a large selection of non-violent titles and it's under rated for it's performance. iIgot the impression most of them don't take it too seriously.

So based on that, I figured it was the best way to go for them.

Amazon has a couple of bundles:

Game Cube Mario Party 7 Bundle $99

It's Actually from Gamestop but, the same bundle doesn't come up on their website.

NGC Super Smash Bros. Melee Bundle $99.88

On that note... Anyone Know where I can get "Spyro: Enter the Dragon" and "Mario Kart: Double Dash" from for the least $$$$.

Those are the only eqivalents to the N64 games they play I can find for the GC. Right now Walmart is leading the pack.

Mario Kart Double Dash $19.99

Spyro: Enter the Dragon $24.99

Anyone know where to get them Cheaper??

I Got the Mario Party 7 Bundle for $99 at CC on BF for my 5 and 8 YO daughters, they are asking santa for a Nintendo this year :D .

They have recently gotten into playing Nintendo at their after school. They are using a Nintendo 64 and go on and on about playing Mario Party 3, Mario Kart, and Spyro.

I asked around and my friends that are into consoles said the GC was the best one for Little'r kids, It has a large selection of non-violent titles and it's under rated for it's performance. iIgot the impression most of them don't take it too seriously.

So based on that, I figured it was the best way to go for them.

Amazon has a couple of bundles:

Game Cube Mario Party 7 Bundle $99

It's Actually from Gamestop but, the same bundle doesn't come up on their website.

NGC Super Smash Bros. Melee Bundle $99.88

On that note... Anyone Know where I can get "Spyro: Enter the Dragon" and "Mario Kart: Double Dash" from for the least $$$$.

Those are the only eqivalents to the N64 games they play I can find for the GC. Right now Walmart is leading the pack.

Mario Kart Double Dash $19.99

Spyro: Enter the Dragon $24.99

Anyone know where to get them Cheaper??

Try to find preplayed in EB Games B&M, because sometimes if you are nice to the employee they will run their EBsaver card for you, which will take an additional 10% off pre played games. This way you won't have to buy the "membership." Spyro is an "older" game, so the preplayed price is lower.

I've only had one problem with a preplayed game and it was because of our XBOX, not the disk itself. We have both a GC and XBOX.

Spyro Preplayed (14.99)

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/228638.asp

Mario Kart's price is pretty good, unless you can luck up and find a PP copy in the store. It is running @29.99 on EB online and is OOS.

The Mario Party 7 Bundle is pretty much selling for $99 everywhere, if you can find it. This is a great deal as others have already stated considering the value of the included game is $50 and the extra controller is $20.

On top of the already great deal, if you buy the bundle at a GameCrazy they will give you 12 free rentals (1 per month) from Hollywood Video (GameCrazy's often will be located next to a Hollywood Video) which is up to a $72 value. Here is the link for the GameCrazy promotion.

http://www.gamecrazy.com/promotions/promo_all_0001.aspx

All told, its as if you are getting $241 worth of items for the $99 price. A HUGE DEAL

Usual Price of Core System $99

Mario Party 7 Game $50

Extra Controller $20

12 Free Rentals $72

Total Value $241

Toys R Us is offering the Gamecube with Mario Party 7, Monkeyball and another game I can't remember, plus 2 controllers and a microphone, for $109. Most stores ae sold out of the 2 extra games, but we were lucky enough to find one :)

It sounds like the Wal-Mart deal ($79.97) is a good one, too!

Try to find preplayed in EB Games B&M, because sometimes if you are nice to the employee they will run their EBsaver card for you, which will take an additional 10% off pre played games. This way you won't have to buy the "membership." Spyro is an "older" game, so the preplayed price is lower.

I've only had one problem with a preplayed game and it was because of our XBOX, not the disk itself. We have both a GC and XBOX.

Spyro Preplayed (14.99)

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/228638.asp

Mario Kart's price is pretty good, unless you can luck up and find a PP copy in the store. It is running @29.99 on EB online and is OOS.

Thanks for the Tip, I'll do that on future Games. I wanted new ones for Christmas. I got Mario Cart DD for $19.99 at walmart and Spyro: A Hero's Tail for $19.99 from Target Online.

I'm 22 and just got a GC this past year (kids I babysit got one for xmas last year), and I enjoy playing it every now and again (my ps2 is my #1 choice).

I'd avoid getting a refurbished system from EB/Game Stop, since they charge ~$60 for it, and you can get a new console w/ a game (and an extra controller in most cases) for $99.99 or less! Even if you don't want the game it comes with, you can eBay it (or gift it to someone who would want it).

I'd say to get the Mario Party 7 bundle pack, or find a bundle pack that includes Mario Kart: Double Dash (this game is ONLY available in bundle packs during the holidays. otherwise, you'll be going to eBay like i did)

I would tell him to wait untill after christmas. Nintendo will be launching there new system (The Revolution) Should be early spring but could go to late fall. :D

I'm sure a lot of places will be offering trade-ins on the GC for the Revolution if the Revolution offers backwards compatability for the GC.

Either way, I say to get it in the bundle pack now. With some of the bundle packs, you end up only paying ~ $50 for the console and the first controller, which is what it usually costs $99 for. I'm sure he'll get enough use out of it to make it pay for itself :)

If anyone wants a GC now, you cannot beat the deal TRU has this week. (And my hubby is a mgr for EB!) You get the Mario Party 7 bundle, and another extra controller (total to 3 controllers) as well as another 20.00 game. You can choose from Pikmin2 (great game) Metroid, and a couple others. And its 99.99!!! I have yet to see a better deal!!

If anyone wants a GC now, you cannot beat the deal TRU has this week. (And my hubby is a mgr for EB!) You get the Mario Party 7 bundle, and another extra controller (total to 3 controllers) as well as another 20.00 game. You can choose from Pikmin2 (great game) Metroid, and a couple others. And its 99.99!!! I have yet to see a better deal!!

Did it just start today? I went Sunday morning to my local TRU and they only had the Pokemon edition bundle set and nothing else was mentioned or advertised on the deal you mention.....just wondering if it's local to you or if anyone else has seen this.

Did it just start today? I went Sunday morning to my local TRU and they only had the Pokemon edition bundle set and nothing else was mentioned or advertised on the deal you mention.....just wondering if it's local to you or if anyone else has seen this.

It was on the inside of the last page of my TRU ad in the Sunday paper. I just checked online, its in that ad as well. Last inside page (10 I think). Its the very top left ad.

Its also avail. online, heres the link

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/feature/-/596763/104-4126393-0361567

Online you can only choose metroid Echoes as your free game, buut instore the choices are: Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, Wario Ware Inc, F-Zero GX, and Pikmin 2.

I have a 22YO daughter who is finishing up her software engineering degree at RIT, so is very computer minded. She had access to playing every game system out there between all of her friends and decided on the Gamecube. She's not much into the more violent games, but loves the Zelda and Mario games. It's nice in that the games available seem to cover many different interests. So it's really not only for the kiddies!

Sounds like the WM deal is really good. Her favorites are any of the Zelda or Mario games, Monkey Ball. She also kind of likes some of the games for the younger ones because she said it is more restful for her sometimes to just play something a little easier.

She always laughs when she sees all these people fighting and snatching up the new Xbox. The opinions of all her friends are.........you NEVER buy something Microsoft right away because there is always too many bugs in it!! She isn't suprised at all about people returning the 360s already because of all the bugs.

The opinions of all her friends are.........you NEVER buy something Microsoft right away because there is always too many bugs in it!!

Whether it be right when it is released, or years later, Microsoft products will have tons of bugs.

dont forget your memory cards, I would recommend getting one for each family member and one for games that everyone plays. like mario kart, monkey ball etc.

You don't need a separate memory card for each game. I have an 8mb I believe and have all of my games saved on there (Mario Kart, Mario Party 6, NFSU, FF Crystal Chronicles, and Tales of Symphonia). The cards can store a lot, so just buy a new one when the first one seems to be getting filled up.