Talking In Line

Guest general41391

Do you like to talk to people in line while you are waiting?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like to talk to people in line while you are waiting?

• Little or no talking
    • Full conversations

Guest general41391
I guess it just depends. I did not like talking at COMPUSA at first, but I ended up talking to a few people. I was talking to a lot of people in line at Best Buy. Heck, I was yelling at a lot of them because they were cutting.

I was talking to a guy I remembered from the year before. We both showed up at nearly the same time both years (last year around 2am and this year at 11pm the night before). Uncanny since we don't *know* each other, but distinctly remembered each other from the prior year. I guess we have some psychic link that tells us when to meet up to jump on the doorbusters at Best Buy on Black Fridays. :)

I was talking to those around me and would you believe it the girl behind me was from this board and was like her your on Gottadeal.com. Told her my SN on here and we hooked up and helped eachother out. I hope she got all the deals she was after :) Her friend that was at Walmart picked me up a CP so she's my BF hero lol. Small world huh

Mara

Sure! Today at Staples, I was 6th in line and started talking to the woman who was in front of me about how crazy we really must be (wind chill was -2!) and where we needed to go after Staples..and I told her TRU was definately next. Well, TRU is next door and opened its doors earlier than advertised (5:00 instead of 6:00). That nice woman told me to go get my stuff at TRU and she'd keep my place in line since Staples wasn't opening until 6. I ran down, got my dvd player and free dvd, checked out and put it in my car and back to the line. True to her word, she had let people know that I was there before and would be back!

People like that make BF a blast!!!

In lines where you wait that long, under such conditions, well, it helps to get to "know your nieghbors". We actually bonded, looked out for each other even AFTER the doors opened, had each others back. After some of the horror stories and the CNN reports, well, its nice to know that not everyone was just out for themselves. One lady reminded me to "Grab one of those desktops!!" when wal-mart sold out of the LT. She pulled one for me and offered to watch it while I went to look for another LCD TV.

Guest all2tired
I talk to everybody around me. I found the secret to getting what you are after is to make firends with the people in line and then everybody helps each other get those things. Like the cute guy who left his spot at teh cabbage patch newborns to get a bike for my daughter. I got him his dolls. The lady got me the care bears, i got her the CPB too, got 2 for the lady who was getting me the hummer. I never met those people before today but I got all my shopping done without having to move from the cabbage patch dolls LOL

Two women and I talked a bit this morning, it was nice. We were joking around about how insane we were for socks (that were half off). :lolrun:

hahaha. Michael Morgan socks, 9 pair for 7.50! I'm all over that. Fred Meyer's always my last stop on BF because they have SO MANY socks that ther're always plenty left over. :)

hehe, well I know that I was the only BF forum reader in the Circuit City line. We started talking about who was going to get what, and I had to help clarify all the laptop misinformation people had with the facts that I got from reading this forum. :)

I think it's important to talk/bond with the people around you if you want to have a positive experience.

I will say this year was the best for having conversations and goodtimes with the people waiting outside the store. Met some really nice people at Wal Mart. Now for the ugly side of that read my post in the "Naked Truth" thread about what happened inside my Wal Mart.

I talked to several people in almost all the lines I stood in!! It was fun while at Walmart waiting at the Pallet for the CP dolls!! We all had a game plan on how we were gonna get the dolls. I even made sure the people in the back got a couple. I got what I wanted and left.

I talked to several people in almost all the lines I stood in!! It was fun while at Walmart waiting at the Pallet for the CP dolls!! We all had a game plan on how we were gonna get the dolls. I even made sure the people in the back got a couple. I got what I wanted and left.

I'm HOPING you let the people in the front get theirs first...if not...that's the kind of thing that will start fights.