anyone go to Office Depot today?

tomatoface

grabbed the last canon s400 $299-75, 2 1gb sd cards for $29, kodak z740 299-75 and the compaq laptop. (ended up being 1.4ghz cel i added wifi and shipping was 69 on it)it'll end up being 482 AR or something close to that...but it was guranteed unlike the walmart/bb ones. You can still get it thru sat only diff might be the build time

apparently i missed the chaos @ a local orlando walmart

I went there and got a Canon A520 digital camera for $200 minus $75 rebate, and I also got a $20 gift card, so it was basically $105 for the A520

Hi,

I bought the same camera from OD, how did you get the $20 gift card? I just went back because I thought I didn't get it, but the manager didn't know anything about it. I was 3rd in the line this morning, and the manager came out and asked what I wanted and got it all ready for me. I was out at 6:02 am! OD really has a great staff, the manager is willing to help me with the $20 gc if I knew how to get it. Thanks! -Melissa

I went to the Officedepot at around 6 right after seeing the crowd of Compusa and Bestbuy and boy, was I in for a surprise.. But the surprise turned sour once I found that they had very few stock of all the 'advertised' items. And the manager (who was one of the four employees in the store) informed that the few of us around that 'the truck' did not reach them and it was expected only on Monday...

Got the CF and SD cards which where 'out of stock' per her since I found the hidden stock for them...

Yes, but it was not on my original list of places to go. Got to WM at 3 a.m. to find out last of the 18 laptops was claimed at 1:30 a.m. Bad news there, but I was able to get GBA SP and some other items that I had price matched to other stores. DH was at CC by 4 a.m., but left around 6 a.m. without a laptop amid mass chaos. After a similar situtation at Staples, we both met at Office Depot. We bought a $499 Toshiba laptop that we think will only need a slight memory upgrade. The store was relatively quiet compared with others.

I went to OfficeDepot sorry to say, after getting to Best Buy at 2:00 they ran out of the desktop the person in front of me, so we went next door to Office Depot and waited there and were 3rd in line. When we went to order the $99 AR desktop they got the first 2 people all set and then the person in front of us they started having computer problems. They took all of our information and after we got home this afternoon and around 2:00 we got a call from the manager. Appartently there was a problem. This is how the manager at OD explained it -- HP decided to back out of the deal with OfficeDepot -- The people on the East Coast got the advertised special and a few in Cental Time got it but the majority of Cental Time and the other two time zones were screwed nothing is available.

Now it's 2:00 so anything I could have picked up is gone of course and they won't have a solution until the first of the week and aren't even sure what it'll be.

This has to have been the worst Black Friday I've had in years. :(

I went to OD picked up the ticket to get the Canon A520, got in line and kid said ok i just have to get someone to get this for you. He sent a girl, after 10 minutes i saw her behind the CS desk and was like wtf. 15 mins passed by and i asked where is my camera the girl you sent is behind the Customer service desk, so he got another kid who din know what he was doing to get it. Waited another 20 mins, still nothing. :mad: So i said ok do i have to get a manager for this? Hes like i cant do anything i called and noones responding so i went to the CS desk and said to them i been waiting 35 mins and noone is gettin my camera! So he said he'll try to get it. Another 10 mins went by and i saw the girl walk past me and said did you get my camera? She was like uhhhh ok brb. Another 15 mins went by and finally she brought it up. I waited an hour for this damn camera to be sent up front from the back like all their cameras are. This store was POOOOOORLY organized and they didn't even have a manager on duty! I think i heard the girl say if i wanted a 20 GF but i just said no just gimme my receipt and thanks for this holdup now i probably missed quite a lot of stuff. I WILL NOT GO TO THIS OD NEXT YEAR.

I went - I didn't realize there was any funny business with their ad-

It was very organized- the salespeople were totally helpful-

I got there at 10:00- they still had the $349 laptops (after rebate)

I got an emachines bundled package- for $399 (after rebates)

I also got a 27" lcd flat panel tv/computer monitor for $499 (post rebates)

It is cool- you can watch tv, work on the computer, or do a split screen and have half the screen tv- the other half computer-

I forgot about the boycott but OD was the best place I visited. Manager stood outside answering questions at 5:30 until everyone was satisfied. Let us in 10 minutes early. Everyone was very helpful and very friendly. It was like they knew they had to make up for the ad thingy...

Hubby went this morning to get the $99 desktop - he said it was a MESS! NO one knew anything and it took him 1 1/2 hours of being sent here there and everywhere to get the sheet to check out and then the checkouts went down so it all had to be hand written! They mail it all to you (after adding $100 in shipping!!!!) - I hope they get ti right or there will be some PROBLEMS! He was happy - but I was not! Oh, well - there is always Next Year!

Hi,

I bought the same camera from OD, how did you get the $20 gift card? I just went back because I thought I didn't get it, but the manager didn't know anything about it. I was 3rd in the line this morning, and the manager came out and asked what I wanted and got it all ready for me. I was out at 6:02 am! OD really has a great staff, the manager is willing to help me with the $20 gc if I knew how to get it. Thanks! -Melissa

I'm unsure of how I got it. I did't even know I was going to get it until the cashier handed it to me after I paid. I didn't really ask any questions since it was just a nice surprise. If I go out tomorrow I'll swing by and ask about it for you.