Official One-and-Only "What I Got" & "My Black Friday Experience" Thread

Brad

I did pretty well this year considering I didn't camp out or even plan like I usually do.

Amazon:

Madagascar 3 DVD - $10

The Lorax DVD x2 - $3.99

Target:

Brave DVD - $10

Retro phone cradle - $6.99

Walmart:

Nikon d3000 dslr - $449.00

Tripod - $10

Assorted DVDs and blu rays

Men's pj bottoms - $6

Girls pj bottoms - $4.50

LG blu ray player - $38

Sans disk ultra 16gb card - $9.88

Sams:

Canon t3 dslr bundle - $499

Now my biggest dilemma is choosing which dslr to keep!

My mom, sister and niece and I went to our local store with no list in mind, just a chance to waste time until the next store opened four hours later. We figured we would meander and maybe find something before we hit the mall (open all night) and then hit the next store on our list.

What a joke. We watched as the long line of people who had waited entered the store, then we went in. Three of us found something we loved and within twenty minutes we began searching for the checkout. We began at the checkout and followed the line through the store back to the front of the store, meandering our way through the entire store again, searching for the end of the line! The line streched through the store almost to the front doors!

No surprise, you have to wait in line for alot of things on Black Friday, right? But Big Surprise! If you fill out their Credit Ap, you can go straight to the front of the line, bypass all of those holiday shoppers with glee as you spit in the face of those people you just spent time in line with, waiting in the cold and eagerly anticipating those holiday bargains. And management turns this into a feeding frenzy!

We spent less than half an hour shopping and more than TWO HOURS waiting in line to check out. This is a new Kohls in our area and my family's first in this store. Needless to say, this is our LAST TIME AT KOHLS!!!

Well anybody who shops at Kohls on BF knows that it is one of the busiest stores on BF.

Kohls in one of my favorite stores on any day other than BF!! They have amazing sales throughout the year! For some reason every BF they just can't seem to find a system and you have to wait in line for HOURS! I went in today because I had a $10 off $10 purchase coupon, and ended up leaving without buying anything because the length of the line was not worth saving $10!

I hear good things about the Canon's for SLR's I hear good about the Nikon's too it just seems more people go for the Canons not sure if that means anything or not

I did pretty well this year considering I didn't camp out or even plan like I usually do.

Amazon:

Madagascar 3 DVD - $10

The Lorax DVD x2 - $3.99

Target:

Brave DVD - $10

Retro phone cradle - $6.99

Walmart:

Nikon d3000 dslr - $449.00

Tripod - $10

Assorted DVDs and blu rays

Men's pj bottoms - $6

Girls pj bottoms - $4.50

LG blu ray player - $38

Sans disk ultra 16gb card - $9.88

Sams:

Canon t3 dslr bundle - $499

Now my biggest dilemma is choosing which dslr to keep!

Kohls in one of my favorite stores on any day other than BF!! They have amazing sales throughout the year! For some reason every BF they just can't seem to find a system and you have to wait in line for HOURS! I went in today because I had a $10 off $10 purchase coupon, and ended up leaving without buying anything because the length of the line was not worth saving $10!

Kohls you have to hit between 4:30 and 8 am if you do that you canhave a great experience no lines and no crazyness it seems when the first open though and after 8 when people are wanting to make it their last stop or get their doorbusters before they end at 1 it gets crazy again. We got got everything we needed crowd was lite got right into a register etc but when mom went back to use her own coupons which she forgot it was insane (about 11 am) 2 lines wrapped around the store and met in the middle making their way BACK toward the front door!!! They had to extend doorbusters to 3 so everyone in line would have time to check out

Truly, due to the state of my finances I didn't spend nearly as much as in prior years.

The best deal I participated in was the TLC LED 39" TV which went live online around 1 am Thanksgiving morning from Tiger Direct. @ $129.00 after rebate, I still think that's the best deal I saw (although my opinion could change after I get it hooked up).

The only BM shopping I did at all was at Radio Shack this morning, around 10.30, where I picked up a couple of 32GB thumb drives for $10 a piece.

I have a strong suspicion we will see other sales this Holiday Season which might be even better than what we've seen in the past 48 hrs.

Edited by Bruiser1

Luckily I was able to get the one item I needed from Kohls (a memory foam mattress cover for ds), online and then dd decided she wanted the $99 step2 playhouse for her kids around 4p.m. today. After a few calls and a roadtrip I actually got one at the Tru about 20 minutes away. It was a longshot and I was surprised I was able to get it.

I'm way too tired to list all my stuff but I have to say that I was astonished at the number of doorbusters left everywhere we went today. We didn't head out shopping until 4 this morning and didn't hit target until 6:30 or so and still managed to get the dual screen dvd player and halo 4. I was shocked. And it was that way everywhere we went. It was great for us but we had fully expected not to be able to get stuff and there were piles of things left everywhere, Target, kohls, walmart. It's never been like that before.

I bought too much this past week to even begin to list! The majority (about 98%) being from Amazon. I was however surprised that my ds22 went to ToysRUs today about 3pm and was able to get the Fisher Price Dr Kit for $7.49 for me! TRU usually sells out of everything FAST around here!

The one thing that did make me quite mad was the men's sweatshirts Walmart had listed for $4. The ad said sizes up to size 4xl, my husband wears 4xl in them because he wears them over many layers at work because he works outside. Our Walmart had 2 of the 2xl, 4 of the xl and the rest were medium and larges. They should not advertise those sizes if they are not going to have them!

This year has been a pretty mixed bag, I think next year I will stick to my mostly online plan unless absolutely necessary.

Best Buy2 day sale last week

wi fi ready bluray player 59.99

Amazon

kindle fire (for co-worker to give to son)

Lorax Bluray combo pack * 3

Brave Bluray combo pack * 1

3DS games (possibly for toy drive)

oceans trilogy bluray set

multiple blurays including magic mike, downton abbey sets etc

sewing machine (for coworkers mom)

Sears- Members Only online event

pizza stone set

chocolate fountain

Kohls online

wall hung jewelry organizer

over the door organizer

mens dress pants (ordered 2, 1 has since been cancelled)

mens dress shirt

ninja(for coworker)

Best Buy online

canon a2300 (for coworker)

dark shadows bluray

snow white and the huntsman bluray

Office Depot online

magellan 50lm gps for parents

Radio Shackonline

harmony 600 remote (backup to harmony 650 I got my parents last year. they're trying to kill it on purpose I think)

*I then spent a good hour over different attempts at talking with RS chat and phone support trying to get gps accessory bundle. chat ppl kept spinning different yarns including telling me to call phone support for price adjustment, phone ppl kept telling me IT was working on updating prices. after trying at midnight when sale went live, then at 3 when I woke up for amazon sales and 4-5 when I got back up to fetch paper I emailed them and was eventually advised it's an instore item only.

Kmart online

Brave bluray combo pack * 2

Secret of the Wings bluray combo pack * 2

cobbie cuddlers *2 (both pairs for less than the cost of one :))

newegg

some dvd/bluray burning software FAR

Michaels

6 photo boxes

2 13-opening collages

3 candy melts

Walmart

-before 8 pm sale

Brave bluray combo pack found strewn on shelf next to electronics

-during sale

700tc sheet sets * 3

kids pj's *2

hangover/hangover 2/due date bluray combo pack

wrath of titans bluray

riders strech jeans *2

Brandsmart

10 cup coffee maker (1.88 after rebate-I had missed JCP online sale for $8)

iron * 2 (1.88 after rebate)

Macy's

black and decker 16cup rice cooker * 2 (thank you for instant rebate in store-1 for us, 1 for mom's bff)

4qt sautee pan (for mom's bff)

*Maybe it was just me but after all the shootings and crazy crap people do reported on the news, people laughing maniacally waiting for the doors to open was very unsettling. Made moreso when others decided to mimic it. I felt like I was in some horror movie waiting for the slashing or shooting up to begin.

Radio Shack

gps accessory bundle

*rep tried to tell me I needed to buy GPS to get accessory bundle on sale. She begrudgingly amused me by scanning them both and not saying anything when she was wrong and then stood there and read me the selling points/jargon on a $5 warranty for gps case even though I said "no" as soon as she mentioned it.

Home Depot

poinsettia * 10

wreath

*They had free coffee and donuts/pastries and were very kind/helpful.

***I will NEVER be in Walmart pre sale time. Website was useless last year, they resolved that this year by NOT putting most of the sale online. In store, customer service manager had previously advised there would not be any closing until 10pm for the night. They kicked everyone out of the store around 6:15 to let us back in some 30 minutes later after forming a queue outside. I couldn't give you a reason for that since A)the store wasn't set up once they let us back in an 2) nobody knew where things were or were going.

Once inside none of what I'd come for could be located, there were tons of shirts(and shirts) along all aisles but none had a map or a clue where anything might be or go. I walked to blurays which were in produce same as last year but quickly noticed there was only 1 case of 8.96 blurays which was still wrapped but bottom half of shelfs were completely empty and neither brave or madagascar bluray combo packs could be found. Since I had someone who could get the Madagascar I needed at Sams I focused on finding kids pj's and sheets. I eventually ran into someone who told me where pj's were and they were safely wrapped so I focused on sheets. I spent no kidding 45 minutes (no kidding) trying to find out where they were and eventually found a shirt who went to find them but got lost. I eventually gave up and decided to get the pj's I needed so tore into the packaging since there wasn't a soul anywhere near them and I was already fed up at this point, dropped by blurays again but seeing no new pallets wandered back to sheet "area", no sign of older gentleman also waiting on some or the guy who was helping us so wandered about wasting time which is how I picked up jeans as well as blurays and some dvd's (best of shera, call of the wild for reminiscing) . I wandered around some more, watched video game pallets come out and get devoured before some shirt came around to tell ppl off while no extra bluray pallet appeared. Back to sheets area I went, found two ladies with 2 medium size boxes putting sets out. No lie, they filled two shelves of an endcap so had I not been wandering aimlessly would have missed them. In the whole mess I spoke to the manager who was totally nonchalant about the whole thing telling me the sheets will go "in that area" and not to worry about blurays. I spent over 2 hours waiting and expected a little more a)organization B) respect. I expect the worse from other customers and staff but coming from the store manager it was more than a little insulting and infuriating. I wandered back to bluray section while pallets were opened by shirts and asked 2 different people when another 8.96 pallet would come. 1st completely ignored me, 2nd said later and wouldn't elaborate so at 8:30 I decided I'd had enough and checked out.

The cheap single dvd's on cardboard backing rang up "not for sale" and after 15 minutes waiting for CS rep who eventually came over advised it "must be" part of 10pm sale (since the other shirt ran off with my paper I couldn't verify or argue otherwise). I walked the whole way across store checkout (lined with multiple suits and random shirts) to the exit where I had parked my car only to be told I had to walk the whole way back since I couldn't use that exit AND then get a jovial cop give me the great news that the other store was worse and I should be happy. It took everything in me not to punch this guy, it's one thing to miss out on a deal because you're too late or you didn't know but to have total lack or organization and then joke about it?!

So this morning, around 6:30 AM I went to my local walmart in Dumfries, VA to buy some games, knowing that some might not be available. One of the games I wanted was Borderlands GOTY for PS3.

When I got to the store, I looked for the display pallets for games. They had tons of movie ones, but no games. I looked at the display cases and sure enough, they were packed. A lot of games had the usual color coded stickers on them. Many games were put in the display case under their tags, but lots of games were tossed in the bottom of the cases randomly.

Anyways, I looked and looked and spoted Borderlands GOTY and a couple other games I wanted. I had someone get them out of the case and went to check out. While the others rang up on sales, Borderlands GOTY rang up at 29.96 and not $15. Since there were others there and I had other things to check out too, I said I would pay now and go to CS for a price adjustment. When I got there, I struck out over and over. One person told me that because the game I had didn't have a sticker on the outside, it is supposed to be full price, despite the sales ad not saying games needed to have a sticker on them and my copy of WWE 13 note having a sticker and coming up on sale. Another person said the game wasn't part of the sale even though I showed them a picture of it in the ad. Another person said the sale was only for Thursday night (8 or 10 PM until midnight). Another person said the sale was only until a random time today. Another person said because the game was in a display case and not on a pallet, it shouldn't be honored at the sale price, even though they put their games from the pallet into the display case.

I eventually spoke with the Assistant store manager on duty, Sarah, who just wouldn't budge. She says the sales flyer says the sale is while supplies last, and only games with a sticker are considered part of the supplies. I say bologne! The ad says nothing about stickers - it shows the game and a price, and no mention of an end date either. I was fed up and took a refund. I asked for the number for the district manager and was given 1800Walmart instead. This is wrong. I know it's only $15, but it's the principle of it. They had a sale and I followed what the sales fyler said, but they wouldn't honor the price. I would be fine if the ad said the prices were good until a certain time or if the store associates all had the same story. The fact that I was told 5 or 6 different things is proof whatever training there was isn't working.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Michaels yesterday about 6:00pm

Crayola air brush sprayer $12.95

baby scrap book $12.95

misc drawing supplies and decorating items.

Got to Walmart last night at 7:55 entered through the garden center was able to get everything on the list.

2 Rubbermaid storage sets

1 700 ct sheet set

1 suit case

Paula Dean cookware set (opened this today it is really nice and worth the $99)

few other items not on sale.

Didnt get the sweat suits looked down the isle and there were clothes flying everywhere.

Was checked out and back home by 8:40!!!!

Ventured back out to Kmart for 5:00am

digital camera $9.99

Coat

Sweats $7.99 but didn't have to fight anyone to get them.

Boots

Office Max at 6:00am

Great deals!!!

Norton anti virus $19.99 (normally $89.99)

Panasonic 3 head set phones $39.99 (normally $79.99)

Game stop

3 used wii games $19.99

Claire's

misc stocking stuffers $10.00

Disney store

3 t-shirts $24

Riteaid

Duracell batteries 2 8 packs $2.50 each........gotta love coupons

CVS

lots of stuff but didnt get any of the items in the sale ad they were all gone :(

saved $49.69!!!!!

Almost done still looking for a good deal on a Ipad, Laptop and the new Kindle paperwhite didn't want to wait in the lines will be looking for deals as it gets closer to Christmas.

Thanks so much for this site have been using it for years and it really helps to have a game plan.

Best Buy:

50 inch LED Toshiba

2 40 inch LCD Toshiba

2 26 inch LED Insignia

2 lenovo laptop

1 HP Envy 17.3" laptop

1 32GB Wii U (didn't want any on BF, since I got buy one aheadof BF for being first in line.)

1 Rocky Undisputed collection Bluray

1 Sherlock Holmes BR

1 Get the gringo BR

2 16 GB flash drives

1 32 GB micro SD card W/SD adapter

1 Assassins Creed 3 PS3

1 Call of Duty Black Ops 2 PS3

Best Buy Premier Silver/ Online:

1 RESIDENT EVIL: AFTERLIFE BR

1 Red Riding Hood BR

1 Christmas Story 2 BR

1 Captain America: The First Avenger BR

1 Logitech - M325 Wireless Laser Mouse - Light Silver

1 SanDisk - Ultra 32GB Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC) UHS-I Class 10 Memory Card

Dollar Tree:

1 Gross Anatomy BR

1 The Marrying Man BR

1 Till death Season 1 DVD

Snacks

Walmart:

2 Brave combo pack

2 Different James Bond BR

The last of the Mohicans BR

Rise of the Planet of the Apes BR

The Poseidon Adventure BR (Original)

Battle: Los Angeles BR

Steam:

1-Ravaged DL PC.

Amazon:

1 HDMI Cable, 6 ft. (2 Pack)

1 Serious Sam 3 Jewel of the Nile DL. PC.

Edited by jaymacfla
more content

Didn't go out for the first trip until 3am. Went to Aafes and got a laptop, then stopped by Kohl's for a comforter, earrings, Chi hair straightener and some pjs. Decided I was too tired to go on, so came home to sleep. Went back out at 2pm, and didn't really to expect to find any of the doorbusters. Boy was I wrong! Stopped by Target, got an Ipod nano with gift card, a TV, and some movies. Then went to Dick's Sporting Goods for some golf stuff for dh and boots for dd12. Then onto Petsmart and Best Buy, got the Asus laptop and a Kindle Fire with gift card.

Overall, a really good time this year.:) I didn't go to Walmart for the first time in years. Last year's experience of 10pm at Walmart with fighting over towels and movies really put me off of that place.

Target (on Monday):

*32" Samsung LED TV (I had the $10 off $75 coupon they sent, 5% off Pharmacy Rewards, 5% off Red Card, so it was $227 after taxes!)

Walmart.com

*Storage bench with electric blanket bundle

Amazon

*Roku HD

Walmart

*iPad 2 (was first in line, got there around 5:30)

*LG Blu-ray player

*8 cup Food Processor (Price matched Sears)

Planned on getting back up and going out early this morning, but I overslept. I probably needed it as I am just getting over a bad cold. Only left my house at 8am this morning (instead of 4:45, as I had planned), but still managed to get everything I wanted!

Staples

*iPad cover

Ace

*Flameless tea lights

*Mini Crockpot

*Tape Measure

Kohls

*iHome headphones (Paid $2.60 for the, after my $10 off promotional credit and 15% off!)

Christmas Tree Shoppes

*Flat Iron (from the makers of Chi)

PetSmart

*Cat litter (20 of the 35lb pails! It was $3.99 in my store! I would have gotten more, but that's all that would fit in my Mazda3!)

I think the cat litter is the score that I am most proud of! :) With three cats, and one of them being non-insulin dependent, we go thru lots of litter.

Walmart

LG blu ray player

portable dvd player

2 wii udraws

2 star wars figure packs

few blurays

few wii games

firepit

9 pjs

Kohls

2 throw blankets

Discovery camera

discovery laptop

earphones

hot wheels

batman figure set

nano bug house

some fleece

Target

more movies

3*7.50 sheets sets

2*16gb sd cards

Disney

2 plush animals

2 pj's

radio shack

rc car with lightup wheels

Gave up on Joann Fabric- line was 2 hours long. I made more than one trip to Walmart, First one was to a larger one. Fight broke out over trampolines since there was only 6. I went to a smaller one a few hours later and tons of merchandise still there.

This was my first experience with Walmart on BF. I have to say, I was impressed with how organized everything was. I got there 2 hours early and there was hardly anyone there yet. I guess it helps that we have 3 Walmarts in our area. I got all of the toys on my list (and then some) and had checked out by 8:15. Pleasantly surprised that Walmart isn't always the chaotic hell that everyone makes it out to be!

Went to Kmart and Michaels in the afternoon:

Kmart:

Christmas tree lights and popcorn tins (Charlie Brown and Rudolph).

got in a lane where she didn't have her rewards card and that had to be looked up and then the toys didn't ring up with the special prices. The manager had to come over and tell the clerk how to do it. It was one cart with two women but lo and behold they each had to check out separately. Then the second lady didn't have a reward card so they looked up the other ladies. Then she had to write a check. Then they asked for her drivers license. DOn't people know yet to get that stuff out of their purses ahead of time??? :) The line I was going to get into checked out 4 others before I finally got to check out in my lane. Kmart NEVER has enough checkout people. Even in the middle of the day-the time never seems to matter.

Michaels:

Clear plastic scrap book cases

Christmas scrap stickers

Christmas scrap book paper pads

LED lights

All on sale with an extra 30% off.

Target:

IPod Touch with $40.00 gift card for a friends son. And 5% off with Target red card.

Younkers:

2 fleece throws

2 singing toothbrushes (not sure if I'm keeping)

Memory pillow

Purse

2 remote controls cars for a friend

Christmas towel (.99 after $10.00 coupon).

I think that's all!

I was out for about 6 hours. I just enjoy the bustle. I swear Target had about 2000 people in line. Took me 45 minutes to get in, get the IPod and get out. Not too bad. It was pleasant in line. Great crowd control at Target. They really have a good system. I did go back there a few times to check the lines. By around 2:00 I could have walked up and gotten the IPod with no wait but you never know about that. The people in the line were nice so it was fine.

I just think it's fun watching all the people even when I don't have much to get. Plus, I'm a night owl. But this morning I woke up with a cold. Oh well!

Walked the mall. Went over to Kohls twice to check the lines. They are sooooo long there even after they've been open for two hours.

This was my first experience with Walmart on BF. I have to say, I was impressed with how organized everything was. I got there 2 hours early and there was hardly anyone there yet. I guess it helps that we have 3 Walmarts in our area. I got all of the toys on my list (and then some) and had checked out by 8:15. Pleasantly surprised that Walmart isn't always the chaotic hell that everyone makes it out to be!

My Walmart has always been a mess. I heard it was again this year too.

Mine started off horrible with Kmart - Got better with Walmart / Target / Belks and other mall stores / Then got worse with Kmart :

My letter to Sears Holdings :

To whom it may concern:

I am writing to let you know about my Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday experience with the Kmart store on Wade Hampton Blvd in Greenville, SC. Let start off by stating that I have attended all of Kmart’s Thanksgiving Day sales and Black Friday sales for about 12 years now. This year I am truly beside myself. I will start with the Thanksgiving Day sale. The Thanksgiving Day sales started at 6am this year. I was in line at 2:15am and number 16th in line. It was about 34 degrees, but yet we persevered despite the frigid tempers and pushed forward for the door buster sales. By about 4:30am there were about 400 people in line that was stretching the entire length of the building. Around 5:30am the sales associate and assistant manager came out side to assist the lines and started to pass out the tickets for the door buster items. They passed out “8” tickets and then brought out a table and placed all of the tickets on the table. They did not instruct the crowd nor allowed the people that stood faithfully in line for hours the opportunity to get the tickets for the deals they stood in line for. Instead they allowed the people from the very back of the line to rush up and the people that were just getting out of their cars to take the tickets off the tables and leave me and the other “VALUED CUSTOMERS” without anything. I spoke to the manager Ms. Shirley and all she could do was apologizing, but could not offer any resolution to the matter. So I and a lot of other people that camped out in front of the store received none of the items that we rightfully should have had. This was very hurtful and dangerous as a mini riot almost broke out to get the tickets and in response to not getting a ticket after standing in line for hours just to be treated in this manner.

After all of the above I still decided to go back out for the Black Friday 5am sale that Kmart had. I was already out shopping for the other sales around town and still working on just a few hours of sleep that I got the day before since I was in line for the Thanksgiving Day sales at your store as well. So I mustered the energy to be in line at 2am again. This time I am “1st “in line and waited patiently as I wanted the 52” RCA LED TV for $399 that was listed in your ad. I waited in 30 degree tempers yet again. Around 4:25 two sales associates came out asking if everyone was signed up for shop your way card and letting everyone know that some deals would require you join to get the price. About 4:35 another guy came out (one of the ones that set the tickets on the table the day before) and was asking what everyone was in line for. I told him I was in line for the TV. He went back in and came back and was telling everyone that there merchandise was in stock, but he told me that the TV ( THE ONE THAT IS LISTED IN THE AD ) was not there and that NO ( NOT ONE ) Kmart store had received this item. I was at a loss for words. 2 Days in a row I sat in the COLD for nothing. 2 days in a row I lost sleep. I passed on 2 other offers for TV’s because I was going to get this one in Kmart. I asked one of the girls that were doing the shop your way sign up if I could speak to the manager. She went to get one only to come back and tell me ( in front of everyone) That “ the manager on duty ( Jerome ) said that “ He was not coming out right now because it was too cold “. My mouth dropped. Everyone in the line had a response to this. The other girl that was with her said “he did not say that de he”. She replied “yes he did” and she said NO that is not good and went to get him herself. He never came out and I never spoke to him. Ms. Shirley came in about 20 minutes later and I spoke to her and expressed my displeasure about the ongoing issues I was having with Kmart. She apologized and said that she would look into the matter and call me with the possibility that the item would come in and I would be able to purchase it at that same rate. I am sorry but that is not good enough for me. I sat in line twice in the freezing cold for what? I was not offered a comparable substitution – even though you had 55” TV’s sitting right there in electronics. There was no notification that the ad item was not available at all – ALL WEEK. That’s blatant FALSE ADVERTISEMENT. As I explained to the store manager that if there was a misprint in your ad you are quick to put up a note in the front entrance, on the door, by the item and on the counter at customer service. There was countless ways this could and should have been handled but the failure was never addressed and this was common knowledge that this item did not and was not going to arrive as promised in the ads. Despite the issue with the tickets for your Thanksgiving Day sale I still spent over $300 at your store that day. I am inclined to take it all back at this point. I am looking for a swift answer on why this failure was never addressed to the public and what is going to be done to rectify this situation and compensation for my time and distress in these matters. I will also be forwarding this letter to the BBB, SC Attorney General’s office and the local news. I am highly upset and offended about this entire situation.

That sounds alot like my local Kmart and my Walmart (on BF, otherwise Walmart's not too bad).

I bought too much this past week to even begin to list! The majority (about 98%) being from Amazon. I was however surprised that my ds22 went to ToysRUs today about 3pm and was able to get the Fisher Price Dr Kit for $7.49 for me! TRU usually sells out of everything FAST around here!

The one thing that did make me quite mad was the men's sweatshirts Walmart had listed for $4. The ad said sizes up to size 4xl, my husband wears 4xl in them because he wears them over many layers at work because he works outside. Our Walmart had 2 of the 2xl, 4 of the xl and the rest were medium and larges. They should not advertise those sizes if they are not going to have them!

At my WM I was looking for size large...they had a lot of 3x and 4x but not 1 large....go figure!

Ok, now that Im caught up on sleep and can actually think..lol, I will write what I can remember since I bought a bunch...

Pre BF-

Vampire diaries dvd

coby 32 inch tv

lorax, the lucky one, water for elephants dvds

And Im sure other lightning deals that Im forgeting

BF sales-

kohls- luggage set, two pairs of boots, angry birds knex sets, and a few odds n ends

jcp- pillows, juniors boots, pjs, assorted toys, and a few other little things

Macys- (gifts for me) cheetah throw, pillow, and pjs(yay), harry london chocolates, slippers, wallet, a really nice michael kors tie for the hubby

Justice- honestly just about everything in the store...I have two dds OBSESSED with that store so I just grabbed everything I thought they might want and will look through it all later ( I love that they are doing that extra 20 on top of the 40 on bf now)

BBW- Again just about everything, I have 12 teachers/cocahes to buy for so I really stocked up here and bought a few vip bags as well =)

tru- I cant believe Im saying this but all I bought there was 2 ds games and a angry bird plush pig!

Same for Target all I bought was a yellow 8 dollar crock pot because I love the color =)

bealls- some white hanes white tshirts and a cake holder

walgreens- a few toys, an oil of olay exfoliater set, and a few decorations

I switched up my plan around this year since the early openings and I refused to go out on Thanksgiving, and my bff went away this year so I shopped solo..but I went out at 4am and got home around 2pm and it went great and still got everything I wanted =)....Was a super fun year and I cant wait until next year and hopefully they wont be opening even earlier!

We did things different this year, I was 11th in line at k-mart at 10:00 pm for two 97.00 TV's had never done the overnight thing. At least it was a not so cold. Got the TVs for my kids,

Walmart was not to bad, Got the 38.00 Bluray, the 172.00 laptop, movies, my daughters boyfriends mom got 2 of the 78 tvs and I got the 198.00 40 inch.

we were first in line thursday night for the 78 tv, the bluray, and the 40 inch and I was second for the lap top we got in line for the items at 5:00pm. My older daughter went for the movies, my older son did the video games and running so I also got the 6:00 slippers and fleece pants. My daughters boyfriends cousin got men the 39.00 printer

then on to younkers for 2 pairs of boots for 19.96

then breakfeast then to Gormans we my 15 year old and I napped till the store opened, my son and his buddy was in the car next to us. Doors opened at 5 am we waited till everyone went in but still got all the doorbusters I wanted

then to petco for the 7 am opening for a lizard and cage for my oldest son.

home by 8:30 am so not bad on 2 hours sleep in Gordmans parking lot

I went to Walmart and got combo basketball, golf, t-ball little tikes set, $6 jeans, pjs, and a couple of games. I actually liked 8PM much better than 10PM last year. The shoppers and employees were happier. I only waited in line for 15 mins once I got all my stuff. It took longer since I had a huge box and had to use a cart this year. But overall once the sale started I was out by 8:30. I went yesterday morning at 8 AM to Sears for boots Aeropostle for clothes. I got everything I wanted. The people and employees were pleasant. It was a good black thursday/friday for me!

Amazon -- DVDs: Amityville Horror, Battle: Los Angeles, Matrix (Blu-Ray), Iron Man (Blu-Ray).

Newegg -- Adobe Lightroom 4 (photo editing software) (it was the deal of the day yesterday) and a 27" LED Acer Monitor.

CVS -- a few of the freebie deals.

Lowes -- 26 of the $.99 poinsettias to decorate the dealership, plus one for my wife's desk at work, and one of those $9.98 tool sets and a 15' utility hose that I needed anyway (it wasn't on sale).

Pep Boys -- 2 of the $8 after rebate Penzoil oil & filter deals and a pair of Rain-X Latitude wiper blades w/$10 MIR.

Ebay -- while the rest of America was watching football on Thanksgiving, I snagged two vintage lenses for my Sony DSLR for about 1/3 off what they usually sell for on Ebay. I love auctions that close on Friday & Saturday nights for the same reason -- but holidays are the best for snagging a good deal.