Staying in a hotel the night before BF?

wildtama

We live a good hour from any of the stores

which will be running BF events.

I floated the idea of staying Thanksgiving night

in a hotel close to the prime shopping to my

better half tonite. And I think we may actually do it.

Would you consider staying the night at a hotel/motel

in order to sleep in some and have a closer drive

to the big events?

We have enough points for either a free hotel

night or can earn higher point values if

we stay in a Marriott brand hotel.

Anyone else pondering this?

Good idea? :gd_orange

Bad idea?:jester:

Give me your feedback, please :gd_twocen

my sister and her family do and she shops till she drops. We had to meet her over there because she bought so much she could not bring the family home. lol She had tvs out of boxes and stuff stacked tot he ceiling, and was still going to shop more. She beat everybody to the sales and did alot of shopping needless to say. She will be doing it again this year and family is having Thanksgiving dinner at CrackelBarrel to accomadate her drive there, which is a couple of hour drive. If you are going to be doing alot of shopping it is a really good idea. Happy Shopping.

Guest all2tired

Isn't the point of BF to save lots of money on items? You just be putting that money into a hotel. Also... most earlybird BF shoppers campout in front of the store most of the night. Why pay for a hotel you wouldn't spend much time in?

She'd be getting the room for free. IMO if I was getting the room free and I lived that far from the stores, I'd do it too

There are 3 big malls within 20 minutes of my house, so I can't even begin to relate with you, but one thing I can say is that I love staying at hotels. I'd imagine it would just be a really cool experience and heighten the "holiday" feeling of BF. And if you've got a free night, it just might be worth it. Although, you will have to essentially pay for that night whenever you go on a "real" trip and can't use that free night anymore.

-Mark-

My mom and I stayed in a hotel last year because we live an hour away from the stores that we wanted to hit. with the two of us splitting the cost in only cost about 18 dollars each (yes it was still a nice hotel!) And then we didn't have to get up so early and we where still first in line at Sears.

Aaron - I think we are looking at level 1 and 2

hotels. This is our first year to reach silver status,

so I am not real sure how it will all work out.

If you have any insight, please share! :)

And thanks for the input so far. I love reading it :)

I have an hour drive to any of the major stores, I just normally leave around 2 or 3 and go to the supercenter that stays open all night. This year though we may go to MIL house because she lives about 5 minutes away from the base, so we can hit there first.

Aaron - I think we are looking at level 1 and 2

hotels. This is our first year to reach silver status,

so I am not real sure how it will all work out.

If you have any insight, please share! :)

And thanks for the input so far. I love reading it :)

Alright, so this means that its going to be a Fairfield Inn & Suites or maybe Springhill Suites

We've been on Silver for a few years now. Check out your membership information, they have a special number you can call for reservations. Also, if you want to get a room, and get the "free night" I believe they still have to mail it, so you'd need to get on that.

Did you have any questions? If you do not want to use your free night, I'd be more than happy to help you find a hotel on the cheaper side. Let me know, I'm here to help.

This is what I do every year now. My cousin and some friends split the cost of the hotel and leave after thanksgiving dinner. We go to a city an hour away, they have more stores than here. It usually cost less than $20 a person and was a suite. It was a nice getaway with adults and lots of fun! This year my husband and i are going instead. I thought it would be a nice getaway without kids! A little alone time before we have our baby! I was searching for rooms and found one for only $42 a night. Not too bad for a fun night!

:g_dance:

This is what I do every year now. My cousin and some friends split the cost of the hotel and leave after thanksgiving dinner. We go to a city an hour away, they have more stores than here. It usually cost less than $20 a person and was a suite. It was a nice getaway with adults and lots of fun! This year my husband and i are going instead. I thought it would be a nice getaway without kids! A little alone time before we have our baby! I was searching for rooms and found one for only $42 a night. Not too bad for a fun night!

:g_dance:

Let me know if you need help finding a hotel. :2roller:

Guest Deals4Me
sounds like a wonderful idea...but alas, I'll at most only get 2 hours sleep, on my in laws floor, and we'd want to have the mommy & daddy time we dont get anymore...so therefor, we'd be without sleep completely...ugh. Ill take my 2 hours.