Who is the one person you hate...

Tessangel

I have an aunt and uncle that I'm not too close with, but they always send these craft-show type gifts that they make themselves. I appreciate the gesture, but a card would be just fine by me, so I don't have to hang on to the stuff just because it was a gift from a family member.

My MIL. She always goes overboard on my boys and DH. But I usually get a key chain or candle. I wish she would just save her $5. It is kinda insulting when my boys and husband are surround by gifts and I have a small key chain. Especially when my parents do the same for me as they do for DH.

My step grandparents. One year she gave me this teal sweatshirt with horses ironed on to it and my name in glitter.

OMG if there was a prize for the worst gift ever you DD would definitely WIN ! I can't find a trophy for you so here's a little dance :2wiggle: LOL

would have to be my maternal grandmother. Its usually bubble bath in a scent I don't like (I usually take showers anyways lol) or some makeup scent that is either to dark or light for me. (she doesnt bother to ask what we'd like to get)

What is it about MILs? I'd like to think it is not deliberate but who knows. Of course my MIL gives crappy gifts to everyone. She puts zero thought in it and now that I think of it, she usually does not buy the DH & me anything, But boy she expects them...from all of her kids. She won't even check the mail except around her bday, mom's day and Christmas. The really weird thing is that my mom gets her something every year and the MIL will kill herself to get my mom something, even if she gets nothing for the grand kids or kids. She reall wants to impress my mom for some reason.:eyepoppin

I don't want to point out anyone in particular but over the years I have gotten my fair share of crap gifts.lol Everything from "no-name" dusting powder (which I can't stand, btw) to the nastiest smelling perfume. Even got some of those cheap-o pictures for the walls that look like they have been run over by a truck when they first come out of the box.lol There are certain things that I don't even want anyone to get for me because I am picky about them. Perfume, I only use two kinds (Lancome Miracle, and Chanel Chance) and purses (I am a purse freak and I only like certain kinds.) I don't expect anyone to buy those because those are the things I treat myself to when I can. Those are the ONLY things I am that picky about so it leaves alot of gifts that are way cheaper. But every year someone gives me at least one bottle of perfume and a purse. It is actually quite funny. I just smile and say how much I LOVE it and go on about my business. I would NEVER say that when I get home, my girls will get to pick what they want.lol They love it!!!

Oh MIL.... hands down! Let's see, some of the prizes over the years...

1. matching beatnik pullovers for dh and I :3paperbag

2. spa wrap (one year) and pajamas (another year) that would have fit 4 of me

3. sleeveless Winnie the Pooh teeshirt for me/sock monkey ornament for dh

4. size 10 turtleneck for dd who was TWO at the time

5. desktop golf for dh ... when he didn't work at a desk!

6. a bathroom sink and wingback chair for a doll house for dd (problem was... she didn't have a doll house :worried: )

Oh the list could go on and on.....

I can honestly not remember a "crap" gift (as someone put it). There are things I've liked more than others, yes, but nothing I just never used/didn't like. Usually the few that do buy for me (my parents, FIL/SIL and my DH; that's the extent of my family) know what I want/would use. :)

My EXmil is a sweety but christmas well She would buy stuff a year ahead. So sizes never fit my kids. She bought things at yardsales.(notpoor) and every year she bought me clothes I held it up we all laugh and it went right into the wrapping paper trash. But the best one is she gave my 14 year old a white sweatshirt.. looked cute she puts it on. WE died laughing,, on the front it said MOMMY TO BE good lord.

My MIL. My husband collect Coca Cola stuff. So, one year, she got me Coke stuff. Last year she got me a gardinia bath set. (I don't like flowery sents. And everyone knows it.) One year she got me a big bottle of musk. (Again another one of those things that everyone knows that I don't wear. I hardly ever wear perfume and when I do it is something fruity. Musk smells like cat urine on me-- no joke.) Another year, she got me these big, awful earrings. They were these 2 inch wide silver filagree diamond shaped montrosities, with dozens of 2 inch long tiny chains hangin off of them. Studs and small hoop are all I ever wear and all she has ever seen me in. Not sure if she thought that I needed a style change or what. :) I have a little girl who was around 6 at the time. Since her ears are pierced, I thought that I would give them to here to wear for dress up. She wouldn't even take them. She didn't know where I had gotten them, when she looked at them, she said that they were too ugly. Then came the awkward part, my MIL asked my DH why she hadn't seen me wear them. He is an excellent fibber though and told her that I loved them, but that they kept getting hung in my hair and pulling on my ears, so I couldn't wear them. My husband and I have been married almost 10 years. Sometimes when I go to open presents from her, I wonder if she has ever met me. But, I love her, and would never tell her that I didn't like anything.

Hello, newbie here...I'll start by saying that I spend all year listening to my kids, DIL and grandchildren to find out what they are interested in and what they would like for a gift for Christmas. Obviously some don't do the same. Two years ago my stepson bought for me the ugliest frog I have ever seen, it's wooden and has a hole in the center for a stick that is removed and run up and down the back of the frog to make it "croak". Never have I mentioned that I like frogs of any kind. I realize it's the thought that counts but this was bought just to buy something, no thought whatsoever.

One year my sister gave me a set of serving dishes that she had tried to sell in a garage sale and could not since they were cracked, I could not believe my eyes when I looked inside that box.