How do you keep organized and on task?

drmy91

Guest DigDoug

I have all the ads with the items I want circled. I believe I had a list last year with the order which I was going to the different stores.

I kept looking over the ads and mulling over what I wanted to buy while I was waiting in line at Best Buy last year. I know this year will be a lot cheaper for me, because I am not buying any computers, lapotops, TVs, etc. If I buy anything, it will be small stuff like Ipod accessories or a GPS unit.

I go shopping with about 14 other people. We get together the night before and combine our lists by store. We then decide which stores to hit, we may have 5 people going to Wal-mart if there is a lot to get there, 2 to Target, 2 to TRU, etc... We shop for eachother and 99% of the time get everything everyone wanted. It's soooo fun!!! One year Wal-mart closed down a check out just for us, we spent $4600.00 that year, there alone. We had 6 carts and 4 of their flat carts they bring their orders out from back on.

I usually type up a list on the PC in Word of everything we are looking for - organized by stores.

I'm hoping to just print out my shopping list from this website this year - much easier!

I'll have one piece of paper to either carry in my hand or shove in my pocket as needed. ;)

I go thru all the ads and decide which store has what I want most and then go by store opening times.

I write down each store in the order I plan to hit them and list everything there that I want to buy- including the price. I also take the ads with the items circled so if I have to ask someone a question about it- I have the ad to reference. I normally have it all stapled together and in my bag.

I organize my list in the order I'm going to hit it. I make a list of the items I want to get including the price matching items (make sure you write the store name next to the item) I take my ads to the store and get my stuff at checkout I have all my PM ads ready and it usually goes very smooth then on to the next store.

When we go into the store each one of us have a list of what we are responsible of getting. The limited items are always first priority. Such as the laptop, camera, and the portable DVD player. We use walkie talkies and place someone at each door that we know for a fact they will be bringing pallets out of. Then we just let the others know what is coming out and where. This sounds terrible and as I am typing, I feel like I am planning some covert operation.lol

I am glad to see I am not the only one that uses walkie talkies. We all have a certain place that we each hit and call the others if something comes up we didn't expect...ie video, cd and game titles. This way all the items get taken care of.

I go thru all the ads and decide which store has what I want most and then go by store opening times.

I write down each store in the order I plan to hit them and list everything there that I want to buy- including the price. I also take the ads with the items circled so if I have to ask someone a question about it- I have the ad to reference. I normally have it all stapled together and in my bag.

This is exactly how I do my "organization". I guess great minds think alike.:)

I do carry my purse, but it only holds my ads. I put my debit card and cash in the inside pocket of my jacket. So if someone decides that they need my purse, they will be surprised to only find my ads.

I usually print out the lists that are posted here in advance and highlight the items I think I want to get, and also show them to my shopping partners (sister and dad). Then, the night before we look at the ads, compare to our lists and make a new list, adding in any extra items (or subtracting any overlaps).

Then we try to figure out what order to shop in based on opening times and also geography-- don't want to waste gas now especially if it can be helped.

In the store we split up to get the big items. Don't have walkie talkies but have used cell phones to find each other.

I go shopping with about 14 other people. We get together the night before and combine our lists by store. We then decide which stores to hit, we may have 5 people going to Wal-mart if there is a lot to get there, 2 to Target, 2 to TRU, etc... We shop for eachother and 99% of the time get everything everyone wanted. It's soooo fun!!! One year Wal-mart closed down a check out just for us, we spent $4600.00 that year, there alone. We had 6 carts and 4 of their flat carts they bring their orders out from back on.

Wow! I guess I'll get up a little early so I can still get some bargains.:)

1) Buy the Thanksgiving day newspaper which has all the Black Friday ads and remove the ads you want.

2) Use our exclusive Black Friday Shopping List, you can save and print it out. It lists all the items with prices and bring a highlighter. What other web site offers this feature? None.

3) Don't forget about those rebates, how do you keep track of your rebates?

I shop with three other people that day. After the Thanksgiving meal we all go through the papers (yes plural - we have at least 2 full sets of ads..usually more). Then we each make out our list by store. We have found that it is much easier to have one piece of paper PER store! We also bring the ads with us and take it in with us! We have a blast! We try to have everything all mapped out! We've gotten to the point where we have several cars but usually leave them parked at the first location and all ride together...it's more fun! Then we drop our packages back at the cars periodically. We are lucky that the stores are all close to one another!

• 2 weeks later...