What time do you get up on Black Fri ?

lovebears65

I think we are going to try something different this year. We are always up at 2:30 at the latest and at WalMart by 3:00. But our store is only about two miles from my house. This year I am going to try the online items Thanksgiving night and then go to WalMart because the sale will begin an hour earlier. I am always up about 4:30am on Thanksgiving to start cooking, so I will probably be looking at very little sleep, maybe a nap, between Wednesday and Friday night. I have gone three days without sleep before but I was a lot younger then, so I am not sure how well it will work.

walmart is 5 mins up the street and toysrus is almost across the street so i dont get up til 4 and im there by 4:30 in line way way across the parking lot.. i may go for earlier this yr. if it opens at 5 what time to you think the first one to get there arrives?

kathy

We rarely go to sleep either and if we do it's only for an hour or two. We have Turkey Day at my sister's since she in near a city that has every store you can imagine. We are usually sitting in a parking lot by 2:30 coffee in hand waiting for the other shopper's to show and then it's a mad dash to the door to be first in line.

Here's what my sleeping schedule is like around BF:

*Day before Thanksgiving: Take a nap during the day.

*Night before Thanksgiving: Stay up all night.

*Thanksgiving Day: Head out around 5 AM for doorbusters at Meijer / check out other stores that are open and having sales / get a newspaper.

*Thanksgiving Night: Stay up all night refining BF strategy.

*Black Friday: Head out around 4 AM and go to as many stores as possible. Usually out until 1 PM or so. Then take a nap during the afternoon.

*Black Friday Night: Stay up all night.

*Saturday: Head out around 9 AM to get the free CD / Reward Zone points from Best Buy, and catch all other stores' 2-day sales I missed out on on Friday.

*Saturday Night: Sleep until Christmas lol

-Mark-

walmart is 5 mins up the street and toysrus is almost across the street so i dont get up til 4 and im there by 4:30 in line way way across the parking lot.. i may go for earlier this yr. if it opens at 5 what time to you think the first one to get there arrives?

kathy

I am like you my walmart which opens this wednesday will be less than 5 mins from my house. I will probally get up around 4:30. Then I will probally come back home to pick my fi up and head to others stores but it depends on what the other stores have that we want to get. He might just go with me and we head from walmart to the other stores.

Depends on how badly I want a deal that determines how early I have to go out. Earliest I've ever gone is 4. Last year I did pretty well online Thanksgiving Day (or maybe it was night) so there wasn't anything I absolutely had to get. Of course, I still went out for the thrill of it and managed to find (quite) a few things to buy!

I am in a very rural area and WM is about an hour away, so we will be up by 2:30, out the door by 3:00, and probably standing by the pallets at WM at 4:00. Unless ...... Sears has a better sale than WM. In that case we will be in line at sears at 3:00 at the latest.:woot2:

Depends on where I'm going but this year I have a hunch it's going to be Wlamart and since they open an hour early this year I will probably be in line by 3 Which means I have to be up by 2 and out the door by 2:30 at the latest. Out Super center is 22 minutes away.

Guest Deals4Me

Being diabetic, I HAVE to sleep, if I dont I feel so off, and my Blood sugar goes wild........

BUT Iam up and out by 2am at the latest....

Last year we were up at 2am and at Best Buy by about 230am and we were still about 30th in line. Luckily I was one of the last ones to get a laptop that I wanted, so I got there just in time. If I decide to go out this year (the only thing I *need* is a laptop for my daughter) then I will most likely get to wherever I am going sometime between midnight and 2am. Just trying to decide if I want to wait in line for 5 hours to save $100. :g_shrug:

Depends on the year. Some years hubby worked nights so we were night owls and I didn't sleep. Some years I was up and out by 3. This year I will NOT be sleeping since I will have to leave my house no later than 3 am to even be at the store by 4. Can't wait til we get our SuperWalmart next year!!:gd_orange