Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2011

Brad

Did you have to argue about the Webkinz? They've been ringing up full price here.

yah kinda. I pointed it out on the book and the webkinz. She called the LOD over and said its happening again, do I just overide it? LOD said yah.

No big issue.

:( 2 days in a row (sun and today) and our Target is still 75% off on Easter (yes, I rang a few items- it was still 75% off...). Are we the only ones?? Candy was 75%, but no 90%... *pout*

No, you are not... Only one store around my area seems to go 90%. I checked all others around me and they're still 75%. I will check again this afternoon. I did manage to find more crayons-- 6 of them. I was going to wait until today for a maybe 90%, but didn't want to take the risk. $1.24 isn't a bad buy for twistable crayons....

Mine went 90% yesterday. However, there was really nothing left except Paas, baskets, jelly beans, grass & eggs. No hidden treasures anywhere. I was in the Boston area on Saturday and I saw in front of me around 20 of the Crayolas but I had not had internet for 3 days so I had no idea they were part of Easter. I was putting them in my cart when this lady pushed me aside and swooped in all of the rest of them into her cart --- about 18 or so - URGH! I then realized they must have been super cheap. :Bang: DH tells me I always can't get in on the good stuff. :( Oh well... maybe another time. It always stings worse when I'm right there, but I couldn't get it. On top of that -- yesterday at our own store, somehow on the way there, DD kicked off her new white sandals (just one of them). I circled and retraced our steps over & over and I couldn't find the shoe :( :( -- I do not want to spend $14.99 on another pair. She has a habit of kicking off shoes but I've managed to catch them so far - and also socks but not yesterday.

Mine went 90% yesterday. However, there was really nothing left except Paas, baskets, jelly beans, grass & eggs. No hidden treasures anywhere. I was in the Boston area on Saturday and I saw in front of me around 20 of the Crayolas but I had not had internet for 3 days so I had no idea they were part of Easter. I was putting them in my cart when this lady pushed me aside and swooped in all of the rest of them into her cart --- about 18 or so - URGH! I then realized they must have been super cheap. :Bang: DH tells me I always can't get in on the good stuff. :( Oh well... maybe another time. It always stings worse when I'm right there, but I couldn't get it. On top of that -- yesterday at our own store, somehow on the way there, DD kicked off her new white sandals (just one of them). I circled and retraced our steps over & over and I couldn't find the shoe :( :( -- I do not want to spend $14.99 on another pair. She has a habit of kicking off shoes but I've managed to catch them so far - and also socks but not yesterday.

oh remember the losing of shoes and socks or my sons pacifier I can't imagine pushing someone aside to get a deal, wow that is ballsie

Saw an entire endcap of baby clothes with "My first Easter" at North Garland. They were all 90% off. .49 to .79. Sizes 3 mos to 12 mos

Rowlett still had quite a bit left. Saw at least a dozen Dora baskets (had toys and candy in them). I picked up the premade baskets for boys at 1.49 each (reg. 14.99) and they have lemon heads, m&ms, bug traps, sand toys, stuffed bunny and some other small items in them. I really liked the yellow metal pail that was used as the basket. Gonna recycle those into holders for teacher appreciation gifts.

Great day at Target . . . after stalking since Sunday.

Saw an entire endcap of baby clothes with "My first Easter" at North Garland. They were all 90% off. .49 to .79. Sizes 3 mos to 12 mos

Wow, I didn't see any easter baby clothes at my Target. Even at 50% off! I was looking for 9 or 12 months.

I found some of the Dora and Spongebob bubbles in the regular aisle for $0.29 yesterday. Other than that mostly just plastic eggs left at Rockford, IL targets.

Finally 90% at my Super Target today! Still marked 75% and some good finds left. I'm not sure if people's hidden stashes were found and put back or if people didn't make it to the back of the store. I found the toys in the toy section in plain sight.

Ann Arbor- and not much left... I was going to pick up some eggs for our neighborhood Easter hunt. How about you?

I went to the Dearborn store. The signs were for 75% off, but things were ringing up 90% off. I got some of the Mighty Beans (in the regular toy aisles), some Peeps, marshmellows, fruit snacks and a random Lego Star Wars kit (the $3.99 one).

Unfortunately no twistable crayons:(

Both targets by me were salvaged. I did find the singamings they had 3 but the jerk manager would only give me 75% off the easter stuff when I kindly asked for 90 he told me I could take it for 75 or he would throw it in the trash. Yea that's why I called him a jerk. Even the cashier told me he was wrong for not giving me 90 off. I only got 1 for 3.00 and that's bc my son really wanted it. They had a lot of the moon sand but I had to pay 75 off instead of 90. When I went to my 2nd store I found 36 boxes of goldfish for 10cents each, I got them for my ds 1st bday to give to the kids. There was a lot left but I felt like I got enough. I also found short sleeve tshirts 18 months and 12 for 1.12. Different colors and different prints for boys snagged those up. Also 2 pairs of osh cosh jeans 12 months and 18 months for 3.** all 75% off.

Easter salvaged here at the store I went to at lunch! And so bummed because they had more crayons! (a whole peg of them) And the beans are back to regular price!

Told ya'll the beanz would go back to regular price today. They did the same at Christmas.

Always worth a try on the salvage. If you get the right cashier they'll just ask you the price. I got a few more odds and ends today.

Both targets by me were salvaged. I did find the singamings they had 3 but the jerk manager would only give me 75% off the easter stuff when I kindly asked for 90 he told me I could take it for 75 or he would throw it in the trash. Yea that's why I called him a jerk. Even the cashier told me he was wrong for not giving me 90 off. I only got 1 for 3.00 and that's bc my son really wanted it. They had a lot of the moon sand but I had to pay 75 off instead of 90. When I went to my 2nd store I found 36 boxes of goldfish for 10cents each, I got them for my ds 1st bday to give to the kids. There was a lot left but I felt like I got enough. I also found short sleeve tshirts 18 months and 12 for 1.12. Different colors and different prints for boys snagged those up. Also 2 pairs of osh cosh jeans 12 months and 18 months for 3.** all 75% off.

Wow-

Sorry you had such a bad experience with that manager.

That really stinks.

Congrats on the other deals you got though.

Those are really great!

Wow-

Sorry you had such a bad experience with that manager.

That really stinks.

Congrats on the other deals you got though.

Those are really great!

Thanks ; ). And yea when my dh got home I told him the story and he said he would go.and teach him some repect he was obiously joking but I wonder if I would have been treated different had he gone with me lol. But im still excited about the deals I got.

Salvaged at my store, but I managed to get 8 packs of crayons (that were not there on Sunday) for $.44 each. Got one of those lucky cashiers that just asked me how much they were.

Saw lots of Diego Matchbox cars in the regular aisle, but didn't try to get them.

Is it normal to sneak to Target and tell everyone you are going somewhere else b/c you know they will just say TARGET? AGAIN? But they are jealous of all the cheap awesome stuff I get for the girls at ridiculously cheap prices!

Definitely normal to me, but I don't want them knowing where I'm going because then they will start going and getting my good deals, hehehe! :)

i went to super target in my area.. and saw lots of toys 30% all the transformer stuff was on clearance , end caps are getting full

.. if i remember .. toy clearance start around June and run till Juky right?? .. anybody saw that??.. i want to buy legos for my DS.. he is getting into that stuff now.. but no lego stuff was on clearance..

Are the toys marked "easter?" I would really like to get some. I went yesterday and didn't see it and dont know what the package looks like. I got the last crayons though!! Horray!!! Wish I had two more though!! They didn't say easter crayons but were in the easter section and I scaned it. So how can I find the toys?

Are the toys marked "easter?" I would really like to get some. I went yesterday and didn't see it and dont know what the package looks like. I got the last crayons though!! Horray!!! Wish I had two more though!! They didn't say easter crayons but were in the easter section and I scaned it. So how can I find the toys?

I found the Easter toys and mighty beanz in the toy section. I added a pictures of the ones I got.

I hit the jackpot at the super target in Dallas over the weekend (signed 75% Scanned 90% mid-day Sun) Those big easter decorating cookie kits for 0.99 (90%) were really awesome, kept the kids busy in the rain and actually tasted OK (had a dozen precooked shaped sugar cookies, icing and sprinkles!)

I also picked up the cake mix, sugar cookie mix and confetti icing marked SPRING for 0.16 each! I got 10 of each thing and woulda gotten more had I been home.

Went today to my target in smalltown NM and actually scored 3 boxes of those prefilled 50ct Easter egg boxes (lemonheads mix) for 0.99 didn't know to check for the crayons darn it :(

I didn't go to Target yesterday or today, but everything was pretty cleaned out as of Monday evening anyway, so I bet what ever was left has all been salvaged & gone. I did really good on Sunday & Monday though - probably got about 20 packs of those Twist Crayons, about 10 of the squeeze bubbles, and not sure if anyone else mentioned the Sky Balls-- they were in the regular bin on the regular toy isle -- a few with Easter designs on the labels, and they rang up 90% off! These are those incredibly expensive "super" balls, some were water filled with glitter inside, reg. $9.99 - $7.99 each. (That my kids are always wanting, and I'm always saying "no.") So I went a little crazy and bought all they had at every store I went to - think I ended up with about 12 of them. A couple of them are filled with butterflies. Very cute.

None of my area stores had the Hot Wheels marked down past $4.49. (Bummer)

I didn't go to Target yesterday or today, but everything was pretty cleaned out as of Monday evening anyway, so I bet what ever was left has all been salvaged & gone. I did really good on Sunday & Monday though - probably got about 20 packs of those Twist Crayons, about 10 of the squeeze bubbles, and not sure if anyone else mentioned the Sky Balls-- they were in the regular bin on the regular toy isle -- a few with Easter designs on the labels, and they rang up 90% off! These are those incredibly expensive "super" balls, some were water filled with glitter inside, reg. $9.99 - $7.99 each. (That my kids are always wanting, and I'm always saying "no.") So I went a little crazy and bought all they had at every store I went to - think I ended up with about 12 of them. A couple of them are filled with butterflies. Very cute.

None of my area stores had the Hot Wheels marked down past $4.49. (Bummer)

Can I ask what your kids like to do with those balls? I've seen them (the ones with water in them), but sometimes they don't bounce very high in the store... like they get flat or something maybe?? They are kind of heavy for just tossing around... do they like to just collect them maybe? I know there must be something about those balls that is great. They are kind of expensive, and I'm just curious if there is something unique that kids use them for that I'm just missing. Or is it just one of those kid things that is another mystery to us as parents. LOL

Is it normal to sneak to Target and tell everyone you are going somewhere else b/c you know they will just say TARGET? AGAIN? But they are jealous of all the cheap awesome stuff I get for the girls at ridiculously cheap prices!

Oh, yeah...I always say I'm "running errands." Sometimes I even say I'm "getting groceries" (which is technically true since I almost always buy groceries at Target, too). :) Yes, I have an addiction!

Thank you guys for reminding to check in the regular sections - I don't know the exact day my stores went 90% but I went today and found crayons, hot wheels, little people, moon sand, a BUNCH of might beans, and cute animal stickers all 90% off! These will be great prizes for the kids at school and church activities. My oldest already asked what chores she could do to have a pack of the crayons. Almost too easy. At one store it was so fun finding a couple packs of crayons and hot wheels that had fallen behind a big box of plastic eggs that no one was interested in. I was not aware of the Dora matchbox or bubbles - so tempting to go back to see if they are still there too! What do the bubbles look like?

Also just wanted to mention about the dollar spot - last week when it went 75% off the Target I was in still said 50%. So, I got what I needed then proceeded to tell others browsing the section that the red dot is really 75% off. It was quite entertaining watching them rush back to that section and grab things because others were taking them - kind of like black Friday. My total that day was like $5.xx!

Can I ask what your kids like to do with those balls? I've seen them (the ones with water in them), but sometimes they don't bounce very high in the store... like they get flat or something maybe?? They are kind of heavy for just tossing around... do they like to just collect them maybe? I know there must be something about those balls that is great. They are kind of expensive, and I'm just curious if there is something unique that kids use them for that I'm just missing. Or is it just one of those kid things that is another mystery to us as parents. LOL

There are two different brands of these balls - as far as I can tell the "Sky Ball" brand is made with pretty thick material, and I'm not really sure if it's water or some other substance inside, some of them are just air-filled too. I didn't see any of these looking flat. They actually do bounce really high with enough force, on a flat surface, and will continue to bounce for quite some time, but finding a place safe to allow them free play with these might be a problem. The filled ones, I convinced them to just roll, as they are heavier. They also have a bumpy outer texture, so they still bounce a bit when rolled, which my kids find entertaining. ;)

Well, balls are always great toys - helps get the kids more active than sitting playing video games - so I'm all for that!! :)

Also just wanted to mention about the dollar spot - last week when it went 75% off the Target I was in still said 50%. So, I got what I needed then proceeded to tell others browsing the section that the red dot is really 75% off. It was quite entertaining watching them rush back to that section and grab things because others were taking them - kind of like black Friday. My total that day was like $5.xx!

One of my Target's never changed the 50 off sign either, so when I overheard a grandmother telling her grandkids they could just get a couple of things, I told her that the red dots were actually 25 cents each, and I saw her eyes light up! Then she was like "Let's see what all you girls want!" and they all engaged in a red dot finding spree. It was so cute.