Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2011

Brad

If you want Playmobil there's an online store having a 40% off sale and free shipping after a certain amount. It's called Ridge Road Station. It's very hard to find Playmobil discounted. I made a big nativity scene using the Nativity set and several of those Egyptian tomb sets as houses, and some of the camels with robbers. I got some food items I'd had and made a nice little Bethlehem village!

I live near Ridge Road Stations actual store. It is an awesome store! I forget that they have the online store too it was strange to read it. I did a double take lol.

If anyone is in KC, the Ward Parkway store has at least 15 pair of the Paul Frank muk-luk socks/slippers. They are in the regular kids sock section. $1.29 each (those things are seriously overpriced regular price).

I found a pack of parchment paper for $.29, so I was happy about that!! I was honestly surprised that the Christmas stuff wasn't salvaged yet since this is the 3rd day of 90% off, but good for me!

Toys...they had one endcap of 75% off...almost all Paperoni sets with one other item that I don't remember. I did see a very cute Our Generation doll bath/bed for $24.98 (75% off)...it is wood and I was super tempted to get it, but we don't have room for it.

Everything else was 30-50% off. They had one lady there just organizing it all, which is nice...hopefully it will be nice and orderly when it gets marked down again still!

Some of the things people are mentioning here at 75% off were still 50% off (and 30% off in some cases).

im in IL too. i mosty do Orland, Tinley, Crestwood stores but once in awhile like 90% i will venture to oak lawn, bedford park, chicago on 45th & pulaski & morgan park 119th & marshfield. all of us IL people should stick together if anyone is ever looking for something specific i have no problem looking out or picking up extras for you :-)

I shop the same stores as you. Let me know if you ever are in need we usually will travel during the 75% toy clearance. Are you on FB? I have an easier time checking that while on the move.

Just for a head's up....I went back to Target today to get some Cuties, so I looked at what was on the shelves at the Southport Target in the way of air hockey tables. There are two varieties that I saw.

###091170058 Titan 10 in 1 Multi-game (there were 8 on the shelf today)

###091170060 Excelorator Turbo Hockey (there were 6 on the shelf)

Hopefully we'll have luck finding these for 75% off! ;)

Awesome! My hubby will kill me but it will be AWESOME once we move into our new house and need it!

It was so hard to walk aout w/o toys tthis morning :(. In between 50 and 75 in Vestal, ny. Really hard to leave the princess kitchen behind :(. Absolutely no organization/seperation at our store though. Everything is mainly still in its original locations. Kitchen was at 50% as was the princess table/chair thing.

Christmas is gone. SALVAGE!

Talked to a friend of mine who lives near Boulder, CO. She stopped at Target after dropping her kids off at school and she went to check out what was left of the Christmas 90% off and she saw a ton of workers scanning and boxing it up. A few items she did pick up all came up Item Not Found. Thankfully since they were working on it when she was there they said she could still buy it for 90% off.

It kinda feels like Christmas is really over for 2010-2011.

She also said that they have consolidated the toys to one section. Most everything she found was 30-50% off and just a couple of 75% off toys.

I haven't been to my store in a few days. I had thought about going, but she said none of the AirHogs were on clearance and thats the one toy I want. My Dad likes them, but seems to break them quickly. :D

Found Valentines set at one store today. :-) Right next to 90% Christmas. Tons of those nasty frosted sugar cookies that my kids like were put out at 2 stores. must have gotten a new shipment. Odds and ends, but mostly gone. For those looking at toys, the ones that are 75% vary wildly from store to store. found some hat box sets 75% at one store, 50% at another and 30% at a 3rd. So, check for what you are looking at, you just don't know.

Kathytheshopper: LOVE your Christmas nativity set, that is awesome! :)

I agree!

The only other find I had was market pantry peppermint whip cream for 49cents..not sure if it will be awesome or gross but for 49cents I figured I would try it =)....

I did buy this before Christmas and thought it actually was pretty good. After our family Christmas gathering, I left the whipped cream at my mom's house, but I bet it would have been yummy in hot chocolate. :D

Went to the Oak Park Target today. I was completely amazed at how much 90% off stuff was around their store in the regular aisles. TONS of Pepperidge Farm cookies for 33cents. There are still lots there! I did buy a lot of the soft oatmeal with the chocolate drizzle on the top, (hoping they freeze okay) but there were still some left along with almond, sugar and maybe one other kind.... can't remember. They have red on top of the package.

Also saw an ENTIRE end cap of the mukluk slipper socks in more colors than I have seen anywhere. I agree they are crazy looking things and completely overpriced, but my kids are nearing that age where this just may be something they might light. For a buck and change, I'll chance it!!

And, if you have any interest, these are EVERYWHERE. I've seen them at every Target I was in... They are $2.99 and ring up 29 cents. They look weird to me, but I did buy a few packs to have on hand for ... who knows what!! LOL

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51pzljF4CkL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Also found a Corona bucket and glassware set in the regular barware aisle. Will be good for my "lush" of a brother-in-law! LOL

There were A LOT of women shopping the toy aisle. I couldn't believe the number of toys leaving. I did pick up 2 packs of Zoobles for my daughter's b-day. They were 1/2 price and I wasn't sure those would make it to 75%.

Now, if they just would have had some Christmas tuna... that's really the only thing I NEEDED!! :cheesy:

im in IL too. i mosty do Orland, Tinley, Crestwood stores but once in awhile like 90% i will venture to oak lawn, bedford park, chicago on 45th & pulaski & morgan park 119th & marshfield. all of us IL people should stick together if anyone is ever looking for something specific i have no problem looking out or picking up extras for you :-)

I agree 100%. I think there is an option to add friends on here. If ya don't mind I will add ya. I have no problem keeping my eyes peeled for you If I am out and about and you need something.. Yay.. I'm excited theres locals :)

Those that are locals and on facebook you can PM me and I'll give you my info to find me there.

Found 3pks of tape for .30 and brownie mix for .15. Both were in the regular stuff not with xmas. There were a ton of each so I hope someone else finds them too. Also got a Christmas Jazz 2 cd set for .70 and 2 lady antebellum Christmas cds for .64 each. Found a few toys at 75% but most still 50%

Oh, I forgot to add that the car kits went to $7.50 too-- (McGuire and Armour All). I only bought 2. I have bought my husband so many of these in the past, I'm pretty sure he will be able to keep our cars clean well into retirement.

Bummer...those were still $15 at Ward Pkwy today.

Found a few Christmas stragglers today - a Hickory Farms summer sausage for $0.49 and a giant Hershey's kiss for $0.39. The kiss will be tucked away for hubby's Valentine's, since it has no Christmas markings on it, just red kisses.

Bath sets were 50% off including Axe, Dove Men, Herbal Essences, and Olay. Wish I had some coupons. Hoping they will be around at 75%. Saw the car cleaning sets mentioned earlier for $7.50. Quite a few baby items are already 50%, even big items like cribs, as are a lot of sporting goods. Saw some boxed kids' bikes for 50% off.

Should be a fun January!

Just dashed in and out today but saw twin kids bedding sets marked down 50%-- toy story and I think princesses. Didn't need them but they looked cute at a glance. Also saw some bikes in boxes 30% and 50%. Didn't need them so didn't look very closely but looked like smaller bikes based on the size of the box--- so if you are looking for bikes look for the boxed ones too. Christmas plastic storage bins marked 30% but the ones that are on sale this week were actually cheaper. Everything else I saw has already been mentioned, but at a way, way lower % off here.

Found lots of stragglers and still ringing 90% off. One thing I don't remember seeing are the Hello Kitty stuffed animals. She's about 5" and dressed in Christmas outfits. Also has a "To:" and "From:" tag on. Originally 7.99 ringing .79. I'm guessing everything will be NSF tomorrow.

Does anyone in the DFW area know if the mini robo raptors went 75% yesterday? Can't find them and thinking I may have missed the boat. TIA

There were A LOT of women shopping the toy aisle. I couldn't believe the number of toys leaving. I did pick up 2 packs of Zoobles for my daughter's b-day. They were 1/2 price and I wasn't sure those would make it to 75%.

Now, if they just would have had some Christmas tuna... that's really the only thing I NEEDED!! :cheesy:

That happens every year. It is surprising how many people will buy them at the higher prices, but it is just a matter of wanting it more than being willing to wait. Or not being willing to make more trips to see. My husband will almost always pay more to avoid having to go back or search around. Some people have more money than time. Just not us. :-)

Does anyone in the DFW area know if the mini robo raptors went 75% yesterday? Can't find them and thinking I may have missed the boat. TIA

You realize those don't do anything, right? There is no remote control on the mini versions of any of those things. My kids found them to be pretty lame. They are fun with dogs & cats though. :-) They just walk around.

Hello all,

This is my first post, so hopefully I'm doing this right!

Thanks all for the information you've posted. It has sent me back to Target numerous times the last couple of weeks, more than I care to admit too!

I got a lot of great deals at 90% off today. I went to 3 Targets and I found 3 packages of the Vanity Fair dinner napkins, 6 packages of Christmas plates, Dixie plates with the penguin motif, probably about 14 rolls of tape, 2 Christmas pillows, Christmas sprinkles, the infamous Scotch brand scissors, 3 pack of men's boxers, Peanuts boxers, the Paul Frank kids slipper socks, Christmas stationary, men's toiletry bag, 12 pack of salad plates, remote control caddy, 2 Christmas shirts for ladies and more than I can possibly remember without looking at the receipt. I think a few of the things came from returns or possibly hidden on the sales floor or stock room.

I was amazed at what I found today that was not part of the 90% Christmas clearance. I got a Cannon A1100 camera for $74.99 (clearanced at 50% off original price of $149.99) because the new model had come out), 3 pairs of ladies satin pajamas that were repriced at $3.51, $4.4.9 and $4.98, party invitations and thank you notes 50% off.

Thanks to all of you who posted your info on finding the Christmas clearance in the regular sections!!!!! I had so much fun today finding those little nuggets! My Targets just today went 90% off so there was nothing really left in the seasonal section. However, I found thanks to you guys N/N PJs, tape, scissors, paper cutter, chocolate, men's boxers, color wonder stocking stuffers, and even a Guinness glass/bar set all 90% off in the reg sections. I forgot about the cookies and other food items but no matter... One of the Targets had also marked down all of their big and small jewelry boxes. The big ones were 50% off and the little ones were 75%. Also picked up at 75% off a leather charge station for your electronic devices $6.xx. The baby clearance is not as good as last year, but I am still watching to see how low they go and last.

Bummer...those were still $15 at Ward Pkwy today.

Just in case you hadn't priced checked them - make sure you do; the McGuire Gift Sets at my Target were priced at $15 too but they scanned at $7.50!

On a completely different note, it's so weird how the stores all differ.... I live on the west coast (Oregon) and the Portland location has tons of Holiday Goldfish, Pepperidge Farm cookies and frosted Animal Cookies ALL FULL PRICE ! It's so different this year than in years past - the toys moving towards 75% are not as cool this year or plentiful IMO. I did pick up the Lego Table today - there was only one left and it was 50%. We also had lots of the African American Baby Alive "Bouncin' Babbles" dolls for $6.84 - so just $1.34 after the $5 printable. All I really care about waiting for at this point is a Ben 10 game, a life-size Barbie and the Buzz Lightyear laptop... Still, it's fun to look for deals!

What are these and what do these do?

Darn it!! I had those same Mighty Beans in my hand yesterday and I put them back; there were a ton of them in the regular toy isle and since they didn't look "holiday'ish" I figured they were the regular ones! Should have scanned them! :(

finally got to target last night. almost all Christmas was gone but I did pick up a bunch of wrapping paper, an ornament, a advent calendar, and lady antebellum's Christmas cd for less than $5. toys were 50% from what I saw. And the selection my store had makes me think I should not even worry about the 75%.