Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2011

Brad

Just curious (and to help me figure out what is on my list)...what are everyone's "must have" items this time? I am pretty much only looking for boy stuff, as I think the girl selection is really poor this year (for my daughter's age range, at least...she's 4). I'm hoping for:

Empire Strikes Back Figurine Set

Toy Story Matchbox Train

Star Wars Plug and Play Video Game

Lego Sets (my store had a lot of Power Miners...not much else)

I'm going to try really hard not to over do it. I just recently organized my "stash" and I still have a TON from last January and July's clearances, so I need to only get the things I need for sure.

I am looking at a few things too

Anything Disney car related ( my store has a few random sets on clearance)

lps packs

thomas the train sets ( there are a few of those as well)

and those are my must haves. Thwere are a few other things I will def pick up if they are still there but I wont be heartbroken if I cant...

I did not walk through the kitchen section. I can keep my eye open for you though. What cookware set are you looking for? Do you only shop the downtown Target?

Yes i work downtown.. its hard for me to get into shopping on weekends with 3 kiddos.. so for any small itsy bitsy thing I run down at downtown target since its block from my office.

I think it Paula Deen and Calaphalon or similar brand .. this time around you can get it for 30.xx if u r lucky.

Thanks.. i m going today so I will come back n post again

Last year our Targets went on Fri 15th. Really threw me off since it has always been on Thurs. However looking at the calendar next Thur/Fri is the 3rd one of the month...which it has always seemed to go on. So now not sure if I need to waste my time there this week or not...it just seems to "early" still. The baby stuff hasnt gone yet and I always remember that going before the toys. I think it will be next week....

Last year our Targets went on Fri 15th. Really threw me off since it has always been on Thurs. However looking at the calendar next Thur/Fri is the 3rd one of the month...which it has always seemed to go on. So now not sure if I need to waste my time there this week or not...it just seems to "early" still. The baby stuff hasnt gone yet and I always remember that going before the toys. I think it will be next week....

You just never know till it happens. I am hoping it will be the week after next since I have to pick my son up from an overnight field trip tomorrow at 10:30 in the morning.

most toys at my store were still 30% couple of days back...i am guessing next week... but u never know....

Just curious (and to help me figure out what is on my list)...what are everyone's "must have" items this time? I am pretty much only looking for boy stuff, as I think the girl selection is really poor this year (for my daughter's age range, at least...she's 4).

I would really like:

Thomas Train Set of some sort

Circo Train Set

Playwonder Kitchen stuff

Little Mommy Set (which would be a great reward for DD when she gets completely potty trained - she's really into her dolls now - copying me when I'm taking care of DS)

Legos of some sort (all still 15%-30% here)

Also - Ok- to all those with kids - how do you do it? I have toddler DD in the front of the cart, but DS is in the infant carrier that just fits into the rest of the cart. Now, where do I put the stuff I want to buy? :confused::D I usually wait until DH comes home from work to watch at least one of the kids if not both, but for the semi-annual toy clearance... there probably won't be anything left. I can walk with them to a closer one, but the toy selection isn't good. I need to drive to the further one.

I would really like:

Circo Train Set

Playwonder Kitchen stuff

Little Mommy Set (which would be a great reward for DD when she gets completely potty trained - she's really into her dolls now - copying me when I'm taking care of DS)

Also - Ok- to all those with kids - how do you do it? I have toddler DD in the front of the cart, but DS is in the infant carrier that just fits into the rest of the cart. Now, where do I put the stuff I want to buy? :confused::D I usually wait until DH comes home from work to watch at least one of the kids if not both, but for the semi-annual toy clearance... there probably won't be anything left. I can walk with them to a closer one, but the toy selection isn't good. I need to drive to the further one.

Two carts? Push the one with the kids and pull the one with the toys! :)

I would really like:

Circo Train Set

Playwonder Kitchen stuff

Does your Target have the carts with the extra seats for kids? I have taken all 3 of mine and had 2 in the "kid cart" attachment and the infant carrier on top of the seat part on the cart (my carrier snapped on to carts pretty securely).

I happened to check the luggage aisle today and there was lots of clearance. Picked up two of these at 75% off! The cashier was eyeing them up; didn't tell her I took the only two.

###Embark 3-piece duffel luggage set - only bright pink with green trim scanned 75% for $9.98. Floral one was 30% at my store. Receipt item # 069090271

I would really like:

Circo Train Set

Playwonder Kitchen stuff

i hear ya...its very very hard...i was in your shoes last yr... this year DS will be in school and will have only dd with me...last year i took a extra cart...filled it with stuff and asked a store associate to help me to the register...but still u need the car to get the stuff home...

I happened to check the luggage aisle today and there was lots of clearance. Picked up two of these at 75% off! The cashier was eyeing them up; didn't tell her I took the only two.

###Embark 3-piece duffel luggage set - only bright pink with green trim scanned 75% for $9.98. Floral one was 30% at my store. Receipt item # 069090271

I saw those last week for 75% off, I didn't buy one because we don't need any new luggage but that's a great deal!!

Heard from two friends that went this morning to two separate stores and neither one had any activity going on in the toy aisles. One employee told my friend that it would be next week, but I don't believe that for one second based on the store and the markdown employees there that I have known in the past to purposefully give out misinformation. Not to say that it WON'T be next week, but just that I don't believe it based on that one person saying it.

Fingers still crossed for tomorrow!

Anyone know for sure when the furniture gets marked down? Is it part of Domestics or Housewares? I'm eyeing a jewelry armoire (ours sit in with the furniture section) and was hoping for 75 off.....

Monday - Electronics, Kids' Clothing, Stationery, Cards, Gift wrap

Tuesday - Domestics, Women's Clothing, Pets, Market Pantry

Wednesday - Men's Clothing, Toys, Health and Beauty, Lawn & Garden

Thursday - Housewares, Lingerie, Shoes, Sporting Goods, Movies, Music, Books, Decor, Luggage

Friday - Automotive, Cosmetics, Hardware, Jewelry

Anyone know for sure when the furniture gets marked down? Is it part of Domestics or Housewares? I'm eyeing a jewelry armoire (ours sit in with the furniture section) and was hoping for 75 off.....

Monday - Electronics, Kids' Clothing, Stationery, Cards, Gift wrap

Tuesday - Domestics, Women's Clothing, Pets, Market Pantry

Wednesday - Men's Clothing, Toys, Health and Beauty, Lawn & Garden

Thursday - Housewares, Lingerie, Shoes, Sporting Goods, Movies, Music, Books, Decor, Luggage

Friday - Automotive, Cosmetics, Hardware, Jewelry

I don't quite understsand what Domestics is versus Housewares either! I would love it somebody could provide some further insight!

Okay, so quick question. I am new to this, and would love to know the tricks, regarding the toy clearance. Supposedly toy clearance will be mostly 75% tomorrow...Do you go tonight and stash the stuff you want? Or is that a no-no? Or do you just go first thing in the morning and hope you get it? What if the markdown team hasn't marked it down yet? Does the price still ring up? Or do I have to wait? Anything else I should know? You can PM me if you don't want to post it, but I would love to know how to do this!

Okay, so quick question. I am new to this, and would love to know the tricks, regarding the toy clearance. Supposedly toy clearance will be mostly 75% tomorrow...Do you go tonight and stash the stuff you want? Or is that a no-no? Or do you just go first thing in the morning and hope you get it? What if the markdown team hasn't marked it down yet? Does the price still ring up? Or do I have to wait? Anything else I should know? You can PM me if you don't want to post it, but I would love to know how to do this!

Stashing for the toy clearance isn't really the best technique, since they do have to actually scan the toys for the markdown to happen. If there is only one of a certain toy and you hide it, it won't get scanned and therefore won't be marked down. If there are 20 of that same toy, but you are still worried about getting it, you could hide one away, I guess, if you weren't going to be able to be there right away after the toys get marked.

I do like to go ahead of time, though, and make a list of the toys I want and where they are located (which aisle or endcap) so I can easily find them.

If they are still marking things down when you get there, you DO have to wait until each toy is scanned for the price to be marked down on that toy. However, if there are 20 of the same toy, they ALL will be marked down as soon as they scan the first one.

I have a long Target Toy Clearance tutorial on my blog, which I don't think I can link to, but I will PM you the link.

I know this has nothing to do with target but I did see a few people on here wanting good deals on baby clothes. I received a coupon from babies r us taking an extra 40% off there already reduced clearance which is actually a good deal bc you come out getting about 70 to 80 % off. I got 4 out fits and a t shirt for my son for 29.00 and only paid $4 out of pocket bc I had 25 dollars in rewards. Hope this helps someone.

Stashing for the toy clearance isn't really the best technique, since they do have to actually scan the toys for the markdown to happen. If there is only one of a certain toy and you hide it, it won't get scanned and therefore won't be marked down. If there are 20 of that same toy, but you are still worried about getting it, you could hide one away, I guess, if you weren't going to be able to be there right away after the toys get marked.

I was wondering the same thing! Thanks for the info!!

I know this has nothing to do with target but I did see a few people on here wanting good deals on baby clothes. I received a coupon from babies r us taking an extra 40% off there already reduced clearance which is actually a good deal bc you come out getting about 70 to 80 % off. I got 4 out fits and a t shirt for my son for 29.00 and only paid $4 out of pocket bc I had 25 dollars in rewards. Hope this helps someone.

Toys R Us is doing the same thing too. I got my son 3 pair of summer sandals for 1.80 a pair!!! Great deal for us as he grows like a weed. Also got 4 outfits and a pair of Nike Tennis Shoes for babies for under $15.

Checked out the jewelry armoires today and today must not be the day. They were still only 50% off! :(